Annie name meaning
On This Page
What does Annie mean?
Prominent and Perennial unisex name Annie is chiefly used in Kannada, Sindhi, English, Oriya, Hindi, Gujarati, Finnish, Bengali, Telugu, Malayalam, Dutch, Marathi, Norwegian, Tamil, Swedish and Danish, Annie means "Grace, Favoured, God is Gracious, God has Shown Favour, Graceful or Favor" is originated from Hebrew.
Annie is a version of venerable, biblical and outstanding Ann. Ann is variant form of acclaimed and biblical Anouk. Also Ann is version of famous and in fashion in vogue Ansley.
Ann is also form of trendy, biblical and imperishable Anna. Ann is also form of trendy, biblical and imperishable Anne. Ann is equivalent of Anna in English language. Ann's meaning is Favour, Friendly and Mercy has origin in Old Greek and English.
Annie is variation of all time favorite and loved Anna. Anna is variation of Hanna    . Also Anna is a version of Germanic Names Beginning with Arn-. Anna is equivalent of Channah or Hannah in Old Greek and Latin languages.
Predominant and Evergreen Old Greek and Hebrew Anna, meaning of Anna is "God has Shown Favour and Name of a King". Annie is variant form of biblical and conifer Anne. Anne is variation of biblical, well-liked and immutable Ann.
Also Anne is variant form of biblical, durable and preeminent Anna. Anne is French and English equivalent of Anna. Also Anne is equivalent of Anders in Swedish language. Anne is also form of Arne in Norwegian language.
Illustrous and Enduring Anne's origin is Hebrew, meaning of Anne is "Graceful and Mercy".. Annie is celebrated on July 26th.
How do I pronounce Annie?
The most common way to pronounce two syllabled Annie is ann-ee. a(n)-nie is the different way(s) to pronounce the name.
Variants of Annie
Ani, Ann, Anna, Anne, Annabella, Kanani, Ana, Áni, Árni, Anouk, Ansley, Ane, Beverlyann, Annjanette, Aenne, Anella, Anki, Hanna, Ans, Aemiliana, Anacarolina, Anders, Arne, Anneli, Alianna, Anneelizabeth, Anika, Annika, Annielee
How popular is the name Annie?
Annie was a very popular name in United States. Over 352341 babies have been given the moniker in 232 years. When at the peak of its usage in 1881, it ranked 8th when 7475 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls.
However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 232 years but still performing better than most of the names. In addition to that, the first name has been in the top 10 baby names 5 times Also, Annie was a popular name in England and Wales.
Over 8802 babies have been given the first name in 23 years. When at the peak of its usage in 2016, the moniker grabbed the 108th spot and 534 baby girls were given the name.
However after 23 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but still performing better than most of the names. Moreover, the name has been to the top 500 baby names 23 times Also, Annie is an extremely popular in France where over 210127 new-borns have been given the name since 1900.
Presently the moniker is on a rise, in 1948, it ranked 6th when 11484 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Additionally, the first name has been in the top 10 baby names 13 times
In Sweden, Annie was once a common name since emerging in 1998 it has been given to over 1120 babies.
When at the peak of its usage in 2001,. After 8 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Annie is a familiar baby name in Ireland, it has been in use since 1964 and was able to reach the top 100 names.
Recently in 2019, 91 babies were given Annie and it reached its peak ranking, 66 on girl names chart. Over 1834 people have been named Annie in Ireland.
Annie is an uncommon baby name in Switzerland, although it has been in use since 1998 but could not make beyond the top 700.
Over 112 babies in Switzerland have been named Annie. In Belgium, it has been in use since 1996 and peaked in 1996 when it ranked 898th. However things change on global perspective, Annie is extremely popular in DR Congo where every 1 in 400 have the name.
Also the baby name is popular in Malawi, Philippines, Liberia, Zambia, Madagascar, Canada, England, India, South Africa, Congo, Central African Republic, Australia, Malaysia, Cameroon, Scotland, Zimbabwe, Netherlands, Rwanda, Ghana, Mozambique, Puerto Rico, Northern Ireland and Denmark.
At least, 1390000 people globally have been given the name as per our research.
Annie in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Annie?
You prefer to follow your intuition rather than follow rules and suggestions. If you notice someone being superficial, you walk away. People admire your charm and independent attitude about everything. Having number 1 as your personality no represents your determination, strong will to change the world and ambition. You prefer originality and hard work instead of taking the easier road to success.
Other names liked by name hunters that are similar to Annie
- Aglaja - The girl name Aglaja is used predominantly in German, Dutch and Finnish, Aglaja means "Aglaós" has its origin in Old Greek
- Martien means War-like, Dedicated to Mars and War-Like Dedicated to Mars has its origin in Latin is a boy name is used principally in Dutch. Martien is derivative of Martin.
- Christiaan - Offbeat Christiaan came from Latin is used majorly in Dutch and English and a boy name, meaning of Christiaan is "Diminutive of Christian or Follower of Christ"
- Wessel is originated from Old High German and Old English languages is a boy name, especially used in Norwegian and Dutch, Wessel means "Army, Warni or Warn"
- Betje means My God is Abundance or My God has Sworn is predominantly used in Dutch and of Hebrew origin is a girl name
Middle names for Annie
Complement Annie with any of the bold and attractive middle names assembled below.
View more middle names that goes with Annie.
Sibling Names for Annie
Looking for a sibling name to pair with the adorable name "Annie"? We've compiled a list of names that complement this sweet and timeless moniker, giving you plenty of options to choose from for your growing family. Whether you're after classic picks or modern twists, there's something here for everyone.
Names for Annie's sister
For a brother
Famous people named Annie
- Annie Gosfield, composer based in New York
- Annie Raines, American musician, best known as a harmonicist
- Annie Horniman, English theatre patron and manager
- Annie Keary, English novelist and poet
- Annie Jones, American bearded woman, born in Virginia
- Annie Henrietta Yule, British film financier and a breeder of Arabian horses
- Annie Glenn, American advocate for people with disabilities and communication disorders as well as the widow of former astronaut and Senator John Glenn
- Annie Louise Cary, American singer
- Annie Brocoli, popular children's character in Quebec
- Annie Bidwell, 19th-century pioneer and founder of society
- Annie Fratellini, French circus artist, singer
- Annie Fortescue Harrison, English composer of songs and piano pieces
- Annie Nathan Meyer, American author
- Annie Ernaux, French writer
- Annie Sophie Cory,
- Annie Miles, actress
- Annie Bell Robinson Devine, activist in the Civil Rights Movement
- Annie Londonderry, Latvian immigrant to the United States
- Annie Leigh Hobson Broughton, academic administrator and advocate for women's opportunities
- Annie Cotton, Canadian actress and singer
- Annie Ovenden, British fine artist and a founder member of the Brotherhood of Ruralists
- Annie Knight,
- Annie McGuire, Scottish reporter
- Annie Payson Call, Waltham author
- Annie Powell, Welsh Communist politician
- Annie Griffin, American writer and director
- Annie Lorrain Smith, British lichenologist whose 'Lichens' was an essential textbook for several decades
- Annie Von Behren, American stage actress of the 19th century
- Annie Williams, watercolour artist
- Annie Pietri, French writer
- Annie Perreault, Canadian short track speed skater
- Annie Buller, union organizer as well as co-founder of the Communist Party of Canada and manager of many CPC publications
- Annie McEwen, Australian social activist
- Annie Gariepy, female member of the Canadian cycling team and has cycled for the American team auto trader
- Annie Bonar Law,
- Annie May Jackson, first female police officer in Canada
- Annie Dale Biddle Andrews, first woman to earn a Ph
- Annie Kevans, English artist
- Annie Reiner, American author, playwright and poet
- Annie Arniel, suffragist and women's rights advocate
- Annie Jump Cannon, American astronomer whose cataloging work was instrumental
- Annie Montague Alexander, American philanthropist and paleontological collector
- Annie Cohen-Solal, French sociologist, academic and writer
- Annie Elizabeth Delany, American dentist and civil rights pioneer
- Annie Heloise Abel, history professor
- Annie Potts, American actress
- Annie Dillard, American author
- Annie Besant, British socialist, theosophist, women's rights activist
- Annie Lennox, Scottish singer, songwriter
- Annie Thompson, wife of Sir John Thompson
- Annie Oakley, American sharpshooter and exhibition shooter
- Annie Proulx, American novelist, short story writer
- Annie Golden, American actress and singer
Lists having Annie
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Dutch Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Bengali Baby Names
- Gujarati Baby Names
- Kannada Baby Names
- Malayalam Baby Names
- Marathi Baby Names
- Sindhi Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Telugu Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Popular Girl Names in United States (1948)
- Popular Girl Names in Ireland (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in France (1973)
- Popular Girl Names in Sweden (2012)
- Baby Names that mean Grace
- Baby Names that mean Favoured
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Gracious
- Baby Names that mean Favour
- Baby Names that mean Graceful
- Baby Names that mean Favor