Amara name meaning
On This Page
What does Amara mean?
Commonly Accepted unisex name Amara means "Immortal One, Grass, Aid, Assistance, Steadfast, Lovely Forever, Imperishable, Grace, Prosperity, Happiness or Unfading Flower" substantially used in Hindi, Telugu, Gujarati, Sanskrit, Igbo, Arabic, Tamil, Bengali, Malayalam, Kannada, Marathi and English is of Igbo, Arabic and Old Greek origin.
Does Amara sound like a good baby name?
Amara is a unique and exotic baby girl name with Cambodian origin. It carries several specialities, including its beautiful meaning of Everlasting, Grace, Immortal, and To Love.
The name's exotic origin and elegant sound make it stand out from other traditional names. Amara can be a perfect choice for parents who are looking for a meaningful and uncommon name for their baby girl.
How do I pronounce Amara?
The proper pronunciation of one syllabled Amara is a-MAH-ra. The pronunciation choose to emphasis on second MAH syllable. Some people pronounce it as ah-marr-ah or a-ma-ra.
Variants of Amara
Nicknames for Amara
If you're looking for a nickname, there is a Plenty that works with the baby name Amara. Some of these are:Names that rhyme with Amara
How popular is the name Amara?
a popular name in United States having over 14035 recievers in 77 years of usage. Currently the name is rising, in 2018, the moniker grabbed the 193rd spot and 1564 baby girls were given the name.
Moreover, the name has been to the top 500 baby names 4 times A common name in England and Wales having over 2398 recievers in 30 years of usage. When at its peak in 2018, the moniker grabbed the 185th spot and 283 baby girls were given the name.
Amara is a unique baby name in France, it has been in use since 1952 and was able to reach the top 700 names. In 1965, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 617 on girl names chart when 40 babies were named Amara.
Over 1202 babies in France have been named Amara. Also, in Switzerland, the name has been in use since 2000 and has secured the place in top 300 names. Recently in 2018, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 297 on girl names chart when 27 babies were named Amara.
There are over 147 babies that have been given the name Amara in Switzerland. Also, in Netherlands, in just 3 years, it has made it to the top 500 names. Recently in 2019, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 429 on girl names chart when 30 babies were named Amara.
Amara is an uncommon baby name in Ireland still in use today. In Belgium, first appeared in 2009 and is still in use. But Amara is a popular baby name in India where every 1 in 20000 have the name as well as in, Sierra Leone, Syria, Guinea, Nepal, Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Brazil, Algeria, Mali, Tunisia and Thailand.
At least, 480000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our estimate.
Amara in Nordic countries
Numerological analysis of Amara
You are a good friend who listens and never judges. You hang around with different people, so you can widen your life perspective and expand your knowledge. You believe life's to have fun. Having letter A as your capstone in your name represents the independent and carefree life you are living. You are a self-motivated, ambitious, and intuitive person who rarely hears what others have to say when it comes to business.
Other names similar to Amara
- Cinzia - Anomalous Old Greek Cinzia means "Precious Stone or Woman from the Mountain Kynthos on Delos Island" used as a girl name is notably used in Spanish and Italian
- Jore - Jore's meaning is Worker of the Earth is notably used in Danish, Swedish and Norwegian which is rooted from Old Greek and Hebrew is used as a boy name
- Karon - Trendy Karon is originated from Old Greek language is a gender-neutral name, predominantly used in English, Karon means "Form of Catherine or Pure"
- Rasa - Unexpected Rasa is used especially in Arabic and Sanskrit is a baby girl name, Rasa means "Expressive or Nectar" is originated from Old Greek
- Stephen - Long standing and Frequently Used Stephen majorly is used in Danish, Finnish and Marathi has origin in Old Greek, meaning of Stephen is "Crowned or Wreath" is bestowed upon both sexes
Sibling Names for Amara
For a sister
Brother to Amara
Famous people named Amara
- Amara Ahmed Ouattara, Burkinabé footballer
- Amara Essy, diplomat from Ivory Coast
- Amara Traoré, retired Senegalese footballer
- Amara Diané, retired Ivorian football striker
- Amara Simba, retired French football player
- Amara Karan, British Sri Lankan Tamil actress
- Amara Sy, Malian-French professional basketball player for AS Monaco of the French Pro A Division
- Actor Amara Carmona, notable for movie Cachito
- In 1998, Amara Villafuerte portrayed the role of Araceli in action film Cazador de cazadores.
Lists having Amara
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- Arabic Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Sanskrit Baby Names
- Bengali Baby Names
- Gujarati Baby Names
- Kannada Baby Names
- Malayalam Baby Names
- Marathi Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Telugu Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that starts with Ama
- Girl names that ends with -ara
- Baby Names that mean Immortal
- Baby Names that mean Grass
- Baby Names that mean One
- Baby Names that mean Steadfast
- Baby Names that mean Lovely
- Baby Names that mean Forever
- Baby Names that mean Grace
- Baby Names that mean Prosperity
- Baby Names that mean Happiness
- Baby Names that mean Flower