Hermione name meaning
What does Hermione mean?
Hermione's meaning is Well Born, Stone, Earthly, Universal, Complete, Messenger or Hermes is used as a baby girl name which is rooted from Old Greek is notably used in Danish, Finnish, Swedish, Greek, English and German. Hermione is variant of Hermia. Hermia is a form of famed and classy Hermine. Of Germanic and Old Greek origin, Anomalous and Evergreen Hermia, Hermia means "The Word Herma with the Meaning Cairn Heap of Stones". Hermione is feminine version of Hermes. Hermes is short of Hermann. Also Hermes is equivalent of The Greek Name ‘Ερμης Meaning Prop, Pillar in Latin language. Creative and adventurous and Perennial Old Greek Hermes, meaning of Hermes is "Cairn and Man".
How do I pronounce Hermione?
One syllabled Hermione is pronounced as her-MY-o-nee. There should be emphasis on second MY syllable while speaking. The name can also be pronounced as he-rmio-ne, her-mione or her-my-uh-nee.
Variants of Hermione
Her, Hermia, Hermine, Herma, Hermes, Ermes, Armine, Harman, Hermina, Irma, Hermanna, Hermo
View middle names that goes with Hermione like Maliyah, Anae,Names that rhyme with Hermione
How popular is the name Hermione?
Hermione used to be a common name in England and Wales, first appeared in 1996 and over 2037 babies have been given the name in 23 years. When at its peak in 2003,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 23 years. Hermione is a familiar baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1898 and was able to reach the top 2000 names. In 1898, it ranked 1502nd when 80 girl were named Hermione. There are over 1150 babies that have been given the name Hermione in United States.
Hermione is a unique baby name in France, it has been in use since 1972 and was able to reach the top 1000 names. Recently in 2018, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 939 on girl names chart when 47 babies were named Hermione. Over 652 people have been named Hermione in France. Hermione is an uncommon baby name in still in use in Belgium. Hermione is a common name in Benin while somewhat familiar name in England, Haiti, Cameroon, Gabon and Brazil. At least, 3000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our research.
Hermione in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Hermione
To have dreams you want to accomplish means having a reason to wake up in the morning. However, you live by other people's rules and social restrictions which is not good for you. Number 8 reveals your sharp focus and ability to love with all your heart as your personality number. Doing what you are passionate about is the best thing ever, and the only way to feel real joy and happiness. You never establish clumsy connections.
Looking for a name like Hermione? Please go through the following names
- Pietre has its origin in Greek is used substantially in Slavic, Pietre means "Rock or Rock"
- Seline - The odd girl name Seline is used particulary in French, English and Swedish. Its origin is in Old Greek, Seline means "Moon"
- Filomina - The rare girl name Filomina has its origin in Old Greek, Filomina means "Strongly Beloved, Friend of Strength and Greatly Loved" is used principally in Tamil. Filomina is a derivative of Philomena.
- Angelyne - Unorthodox Angelyne came from Old Greek is a baby girl name, meaning of Angelyne is "Messenger, Messenger of God and Angel". Angelyne is resultant of Angelina.
- Evgeny - Mostly used in Norwegian, Finnish and Russian, Evgeny has its origin in Old Greek is a baby boy name. Evgeny is equivalent of Eugenius in Latin and Russian languages
Sibling Names for Hermione
Are you considering naming your newborn baby girl "Hermione"? If yes, then here is a list of sibling names that would perfectly complement and match the unique and classic name Hermione. From traditional to modern, these names are sure to inspire you and help you find the perfect name for your little one's brother or sister.
Sister to Hermione
Brother for Hermione
Famous people named Hermione
- Hermione Lee, was President of Wolfson College, Oxford
- Hermione Gingold, English actress known for her sharp-tongued
- Hermione Baddeley, English character actress of theatre
- Hermione Cobbold, Baroness Cobbold, British matriarch of Knebworth House and wife of Cameron Fromanteel Cobbold
- Hermione Hannen, English theatre and film actress
- Hermione Hammond, English painter
- Hermione Cockburn, British television and radio presenter specialising
- Hermione Norris, English actress
- Hermione Kitson in Episode dated 17 March 2012 as
- Hermione Farthingale in The Great Waltz as Actress
- Hermione Ninnim in Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace as Miscellaneous Crew
- Hermione Way in The Startup Kids as
- Hermione Gulliford in The Affair of the Necklace as Actress
- Hermione Corfield in Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation as Actress
- Hermione Cahill in short Castor & Pollux as Actress
Lists having Hermione
- Girl names beginning with H
- American Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- Greek Girl Names
- Danish Girl Names
- Finnish Girl Names
- German Girl Names
- Swedish Girl Names
- Girl names that ends with -one
- Baby Names that mean Stone
- Baby Names that mean Earthly
- Baby Names that mean Universal
- Baby Names that mean Complete
- Baby Names that mean Messenger
- Baby Names that mean Hermes
- Baby Names that mean Dedicated