Iona name meaning
On This Page
What does Iona mean?
Trendy and Conifer Iona is originated from Hebrew, Old Norse and Old Greek, Iona means "Violet, Dove, Flower Name, Purple Gem, Beach Strand, God is Merciful or Protected" which is mostly used in Scottish, English and Irish is aimed at both sexes..
It is celebrated on May 8th or May 30th.
How do I pronounce Iona?
The most common way to pronounce two syllabled Iona is eye-own-uh. The name can also be pronounced as i(o)-na.
Variants of Iona
How popular is the name Iona?
A common name in United States with over 11799 new-borns have been given the name since 1880. Recently the name is rising, in 1918, it ranked 317th when 404 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls.
Additionally, the moniker has been in Also, A common name in England and Wales with over 3109 new-borns have been given the name since 1996. Presently the moniker is on a rise, in 2000, the moniker grabbed the 199th spot and 210 baby girls were given the name.
Iona is a familiar baby name in France, it has been in use since 1978 and was able to reach the top 600 names. In 1999, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 589 on girl names chart when 61 babies were named Iona.
Over 757 people have been named Iona in France. Iona is an uncommon baby name in Belgium, its highest ever rank is 752 (2008) in its 11 years run on Belgium naming chart.
Iona is a rare baby name in Ireland, chances of it being still in use are very slim. Iona is a common name in Brazil, England, Jamaica and Scotland while somewhat familiar name in Canada, Wales, South Africa, India, New Zealand, Georgia, Russia, Ukraine, Philippines, Australia and Guyana.
According to our findings, over 10000 babies have been named Iona globally.
Iona in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological analysis of Iona
It's strange but you enjoy being miserable sometimes. You don't want anyone standing on your way or messing with your life just like you stay out of other people's lives and don't get in their way of success. Having no 5 as your personality number represents your extraordinary personality and creativity. Understanding others is your specialty, but you never expect people to do for you, what you are willing to do for them.
Do you like Iona? You would love these names
- Stefanie - Trendy Stefanie is originated from Old Greek language bestowed upon both boys and girls which is used in French, Swedish and German, Stefanie means "The Crowned or The Crowned"
- Jirina - Jirina's meaning is Bauer is originated from Old Greek used notably in Czech is a baby girl name
- Péter - Boy name Péter means "The Stone or The Rock" and originated from Old Greek is chiefly used in Hungarian
- Nikhil - Origin of Famed Nikhil is in Hindi and Sanskrit is used principally in Bengali, Telugu and Tamil, meaning of Nikhil is "Whole, Complete or Entire" is given to boys
- Basilia - Odd girl name Basilia is mainly used in Spanish, Finnish and Italian has its origin in Old Greek, Basilia means "Kingly or Royal"
Middle names for Iona
These widely-accepted and teeny-weeny middle names fit well with Iona.
View more middle names that goes with Iona.
Sibling Names for Iona
Introducing the perfect name for a baby girl: Iona. If you're considering this unique and lovely name, you may also be wondering what other names would make great sibling names to go along with it. Here are some ideas that will complement Iona's charm and beauty perfectly.
Sister to Iona
Brother for Iona
Famous people named Iona
- Iona Nikitchenko, judge of the Supreme Court of the Soviet Union
- Iona Opie,
- Iona and Peter Opie, married team of folklorists,
- Iona, progressive Celtic rock band
- Iona Campagnolo, Canadian politician
- Iona Brown, British violinist and conductor
- Iona Yakir, Red Army commander and one of the world's major military reformers between World War I and World War II
- Iona Wynter, former triathlete and cyclist from Jamaica
- Iona Morris, American actress
- Iona Grace in Rope Bondage Workshop with the Two Knotty Boys as Actress
- Iona Andronov in movie Chelovek, kotoryy bral intervyu as Writer
- Iona Talanov characterized central character of Mr. Enniok - industrialist in 1923 drama film Poslednyaya stavka mistera Ennioka.
Lists having Iona
- Boys names beginning with I
- Girls names beginning with I
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Norse Baby Names
- Irish Baby Names
- Scottish Baby Names
- Girl names that ends with -ona
- Baby Names that mean Violet
- Baby Names that mean Island
- Baby Names that mean Flower
- Baby Names that mean Blessed
- Baby Names that mean Dove
- Baby Names that mean Purple
- Baby Names that mean Gem
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Merciful
- Baby Names that mean Protected