Chester name meaning
What does Chester mean?
Eternal and Customary Chester is used dominantly in English, Chester means "Stone Camp, Fort, From the Fortified Camp, Castle Dweller or Chester from the Stem End" and came from Old English is used as a gender-neutral name . Chester is short version of Rochester. Meaning of Rochester is From the Rock Fortress and Stone Camp is used especially in English is originated from English.
Does Chester sound like a good baby name?
Yes, Chester is a good name for a baby boy. It originates from Latin and literally means "camp of soldiers" or "fortress". Chester is a strong name that sets an inspirational example to young boys. It suggests strength and power, symbolizing bravery and courage in the face of adversity. Furthermore, it has been around for centuries and has a certain timelessness about it. It is also seen as traditional yet stylish - the perfect balance between modern and classic!
How do I pronounce Chester?
The two syllabled name Chester is commonly pronounced as ch(es)-ter.
Variants of ChesterNames that rhyme with Chester
How popular is the name Chester?
Chester was a popular name in United States. Over 121585 babies have been given the moniker in 204 years. At the peak of its usage in 1919, it ranked 53rd when 3698 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. After 204 years, the name has past its prime. Additionally, the moniker has been in the top 100 baby names an astonishing 50 times Also, a popular name in England and Wales with over 2152 new-borns have been given the name since 1996. Recently at its peak, 555 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 112nd position. Additionally, the moniker has been in the top 500 baby names 5 times
Chester is a rare baby name in France however it is still in use. But Chester is a popular baby name in Philippines where every 1 in 20000 have the name. As per our estimate, over 120000 people has been named Chester globally.
Chester in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Chester
You have to put your mind to realize your dream, plan each step on the way carefully and precisely, and don't stop trying until you do it. You watch your mouth and think twice before you say something. You should stop hoping that everyone will understand and support you. You like your freedom and independence. Searching for the true meaning of life is one of your preoccupations at the moment.
Do you like Chester? Read these names too
- Parthena - Principally used in English old-school and atypical, Parthena means "Maiden or Virgin" which originated from Old Greek is aimed at girls
- Wadley - New-fangled and Unexpected choice Wadley principally is used in English is originated from English used for baby boys, meaning of Wadley is "From Wade's Meadow or Ford Meadow"
- Jededish - Of Hebrew origin, Jededish is primarily used in English and is aimed at baby boys, Jededish means "Beloved of Yahweh and Beloved of the Lord". Jededish is derivation of Jedidiah.
- Kadence - Preeminent Kadence largely is used in English, meaning of Kadence is "Cadence" aimed at both genders is of English origin
- Deavon means Poet, Variant of the English County Name Devon or Bard is mostly used in English and originated from English and Celtic is a gender-neutral name
Middle names for Chester
Possible options for a child named Chester include these short and familiar middle names:
View more middle names that goes with Chester.
Sibling Names for Chester
Are you searching for sibling names to pair with the charming and classic name "Chester"? Look no further, as we have compiled a list of beautiful and unique names that will perfectly complement your little one's moniker. From traditional to modern, there is a name for every taste and preference. Let's explore some options!
Sister for Chester
Brother to Chester
Famous people named Chester
- Chester Commodore, African-American cartoonist
- Chester Harding, American portrait painter
- Chester Samuel Walters, Canadian politician and administrator
- Chester Adgate Congdon, lawyer and capitalist, was
- Chester Burleigh Watts, American astronomer
- Chester M. Ovnand, was formerly listed on the Vietnam Veterans Memorial as the second American killed
- Chester Williams Rice, electrical engineer
- Chester La Follette, American painter
- Chester Plummer, taxi driver in the Washington
- Chester E. Holifield, United States Representative from California
- Chester Holcombe, Holcombe graduated from Union College
- Chester Talton, Provisional Bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of San Joaquin
- Chester Ludgin, American operatic baritone
- Chester Moore Hall, British lawyer and inventor
- Chester Withey, American silent film actor, director
- Chester Gorman, American anthropologist and archaeologist
- Chester Gillette, basis of the 1931 film 'An American Tragedy' and the 1951 film 'A Place
- Chester Biscardi, Italian American composer and educator
- Chester Bidwell Darrall, American Republican Congressman
- Chester W. Taylor, U.S. Representative from Arkansas
- Chester Currier, newspaper and magazine columnist and nonfiction book author
- Chester Clute, American actor familiar
- Chester Sidney Williams, American educator and author
- Chester Carlson, American physicist, inventor, and patent attorney
- Chester Barnard, American business executive, public administrator
- Chester W. Nimitz, Chester William Nimitz, Sr
- Chester Gould, American cartoonist
- Chester Morris, American stage, film, television, and radio actor
- Chester Bennington, American singer, songwriter, musician, and actor
- Chester Bowles, American diplomat and ambassador, Governor of Connecticut
- Chester Lauck, comic actor
- Chester Kallman, American poet, librettist, and translator
- Chester Thompson, American drummer, percussionist, session musician
- Chester Brown, Canadian cartoonist
- Chester Greenwood, of Farmington, Maine, invented the earmuff
- Chester Himes, black American writer
- Chester Thordarson, com/ihc-Thordarson
- Chester Ronning, Canadian educator, politician, and diplomat
- Chester R. Bender, served as the fourteenth Commandant of the United States Coast Guard
- Chester Gillan, former Canadian educator and politician
- Chester P, rapper in the UK hip-hop scene
- Chester Williams, former South African rugby union rugby player
- Chester Taylor, former American football running back
- Chester Borrows, former New Zealand politician
- Chester Conklin, early American film comedian
- Chester B. Jordan, American teacher, lawyer
- Chester Watson, former Jamaican cricketer
- Chester Pitts, former American football offensive lineman of the National Football League
- Chester Holmes Aldrich, American architect and director of the American Academy
- Chester Harding, was Governor of the Panama Canal Zone
- Chester Hardy Aldrich, American politician
Lists having Chester
- Boys names beginning with C
- Girls names beginning with C
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Girl names that starts with Che
- Boy names that ends with -ter
- Popular Boy Names in United States (1929)
- Baby Names that mean Camp
- Baby Names that mean Rock
- Baby Names that mean Fortress
- Baby Names that mean Stone
- Baby Names that mean Fortified
- Baby Names that mean Castle
- Baby Names that mean Dweller
- Baby Names that mean Stem
- Baby Names that mean End