Damon name meaning
On This Page
What does Damon mean?
Widely Accepted and Conifer Damon has its origin in Old Greek and Latin, Damon means "To Tame, Constant or Tamer" and is substantially used in Norwegian, English, Swedish, Bengali, Danish, Icelandic and Finnish is used as a unisex name.
Damon is Latin equivalent of The Greek Name Δαμων.
How do I pronounce Damon?
The two syllabled name Damon is pronounced, d(a)-mon.
Variants of DamonNames that rhyme with Damon
How popular is the name Damon?
a popular name in United States having over 64280 recievers in 151 years of usage. At present the name is rising, in 1976, it ranked 104th when 2455 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys.
Additionally, the first name has been in the top 500 baby names a staggering 62 times In England and Wales, Damon was once a common name since emerging in 1996 it has been given to over 1144 babies.
At the peak of its usage in 1996,. However after 23 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts.
Damon is a familiar baby name in France, it has been in use since 1994 and was able to reach the top 900 names.
In 2013, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 809 on boy names chart when 54 babies were named Damon. Over 397 people have been named Damon in France. Damon is a unique baby name in Netherlands, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 500 names.
Recently in 2018, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 476 on boy names chart when 31 babies were named Damon. Also, in Belgium, it has been in use since 1995 and was able to reach the top 500 names.
In 2014, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 405 on boy names chart when 28 babies were named Damon. Over 289 babies in Belgium have been named Damon. Also, during its short run of just 1 years in Queensland, it had made it to the top 100 names.
In 1999, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 97 on boy names chart when 46 babies were named Damon.
Damon is an uncommon baby name in Ireland where it has been in use since 1977 and achieved its top ranking of 271 in 1988.
Damon is a rare baby name in Netherlands however it is still in use and also in Queensland. Damon is a common name in England, Australia, Iran, South Africa and Canada while somewhat familiar name in New Zealand, Pakistan, China, India, Ghana, Wales, Indonesia, Brazil, Scotland, Ivory Coast, Malaysia, Hong Kong and Zambia.
As per our findings, over 70000 babies have been bestowed Damon around the globe.
Damon in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Damon
You find a way to disappoint yourself even if there's no reason for disappointment. You get disappointed when you realize that most people worry more about social appearances rather than personal growth. People envy your success and personal life, and would give just anything to be like you. You will learn that nothing matters more than love and dreams in life. Stop being so kind and show people their place in your life.
Go through the following names similar to Damon
- Marinella - Far-out Marinella commonly is used in Danish, Icelandic and Finnish, meaning of Marinella is "Of the Sea or Sailor of the Sea" and a baby girl name is of Latin origin
- Minea - Origin of Atypical and Modernistic Minea is in Latin is used commonly in Finnish, Swedish and German, meaning of Minea is "Intellect" is given to girls
- Vincentine - Unconventional girl name Vincentine means "Vanquish" is originated from Latin
- Marisha - Uncommon girl name Marisha is originated from Hebrew and Latin which is used specifically in English and Russian languages, Marisha means "Bitter, A Variation of Mary or Overthrow"
- Kentin - Kentin's meaning is Fifth is rooted from Old English and Latin is used for boys
Middle names for Damon
Here are some familiar and appealing middle names we think go great with Damon, we've got you covered with these familiar and appealing middle names.
View more middle names that goes with Damon.
Sibling Names for Damon
Looking for the perfect name to pair with Damon? Whether you're having twins or just want to find a complementary name for your little one, we've compiled a list of sibling names that go great with Damon. From classic choices to modern favorites, there's something here for every family.
Sister to Damon
Names for Damon's brother
Famous people named Damon
- Damon Rivers Headden, was majority leader of the Tennessee House of Representatives
- Damon Intrabartolo, American composer, orchestrator and conductor
- Damon Gray, English footballer
- Damon Martin, American film producer
- Damon Rochefort, Welsh scriptwriter, songwriter and producer
- Damon Runyon, to Alfred Lee and Elizabeth Runyan
- Damon Knight, American science fiction author, editor and critic
- Damon Hill, British former racing driver
- Damon Albarn, English musician, best known as the lead singer of the British rock band Blur as well as the co-founder
- Damon Wayans, Damon Kyle Wayans Sr
- Damon Stoudamire, American retired professional basketball player and the current head men's basketball coach at the University of the Pacific
- Damon Keith, Senior United States Circuit Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit and a former United States District Judge of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- Damon Dash, American entrepreneur, music producer and actor
- Damon Harris, African-American soul and R&B singer
- Damon Jones, American retired professional basketball player
- Damon Lindelof, American screenwriter, comic book writer
- Damon Allen, former professional quarterback
- Damon Minchella, English bass guitarist
- Damon Hollins, former Major League Baseball outfielder
- Damon Packard, underground American film director and actor
- Damon Che, rock drummer and guitarist
- Damon Searle, Welsh professional footballer
- Damon Huard, former American football quarterback
- Damon Lusk, stock car racer
- Damon Duval, American former professional placekicker and punter
- Damon Diletti, former field hockey goalkeeper from Australia,
- Damon Berryhill, former Major League Baseball catcher and current manager for the AAA Gwinnett Stripers
- Damon Buford, American former Major League Baseball center fielder with the Baltimore Orioles
- Damon Bruce, American sports radio host
- Damon Bailey, retired American basketball player
- Damon Wayans Jr., Damon Kyle Wayans Jr
- Damon & Naomi, American dream pop/indie folk duo,
- Damon Galgut, award-winning South African playwright and novelist
- Damon Santostefano, American film director and screenwriter
- Damon DiMarco, New York City author, actor, playwright
- Damon Andrews, director and actor from New Zealand
- Damon Evans, athletics director/chief financial officer at the University of Maryland
- Damon Evans, American actor, born in Baltimore, Maryland
- Damon Johnson, American guitarist, vocalist, and songwriter
- Damon Gibson, former professional football player of the National Football League
- Damon Buffini,
- Damon Keating, Australian former rugby league footballer
- Damon Herriman, Australian actor
- Damon White, former Australian Rules footballer
- Damon Quinn, Northern Irish actor, writer and producer
- Damon Ming, Bermudian footballer
- Damon Scott, British entertainer known for his appearance
- Damon Mays, Damon E. Mays, Jr
- Damon Jones, former professional American football player
- Damoni Burkhardt in A Snow Globe Christmas as Actress
- Damon Fox in Traces of Death as
- Damon Collazo in The Beauties Meet the Geeks: Part 1 as Casting Director
- Damon Lee in Undercover Brother as Producer
- Damon Sharpe in The Bounty Hunter as Soundtrack
- In comedy and drama flick, Be Not Afraid!, Damon Pampolina played Perkins.
- In 1987 comedy flick, Disorderlies, Damon Wimbley portrayed Kool.
- Damon Bonetti portrayed the central character of Thom in 2007 comedy, romance movie Thomcats.
- Damon Dennin, from 2004 comedy film White Girl Young Pretty, who portrayed Drew.
- Damon Lipari, from 2009 drama film LA-308 Assassin Redemption, who portrayed Paul Matthews.
- In 2013 comedy movie, The Failure, Damon Dunay played Rakib.
Lists having Damon
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with D
- Girls names beginning with D
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Bengali Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Boy names that starts with Dam
- Boy names that ends with -mon
- Popular Boy Names in Queensland (1999)
- Baby Names that mean Tame
- Baby Names that mean Constant
- Baby Names that mean Spirit
- Baby Names that mean Blue
- Baby Names that mean Sky
- Baby Names that mean God