Coen meaning and origin
Used dominantly in English and Dutch noteworthy, Coen means "Bold, Counsel, Advice or Advisor" and came from Germanic and Old High German is used as a baby boy name . Coen is form of long standing and customary Conrad. Conrad is variant of widely accepted Konrad. Widely Accepted Conrad has its origin in Germanic and Old High German languages, Conrad means "Honest Adviser and Brave".
Variants of CoenNames that rhyme with Coen
Popularity of Coen
Coen is a common name in United States given to over 3089 babies in 25 years. At present the name is rising, in 2016, it ranked 797th when 290 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. In England and Wales, Coen is a familiar name where it has been in use since 1998 and has secured the place in top 500 names. Recently in 2016, 87 babies were given Coen and it reached its peak ranking, 468 on boy names chart. There are over 503 babies that have been given the name Coen in England and Wales.
Coen is a unique baby name in Netherlands, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 400 names. In 2015, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 377 on boy names chart when 40 babies were named Coen. Over 140 babies in Netherlands have been named Coen. Also, Coen is a familiar name in South Africa, Cambodia and Belgium. At least, 10000 people globally have been given the name as per our research.
Coen in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Coen?
You believe that change affects your life positively, so you are all about changes. Sometimes, you act selfishly. You are always in the center of attention because of the unusual lifestyle you lead and life decisions that seem too dangerous to some but inspiring to others. You prefer to handle things alone. This reflects your self-confidence and self-reliance. Your number represents mind strength and persistence.
Other names liked by soon-to-be-parents that are similar to Coen
- Merten - Atypical Merten substantially is used in Dutch and Swedish is a boy name that came from Latin and Old English, meaning of Merten is "Mars"
- Ernst - Durable and Loved Ernst primarily is used in Finnish, English and Greenlandic aimed at baby boys, meaning of Ernst is "The Serious, Earnest or The Ernest" is originated from Old High German and Scandinavian. In baby boy names list, celebrated Ernst ranked 411 in year 1885 in United States
- Pim - Of Germanic and Old High German origin, Commonly Accepted Pim is used as a boy name which is chiefly used in Dutch, Pim means "Composition or Helmet"
- Roderik - Boy name Roderik is majorly used in English, Danish and Norwegian that came from Germanic, meaning of Roderik is "Illustrious or Famous Ruler"
- Teunis - Prominent boy name Teunis is dominantly used in Dutch is rooted from Latin. Teunis is Dutch cognate of Antony
Namesakes of Coen
- Coen brothers, are American filmmakers
- Coen de Koning, speed skater and cyclist
- Coen Moulijn, Dutch footballer
- Coen van Vrijberghe de Coningh in Flodder 3 as Actor
- Coen Flink acted in TV series Oppassen!!!
- Coen Hissink, from 1921 adventure movie De zwarte tulp, who characterized Cipier and Gryphus.