Mia meaning and origin
Prevailing unisex name Mia is used majorly in English, Tamil, Finnish, Faroese, Scandinavian, Greenlandic, Danish, Norwegian, German, Swedish and Dutch, Mia means "Beauty, Mine, Bitterness or Who is Loved" is of Hebrew and Latin origin. Mia is form of timeless, biblical and fashinable Maria. Maria is a resultant of Mary. Maria is form of Mirjam in Latin and Greek languages. Also Maria is Greek and Latin form of Mirjam. Origin of Commonly Accepted Maria is in Hebrew language, meaning of Maria is "Sorrowful and Mary". Mia is form of timeless and customary Mina. Mina is form of celebrated Meena. Also Mina is form of Names Ending In -Mina, -Mine, -Miina, -Mína. Mina is derived from jasmine. Mina is a diminutive of names ending in "Mina". Also Mina is a diminutive of "mine". Originated from Japanese, Pashto and Sanskrit, Prevalent Mina, Mina means "Love, Precious Blue Stone and Enamel Work". Mia is variant form of eminent and ever lasting Emilia. Emilia is a feminine form of Emilius. Emilia is Spanish and Italian form of Emilie. Meaning of Emilia is The Word Aemulus Which is of the Meaning Imitating Rivaling, Rivaling and Emulus is of Latin origin. Mia is resulted from Aimee. Aimee is variant form of sacred, enduring and celebrated Amy. Aimee is equivalent of Amata in French language. Also Aimee is Nordic cognate of Aimée. Aimee means Beloved and The Beloved is rooted from Latin and French.. Also Mia is form of Mary in Scandinavian and English languages. Also Mia is form of Michaela in English language. Mia is celebrated on February 20.
Variants of Mia
Maria, Mariam, Mariamne, Mirjam, Miaa, Emilia, Mina, Maarja, Maraike, Mara, Angelamaria, Maite, Emilie, Amilia, Emma, Emiliana, Meena, Mary, Mian, Shamia, Miagrace, Michaela, Maaria, Marielle, Mai, Marea, Adamary, Marigrace, Mikhael, Michael, Chelle, Mikala
View middle names that goes with Mia like Florida, Louise, Jenifer, Raelynn, Gillian, Kay,Names that rhyme with Mia
Popularity of Mia
Mia was among the n extremely popular names in United States. Since emerging in 1933 around 229318 babies have been given the name. When at its peak in 2013, the moniker grabbed the 6th spot and 14871 baby girls were given the name. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 104 years. Moreover, the name has been to the top 10 baby names 10 times Also, Mia was a popular name in England and Wales. Over 55107 babies have been named Mia since 1996. At the peak of its usage in 2018, the moniker grabbed the 6th spot and 3524 baby girls were given the name. However after 23 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but still performing better than most of the names. In addition to that, the given name has been in the top 10 baby names 6 times Also, Mia is a popular in France where over 11516 new-borns have been given the name since 1995. At present at its peak, it ranked 14th when 2253 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Moreover, the given name has been to the top 50 baby names 4 times Also, Mia is a popular in Spain where over 3779 new-borns have been given the name since 2017. When at the peak of its usage in 2019, it ranked 21st when 1378 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Moreover, the given name has been to the top 50 baby names 3 times Also, Mia is a popular name in Italy given to over 10829 babies in 7 years. When at its peak in 2018, the moniker grabbed the 26th spot and 1718 baby girls were given the name. Moreover, the given name has been to the top 50 baby names 7 times
But Mia is a popular baby name in Indonesia where every 1 in 6000 have the name as well as in, Bangladesh, Philippines, Denmark, Belgium, Sweden and Finland. At least, 310000 people globally have carried Mia as their given name according to our findings.
Mia in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Mia?
You can't stand being imprisoned by your feelings for someone. You would rather pretend that you don't have them. If letter A is your capstone in your name, it reveals your challenging nature and ambitious perspective. You always care more about other people's well-being and never find time to check how you are doing. You need to learn how to appreciate your life because no one will do it for you.
Other names similar to Mia
- Emilía - Girl name Emilía came from Latin, meaning of Emilía is "Rivaling or Imitating" is notably used in Icelandic, Swedish and Finnish languages
- Karinah - The rare and modern girl name Karinah means "Pure, Flower and Pretty" has its roots in Latin and Old Greek is specifically used in English. Karinah is a derivative of Karina.
- Scilla - Meaning of Scilla is Antique and The Ancient used for girls and originated from Latin is mostly used in English. Scilla is short version of Priscilla.
- Theobald - Used commonly in Swedish, Latin and German uncustomary, Theobald aimed at boys, Theobald means "God, Brave or Race" is originated from Old High German and Germanic
- Randa means Admirable or Scented is a baby girl name used in Arabic and English is originated from Arabic and Germanic
Namesakes of Mia
- Mia Rosing, Danish fashion model
- Mia Aegerter, Swiss musician, model, and stage and film actor
- Mia Sheard, Canadian pop singer-songwriter
- Mia Bloom, Canadian academic and author and Professor of Communication at Georgia State University
- Mia Slavenska, Croatian-born American prima ballerina
- Mia Brunell, Swedish businesswoman
- Mia Naruse, Japanese voice actress from Tokyo, Japan
- Mia Franzén, Swedish Liberal People's Party politician
- Mia Handshin, Adelaide-based political activist and a former columnist for 'The Advertiser' newspaper
- Mia Hamm, American retired professional soccer player
- Mia St. John, Mia Rosales St
- Mia Farrow, American actress, activist
- Mia X, American rapper, singer-songwriter and actress
- Mia Kirshner, Canadian actress
- Mia Zapata, lead singer for the Seattle punk band The Gits
- Mia Sara, retired American actress
- Mia Audina, former Indonesian badminton player
- Mia Couto, Mozambican writer
- Mia Tyler, American actress, model and fashion designer
- Mia Doi Todd, American singer-songwriter
- Mia Matsumiya, former member of Kayo Dot, Gregor Samsa
- Mia De Vits, Belgian politician
- Mia Korf, American actress
- Mia Martini, Italian singer
- Mia Cox, female singer/songwriter from Newark, New Jersey
- Mia Dyson, Australian singer, songwriter, and guitarist
- Mia Ikumi, Japanese manga artist best
- Mia Murano, Japanese model and actress
- Mia Michaels, American choreographer best known as a judge and for her contemporary choreography on the TV show 'So You Think You Can Dance'
- Mia Gommers, retired Dutch athlete
- Mia Dillon, American actress
- Mia Smith, English actress
- Mia Freedman, Australian journalist
- Mia Riverton, American film actress and producer
- Mia Lyhne, Danish film and television actress
- Mia Rose, English-born singer-songwriter of Portuguese descent
- Mia Phillips in Pizza Party as
- Mia Clarke in The Hermit as Actress
- Mia May in Das wandernde Bild as Actress
- Mia Carla in Sinderella Live as Actress
- Mia Oremovic in Imam dvije mame i dva tate as Actress
- Mia Angel Miller in The Devil's Tomb as Actress
- Mia Angelo in Spicy Teens 9 as Actress
- Mia Sara Nasuha in Sekali lagi as Actress
- Mia Togo in The Running Man as Actress
- Mia Goth Mia Gypsy Mello Da Silva Goth best known for her artistic name Mia Goth, is an actress and British model.
- In 1954 comedy, romance movie, Leena, Mia Backman played Sanni Huurros.
- Mia Benson portrayed central role of Secretary in 1978 flick Man måste ju leva....
- In 1914 drama movie, Todesrauschen, Mia Cordes played N.
- Mia Fothergill characterized central role of Rosie Bennett in 1994 adventure and comedy movie Stanley's Dragon.
- Mia Nygren played leading role of Emmanuelle IV in 1984 drama, romance film Emmanuelle IV.
- In 1921 movie, Die rote Nacht, Mia Pankau characterized Daytons Tochter.
- In 1999, Mia Russo played the role of Malia in flick Auditions.
- In 2000, Mia Taumoepeau played the role of Maryann in comedy flick Hopeless.
- In 2001, Mia Kelly portrayed the role of Sira in drama flick Resin.
- In 2012, Mia Marcus portrayed the role of N in adventure and comedy film BFF.
- Mia Frost played the pivotal role of Laura Clove in 2013 drama and horror film Sadie Clove.
- In 2015, Mia Wasikowska characterized the role of Edith Cushing in drama and fantasy movie Crimson Peak.
- Mia Hunt, from 2006 comedy, drama movie 2 A.M., who played the Ember.
- In 2020 drama flick, Insite, Mia Ehrnrooth characterized Ivy.
- Mia Van De Water, from 2006 fantasy film Hansel & Gretel, who characterized The Witch.
Lists having Mia
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with M
- Girls names beginning with M
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Dutch Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Popular Girl Names in United States (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in England & Wales (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Ireland (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in France (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Italy (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Switzerland (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Netherlands (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Denmark (1992)
- Popular Girl Names in Belgium (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Northern Territory (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Western Australia (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Victoria (2012)
- Popular Girl Names in Victoria (2019)
- Baby Names that mean Beauty
- Baby Names that mean Bitterness
- Baby Names that mean Loved