Evie meaning and origin
Origin of Frequently Used and All time favorite Evie is in Hebrew, Old Greek and Old French languages is used as a gender-neutral name which is commonly used in Norwegian, English, Finnish, Danish and Swedish, meaning of Evie is "Live, Living, The Enlivening or Alive". It is celebrated on September 6.
Variants of Evie
View middle names that goes with Evie like Lizette, Lorna, Angelia, Adeline, Deidre, Tina,Names that rhyme with Evie
Popularity of Evie
a popular name in United States having over 14235 recievers in 155 years of usage. Currently the name is hotter than ever, 1008 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 305th position. Additionally, the moniker has been in the top 500 baby names 35 times Also, Evie was among the popular names in England and Wales. Since emerging in 1996 around 43320 babies have been given the moniker. At the peak of its usage in 2008, 3469 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 10th position. However after 23 years, the name is on free fall on the charts but still going strong on charts. Moreover, the name has been to the top 10 baby names 3 times
Evie is common in Ireland where over 1318 new-borns have been given the name since 2005. At its zenith in 2017, 212 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 24th position. Also, Evie was a common name in New South Wales. Over 2871 babies have been named Evie since 2008. When at the peak of its usage in 2016,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 12 years but it is still going strong. In addition to that, the first name has been in the top 50 baby names 12 times Also, Evie was a common name in Queensland. Over 1651 babies have been named Evie since 2011. At its zenith in 2016,. However after 9 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but it is still going strong. Additionally, the name has been in the top 50 baby names 9 times Also, A common name in Victoria with over 1387 new-borns have been given the name since 2010. At present the name is rising, in 2018, 272 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 11st position. Moreover, the first name has been to the top 50 baby names 7 times
Evie is a familiar baby name in France, it has been in use since 1974 and was able to reach the top 900 names. Recently in 2018, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 842 on girl names chart when 55 babies were named Evie. There are over 660 babies that have been given the name Evie in France. Also, in Netherlands, in just 5 years, it has made it to the top 300 names. Recently in 2018, 68 babies were given Evie and it reached its peak ranking, 202 on girl names chart. Over 301 babies in Netherlands have been named Evie.
Evie is an uncommon baby name in Belgium still in use today. But Evie is a popular baby name in Indonesia where every 1 in 40000 have the name. As per our findings, over 60000 babies have been bestowed Evie around the globe.
Evie in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Evie?
But once they get to know you better, they see that you are nothing like presented. People who have this number as their expression no can be described as free souls that can't be tamed. You should stop hoping that everyone will understand and support you. Follow your gut, not people. You don't depend on anyone's understanding and support. You can become a great leader if you want. The question is how do you want to succeed in life?
Other names liked by would be parents that are similar to Evie
- Nicolasa - Long standing and Anomalous Nicolasa is used particulary in English is of Old Greek origin and a baby girl name, Nicolasa means "Female Version of Nicholas and Victor of the People". Nicolasa is derived from Nicola.
- Jocasta - Offbeat Jocasta is originated from Old Greek bestowed upon baby girls, Jocasta means "Shining Moon or Cheerful" is especially used in English
- Euphroseena - The girl name Euphroseena is of Old Greek origin, Euphroseena means "Joy and Gladness". Euphroseena is derived from Euphrosyne.
- Helia means Inspired By the Eponymous Greek Sun God or The Word Helios with the Meaning Sun used for girls which is used predominantly in Greek has its origin in Old Greek and Greek
- Katarin - Specifically used in Swedish, Danish and Finnish, Katarin means "Dear, Pretty and The Pure" used as a girl name came from Old Greek. Katarin is derivation of Karine.
Namesakes of Evie
- Evie Christie, Canadian poet and author
- Evie Greene, much-photographed English actress and singer
- Evie, contemporary Christian music singer
- Evie Hone, Irish painter and stained glass artist
- Evie Peck, actress and producer
- Evie Tamala, popular Indonesian dangdut singer-songwriter
- Evie Dominikovic, Australian former tennis player
- Evie Sands, American singer, songwriter and musician
- Evie Shapiro in Bands Reunited as Producer
- Evie Hammer in tvMovie Groupidity as Actress
- In 2013 crime and drama movie, The Call, Evie Thompson characterized Leah Templeton.
- Evie A. Armstrong portrayed pivotal role of Lourdes in 2009 crime, drama flick The Boys of Ghost Town.
Lists having Evie
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with E
- Girls names beginning with E
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- French Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Popular Girl Names in England & Wales (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Ireland (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Northern Territory (2015)
- Popular Boy Names in Victoria (2012)
- Popular Girl Names in Victoria (2019)
- Baby Names that mean Live
- Baby Names that mean Living
- Baby Names that mean Enlivening
- Baby Names that mean Alive