Damion name meaning
On This Page
What does Damion mean?
Damion's meaning is Tame or Subdue is used in English has its roots in Old Greek is given to both boys and girls. Damion is variant form of loved and biblical Damian.
Damian is form of The Greek Name Δαμιανος. Meaning of Damian is Conqueror and The Element Daman Meaning to Tame to Subdue to Kill is of Old Greek origin.
How do I pronounce Damion?
You can pronounce the two syllabled name Damion as d(a)-mion.
Variants of DamionNames that rhyme with Damion
How popular is the name Damion?
Damion was a popular name in United States. Over 16228 babies have been named Damion since 1957. When at its peak in 1977, the moniker grabbed the 352nd spot and 579 baby boys were given the name.
However after 66 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. In addition to that, the first name has been in the top 500 baby names 18 times Damion is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, although it has been in use since 1996 but could not make beyond the top 2000.
There are over 192 babies that have been given the name Damion in England and Wales.
Damion is a rare baby name in Ireland and may not be used now. Damion is a common name in Jamaica, Nigeria and England while somewhat familiar name in Trinidad and Tobago, Canada, Australia, South Africa and Guyana.
At least, 10000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our evaluation.
Damion in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Damion
Planning is what keeps your mind in shape. You have a sharp focus and nothing slips your eye. Positive energy adores your spirit. You love people with an attitude but open to discussion and hearing new opinions. You have a positive influence on people but gather their negativity instead of positivity on a daily basis. It drains you. You easily adapt to new environments and want to hang around with new people.
Other names liked by soon-to-be-parents that are similar to Damion
- Eustiss came from Old Greek, meaning of Eustiss is "Well-Built and Stachys" is used as a boy name. Eustiss is resultant of Eustace.
- Fayvel - Fayvels origin is Old Greek is used as a boy name which is predominantly used in Yiddish, meaning of Fayvel is "Pure and Bright". Fayvel is resulted from Faivish.
- Jores - Particulary used in Swedish, Jores is used as a boy name, meaning of Jores is "Worker of the Earth" has origin in Greek
- Macedonio - Unexpected Macedonio came from Old Greek, meaning of Macedonio is "Grows In Stature or He who Triumphs" is a baby boy name
- Halcyon - Odd unisex name Halcyon is originated from Old Greek, meaning of Halcyon is "Kingfisher or The Elements Alkyon Meaning Kingfisher"
Middle names for Damion
These are the trending and popular middle names that we love for the name Damion.
View more middle names that goes with Damion.
Sibling Names for Damion
Choosing an ideal name for your little one can be a daunting task, but with the plethora of options available, you're sure to find one that perfectly suits your child. If you've chosen "Damion" as your baby's name, we've curated a list of sibling names that are just as unique and special. Take a look below for some inspiration!
Sister for Damion
Brother for Damion
Famous people named Damion
- Damion Dietz, American writer and film director
- Damion Barry, sprinter from Trinidad and Tobago
- Damion Easley, former Major League Baseball player
- Damion McIntosh, former American football offensive tackle
- Damion Stewart, Jamaican professional footballer
- Damion James, American professional basketball for Vaqueros de Bayamón of the Baloncesto Superior Nacional
- Damion Stephens in V/H/S as Actor
- Damion Poitier in Jarhead as Actor
- Damion Da Costa acted in movie The Eyes
Lists having Damion
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with D
- Girls names beginning with D
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Boy names that starts with Dam
- Boy names that ends with -ion
- Baby Names that mean Tame