Myra name meaning
What does Myra mean?
Myra means Honey, Beloved, Sweet, Admirable, Butterfly, Divinely Precious or Valued is rooted from English and is especially used in Finnish, Arabic, Norwegian, Hindi, Marathi, Tamil, Danish, English and Swedish is used for both genders. Myra is variant of outstanding and biblical Moira. Moira is English and Irish cognate of Maria. Also Moira is equivalent of Mary in Irish and English languages. Moira is also English equivalent of Maureen. Moira is also English and Irish cognate of Máire. Moira is also Latin cognate of Greek Μοιρα = Fate, Detiny. Moira means The Great, Variant of the Irish Maire from Mary Bitter and Fate is of Celtic and Hebrew origin. Myra is effeminate form of Myron. Myron means Fragrant Oil and Anointing Oil is originated from Greek and Old Greek is used mainly in English and Greek.
How do I pronounce Myra?
One syllabled Myra is pronounced as MY-rah. The pronunciation choose to emphasis on first MY syllable. The name can also be pronounced as m(y)-ra.
Variants of Myra
Maila, Moira, Maria, Mariam, Mariamne, Mirjam, Mary, Maureen, Máire, Maura, Moreen, Mira, MeiraNames that rhyme with Myra
How popular is the name Myra?
a popular name in United States having over 60403 recievers in 148 years of usage. The name is current favorite of the parents, in 1880, the moniker grabbed the 156th spot and 1286 baby girls were given the name. Additionally, the name has been in the top 500 baby names an astonishing 97 times A common name in England and Wales having over 668 recievers in 23 years of usage. When at its peak in 2017, the moniker grabbed the 424th spot and 104 baby girls were given the name.
Myra is an uncommon baby name in France, although it has been in use since 1961 but could not make beyond the top 2000. Over 195 people have been named Myra in France. Also, it is uncommon in Belgium, where it has been in use since 1999 and peaked in 2003 when it ranked 769th. Myra is a rare baby name in Netherlands still in use today. But Myra is a popular baby name in Philippines where every 1 in 2000 have the name as well as in England. According to our evaluation, at least 160000 people have been bestowed Myra around the globe.
Myra in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Myra?
People admire your endless hope that things will get better in the world and your courage to do what others avoid to do. You don't believe much in love. However, deep inside, you secretly wish to find someone who will prove you wrong. You like your freedom and independence. You are all about adventure and travel. You have a sharp focus and highly developed sense of intuition. In order to truly succeed in life, you have to work on your personality first.
Do you like Myra? You would love these names
- Marjam - Marjam's meaning is One who is Merry is used commonly in Danish, Finnish and Norwegian that of Slavonic origin is a girl name
- Ubaidah - Origin of Ubaidah is in Arabic, meaning of Ubaidah is "Servant of God" mostly used in Arabic and Arabic is bestowed upon both genders
- Miska has its origin in Hebrew and Hungarian, Miska means "Sweet or A Little Gem" used for both sexes is used predominantly in Swedish and Danish
- Embyr - New-fangled and Unfamiliar Embyr is originated from English, Embyr means "Burned Coal and To Burn" is given to baby girls. Embyr is derived from Ember.
- Thumamah - Thumamah's meaning is Millet Plant or A Writer or a Poetess is used as a gender-neutral name is substantially used in Arabic and Arabic
Famous people named Myra
- Myra Hindley,
- Myra Hess, British pianist, best
- Myra Shackley, was formerly Professor of Culture Resource Management and Head of the Centre for Tourism and Visitor Management at Nottingham Trent University Business School
- Myra Landau, artist and abstract painter involved
- Myra Soble, together with her husband Jack Soble was tried and jailed for her involvement
- Myra Louise Taylor, was nursing superintendent at St John's General Hospital
- Myra Tanner Weiss, American Communist following Trotskyism
- Myra Bennett, CM, MBE born London, England
- Myra Sidharta, was born in Belitung in 1927
- Myra Barry, former Irish Fine Gael politician
- Myra Marx Ferree, professor of sociology and director of the Center for German and European Studies at the University of Wisconsin–Madison
- Myra Kinch, choreographer and dancer
- Myra Carter, American stage, screen and television actress
- Myra Taylor, British television scriptwriter
- Myra Melford, American avant-garde jazz pianist and composer
- Myra Freeman, Canadian philanthropist, teacher
- Myra De Groot, British-born theatre and television actress and agent
- Myra Bradwell, publisher and political activist
- Myra Frances, British actress
- Myra, American singer
- Myra Hemmings, American actress and teacher
- Myra Keaton, American vaudeville performer and film actress
- Myra English, popular performer and celebrity
- Myra 'Dakota' Bown in Non-Stop as Stunts
- Myra McWethy in Surrender, Dorothy as Actress
- Myra McFadyen in Mamma Mia! as Actress
- Myra Lucretia Taylor in Unfaithful as Actress
- Myranda Jongeling in Karakter as Actress
- Myra Burwell acted in movie Ten Nights in a Barroom
- Myra French, from 1974 film The Holy Assassinn, who portrayed N.
- In 1943, Myra D. Hemmings characterized the role of Mama T. in drama, history movie Marching On!.
- Myra Bazell characterized leading character of Sam in 2004 film Invisible Mountains.
Lists having Myra
- Boys names beginning with M
- Girls names beginning with M
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Arabic Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Marathi Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that ends with -yra
- Baby Names that mean Honey
- Baby Names that mean Beloved
- Baby Names that mean Sweet
- Baby Names that mean Admirable
- Baby Names that mean Aristocratic
- Baby Names that mean Lady
- Baby Names that mean Wonderful
- Baby Names that mean Quiet
- Baby Names that mean Song
- Baby Names that mean Fragrant
- Baby Names that mean Tree
- Baby Names that mean Butterfly
- Baby Names that mean Divinely
- Baby Names that mean Precious