Dorian name meaning
On This Page
What does Dorian mean?
Widely Accepted unisex name Dorian means "Descendant of Dorus, Isis was the Principal Goddess of Ancient Egypt, Dorians or Of the Dorian Tribe" used dominantly in Finnish, English, German, Swedish, Norwegian, French and Danish is originated from English, Latin, Old Greek and Greek languages.
Dorian is shortened form of Theodore. Theodore is form of Theodorus in French and English languages. Theodore's meaning is Gift of God, Divine Gift and God's Gift came from Old Greek.
Dorian is celebrated on November 9th.
Does Dorian sound like a good baby name?
Dorian is a fabulous baby name. It has an air of sophistication, but is still not too pretentious. It's a unique name, which allows your child to stand out and cultivate their own personal identity.
The name comes from the Greek language and it means "gift". It's an excellent choice if you are looking for something with a bit of history without being too overly traditional.
In addition, Dorian can be used for either gender, making it an even better choice for parents who don't know the gender of their unborn child yet. All in all, Dorian is definitely a great option for your beloved little one!
How do I pronounce Dorian?
Two syllabled Dorian is most commonly pronounced as d(o)-rian.
Variants of DorianNames that rhyme with Dorian
How popular is the name Dorian?
Dorian is a popular name in United States given to over 24890 babies in 187 years. At present the moniker is on a rise, in 2000, it ranked 398th when 641 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys.
Moreover, the given name has been to the top 500 baby names 10 times Also, Dorian was a popular name in France. Over 33179 babies have been named Dorian since 1950.
At the peak of its usage in 2002, it ranked 42nd when 2045 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. However after 65 years, the name is on free fall on the charts.
Moreover, the first name has been to the top 50 baby names 6 times
Dorian was a common name in Belgium. Over 2288 babies have been named Dorian since 1995. When at its peak in 2000,.
However after 24 years, the name is on free fall on the charts. Dorian is a familiar baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 600 names.
In 2012, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 549 on boy names chart when 66 babies were named Dorian. Over 685 people have been named Dorian in England and Wales.
Also, in Netherlands, in just 5 years, it has made it to the top 300 names. Recently in 2017, 58 babies were given Dorian and it reached its peak ranking, 272 on boy names chart.
Over 209 babies in Netherlands have been named Dorian.
Dorian is a unique baby name in Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 and was able to reach the top 200 names.
In 2011, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 176 on boy names chart when 48 babies were named Dorian. Over 769 babies in Switzerland have been named Dorian. The given name is an uncommon baby name in Ireland, in use since 2005, peaked in 2010 when it ranked 322nd.
Dorian is a common name in Romania, Colombia, Mexico, Congo, Poland, Brazil, Guatemala and England while somewhat familiar name in South Africa, Venezuela, Honduras, Canada, Spain, Costa Rica, Gabon, Bolivia, Ecuador, Nicaragua, Germany, Wales, Dominican Republic, Peru, Panama, Chile, Croatia, Israel, Australia, Cameroon, Namibia, Moldova, Slovenia, Russia, Italy, Belize, Jamaica, Albania and Malta.
As per our research, over 60000 babies have been bestowed Dorian around the globe.
Dorian in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Dorian
Everyone admires the courage you have to do the things you want in life, and reject everything that's not in your favor. People hate your inconsistency and need for adrenaline every time things get too good to be true. Use your influence to make people do good and become the best versions of themselves. You don't need people to tell you that you are awesome and special because you already know.
You would love these names similar to Dorian
- Jobst - Boy name Jobst has its origin in Latin, meaning of Jobst is "Of Which Arouses His Enmity or Where is My God"
- Antonieta - Atypical Antonieta came from Spanish and Latin, meaning of Antonieta is "That Feeds on Flower" is aimed at girls
- France-annie is originated from Latin and Hebrew, France-annie means "Graceful or Free"
- Lucija - Meaning of Lucija is The Bright or Born At Daybreak used for baby girls and is used majorly in Danish, Swedish and Norwegian has its origin in Latin
- Kristina - Renowned Kristina has its origin in Latin is used as a gender insensitive name, Kristina means "Disciple of Christ, Anointed or Follower of Christ" is largely used in Swedish and Greek
Sibling Names for Dorian
If you are searching for sibling names that match with Dorian, you have come to the right place. Here is a list of amazing sibling names that will complement Dorian’s charm and uniqueness. Whether you are looking for traditional or modern baby names, this list has something for everyone.
Sister for Dorian
For a brother
Famous people named Dorian
- Dorian Baxter, Anglican Archbishop in Newmarket, Ontario, Canada
- Dorian Rudnytsky, American cellist and composer
- Dorian Cooke, poet, MI6 operative
- Dorian Wilson, American conductor and musical director
- Dorian M. Goldfeld, American mathematician
- Dorian Leigh, American model and one of the earliest modelling icons of the fashion industry
- Dorian Yates, English former professional bodybuilder
- Dorian James, male badminton player from South Africa
- Dorian West, former English international rugby union footballer
- Dorian Harewood, American actor and voice-over artist
- Dorian Gregory, American actor most notable for playing Darryl Morris on the television show 'Charmed'
- Dorian Lough, English actor
- Dorian Dervite, French professional footballer
- Dorian Bylykbashi, former Albanian footballer
- Dorian Parker, 36th mayor of Barrie, Ontario
- Dorian Missick, American actor
- Dorian Peña, Filipino-American professional basketball player
- Dorian Corey, American drag queen
- Dorian Boose, American football defensive end
- Dorian, indie rock band from Scotland
- Dorian Scott, Jamaican shot putter
- Dorian Andronic, Romanian former football player
- Dorian Leigh Parker in Anna la bonne as Actress
- Dorianne Pahlavan in Argo as Actress
- Dorian Louis in Whispers on a Road as Actress
- Doriana Sanchez in Dirty Dancing as Actress
- Dorian DeMichele in The Secret Lives of Dentists as Soundtrack
- Dorian Frankel in Superbad as Casting Department
- Dorian Gray in Le notti di Cabiria as Actress
- Dorian Lopinto in One Life to Live as Actress
- Dorian Lambert characterized leading role of Thibaud in 1998 drama flick Je suis vivante et je vous aime.
- Dorian Wayne, from 1967 comedy and crime movie She-Man: A Story of Fixation, who portrayed Dominique Festro and Dominita.
Lists having Dorian
- Boys names beginning with D
- Girls names beginning with D
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- French Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Boy names that ends with -rian
- Girl names that starts with Dor
- Popular Boy Names in France (2009)
- Popular Boy Names in Belgium (2004)
- Baby Names that mean Descendant
- Baby Names that mean Gift
- Baby Names that mean Goddess
- Baby Names that mean Ancient
- Baby Names that mean Female
- Baby Names that mean Rich
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Tribe