Darya name meaning
What does Darya mean?
Meaning of Darya is Sea, River, Possesses a Lot, Wealthy, Rich, Possessor of the Good or Give is used in Russian and Arabic used as a girl name is rooted from Hebrew, Iranian, Latin and Old Persian. Darya is derived from Dara. Dara is variant of acclaimed Daria. Also Dara is variant of noteworthy Darragh. Dara is Latin cognate of The Bulgarian Name Дара. Odd Dara came from Latin and Arabic, meaning of Dara is "Give and Lord". It is celebrated on October 25th.
How do I pronounce Darya?
The most common pronunciation of two syllabled Darya is d(a)-rya. The name can also be pronounced as dar-ya.
Variants of DaryaNames that rhyme with Darya
How popular is the name Darya?
Darya is a unique baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1961 and was able to reach the top 4000 names. In 2007, it ranked 3328th when 50 girls were named Darya. There are over 1071 babies that have been given the name Darya in United States. Darya is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, although it has been in use since 1998 but could not make beyond the top 2000. Over 191 babies in England and Wales have been named Darya. In France, it has been in use since 1998 and peaked in 2016 when it ranked 2542nd. Over 106 people have been named Darya in France. It also recently appeared in Belgium baby girl names chart.
Darya is a rare baby name in Ireland however it is still in use. However things change on global perspective, Darya is extremely popular in Russia where every 1 in 200 have the name. Also the baby name is popular in Syria, Belarus, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Pakistan, Turkmenistan and Tajikistan. As per our estimate, over 1160000 babies have been bestowed Darya around the globe.
Darya in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Darya?
You are courageous but stubborn when convinced you are doing things the right way. Our advice to you "Fake it until you make it." You prefer to take advantage of people, but feel disappointed when someone takes you for granted. People often mistake you for a fool but you always find an indirect way to prove them wrong. You need to open up and allow your closest ones to enter your real world. You don't care about how others see you as long as you are feeling good about yourself.
If you like Darya, you would love these names
- Elyssa - Particulary used in Latin and German noteworthy, Elyssa means "Noble, Nobility or My God has Sworn". It is rooted from Old Greek and Germanic is aimed at girls
- Emelie - Origin of Darling and Conifer Emelie is in Latin, meaning of Emelie is "Imitating or Emulus", used predominantly in Scandinavian and Swedish is given to girls
- Krisztián - Originated from Latin, Krisztián is used specifically in Hungarian, Krisztián means "Christian, Christian Woman or Disciple of Christ" is aimed at boys
- Gemmie - Originated from Latin, Gemmie means "Precious Stone"
- Benny - Famed and Venerable unisex name Benny is originated from Hebrew and Latin, used prevalently in English and Telugu languages, Benny means "Born of the Right Hand, Son of Luck or Son of the Right Hand"
Famous people named Darya
- Darya Pchelnik, female hammer thrower from Belarus
- Darya Pishchalnikova, female discus thrower from Russia
- Darya Dadvar, accomplished Iranian soprano soloist and composer living
- Darya Yugrens in Brat 2 as Actress
- Darya Balabanova in Yulenka as Actress
- Darya Astafeva in Chto tvoryat muzhchiny! as Actress
- Darya Gantura in Kelders as Actress
- Darya Zhuk in Eat the Tourists as Director
- Darya Sagalova in Schastlivy vmeste as Actress
- Darya Ekamasova in Zhila-byla odna baba as Actress
- Darya Zabinski in Smalltown as Actress
- Darya Melnikova in Stalnaya babochka as Actress
- Actor Darya Pogodina, renowned for TV series Politseyskiy s Rublyovki
- Darya Poverennova, from 1994 drama movie Lato milosci, who characterized Sonia.
Lists having Darya
- Girl names beginning with D
- American Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- Hebrew Girl Names
- Latin Girl Names
- Persian Girl Names
- Arabic Girl Names
- Russian Girl Names
- Girl names that starts with Dar
- Baby Names that mean Sea
- Baby Names that mean River
- Baby Names that mean Wealthy
- Baby Names that mean Rich
- Baby Names that mean Possessor
- Baby Names that mean Good