Davie name meaning
What does Davie mean?
Prominent and All time favorite unisex name Davie means "Cherished, Variant of David Beloved or Diminutive of David" used in Danish, Finnish, Swedish and English is originated from Scottish, English and Hebrew languages. Davie is diminutive of David. Also David is Latin form of The Hebrew Name דָּוִד Probably Deriving from Hebrew דוד = Beloved. Of Hebrew origin, Well-Liked and Ceaseless David, David means "Loved By God, Dearly Loved and Beloved One".
How do I pronounce Davie?
Two syllabled Davie is most commonly pronounced as d(a)-vie.Names that rhyme with Davie
How popular is the name Davie?
Davie is a familiar baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1880 and was able to reach the top 800 names. In 1885, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 765 on boy names chart when 63 babies were named Davie. Over 3993 people have been named Davie in United States. Davie is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, even after 21 years of use, it could not make it big. There are over 111 babies that have been given the name Davie in England and Wales.
Davie is a rare baby name in Ireland where it is still in use. But Davie is a popular baby name in Malawi where every 1 in 400 have the name as well as in Zambia. At least, 60000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our findings.
Davie in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Davie?
You are stubborn and self-motivated. Once you put your mind to something, there's no letting go until you get it done. Everyone admires the courage you have to do the things you want in life, and reject everything that's not in your favor. You act protectively around the people you love and people who need help. Although you can't stand in one place for too long, if something catches your attention, you are willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done perfectly.
Looking for a name like Davie? Please go through the following names
- Maribela - Maribela's meaning is Maria and Isabel used for girls is originated from Spanish. Maribela is resulted from Maribel.
- Daniele - Well-Known unisex name Daniele came from Hebrew, Daniele means "God is My Judge" is used in Danish, Finnish and Swedish
- Ruutu - Specifically used in Greenlandic and Finnish, Ruutu is used as a unisex name. Ruutu is Finnish equivalent of Rut. Also Ruutu is form of Ruti in Finnish language. Also Ruutu is form of Rûto in Greenlandic language
- Maïté - The Maïté means "Princess of the Sea" came from Hebrew
- Yael - Majorly used in Hebrew, French and English loved, Yael is used as a unisex name that came from Hebrew and Old English, meaning of Yael is "Capricorn, Mountain Goat or Lord God"
Middle names for Davie
Here is a list of snowballing and sweet middle names that go with the baby name Davie.
View more middle names that goes with Davie.
Sibling Names for Davie
If you've chosen the name Davie for your little one, you might be wondering what to name their siblings. Look no further! Here's a list of names that complement Davie perfectly and will make your family sound harmonious and well-matched.
Sister to Davie
Brother to Davie
Famous people named Davie
- Davie Allan, American guitarist best
- Davie Shaw, Scottish professional football player
- Davie Fulton, officeholder
- Davie Cooper, Scottish professional football player
- Davie Dodds, Scottish former footballer
- Davie Wilson, Scottish former international footballer
- Davie Irons, Scottish former football player and former manager of Gretna 2008
- Davie Weir, English footballer
- Davie Selke is a German footballer who plays as a center forward at the RasenBallsport Leipzig of the German Bundesliga.
- Writer Davie Fairbanks, known for movie The Knot
Lists having Davie
- Boys names beginning with D
- Girls names beginning with D
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Scottish Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Baby Names that mean Beloved