Deirdra name meaning
On This Page
What does Deirdra mean?
Unexpected Deirdra is originated from Celtic is principally used in English is a girl name. Deirdra is form of frequently used Deirdre. Used predominantly in Gaelic, English and Irish unexpected, Deirdre, Deirdre means "King, Raging and Beautiful" is originated from Old Irish and Celtic.
How does Deirdra sound as a baby name?
Deirdra is a beautiful and unique baby girl name that has an Irish origin. It has a melodious sound and is sure to make your little one stand out.
One of the best things about this name is that it is not very common, so your baby girl will have a unique identity. Deirdra also has a beautiful meaning, which is "broken-hearted." Although the meaning may seem sad, it can also be interpreted as someone who deeply feels emotions and loves passionately.
Overall, Deirdra would be a beautiful choice for parents looking for an uncommon yet meaningful name for their baby girl.
How do I pronounce Deirdra?
The proper pronunciation of three syllabled Deirdra is de(i)-rd-ra. deir-dra is another way(s) to say the name.
Variants of DeirdraNames that rhyme with Deirdra
How popular is the name Deirdra?
Deirdra is a familiar baby name in United States, it had been in use since 1944 and was last seen in 2005, during its 57 years of usage, it was able to reach the top 2000 names.
In 1961, it ranked 1501st when 56 girl were named Deirdra. Over 1171 people have been named Deirdra in United States. At least, 1000 people globally have carried Deirdra as their given name according to our evaluation.
What numbers say about Deirdra?
You secretly believe that you are a genius. Once you lay your eyes on someone, that person is yours. In love, you act childish and don't care much about the feelings of your partner because you start relationships without falling in love first. Once you fall in love, everything changes. Having letter A at the end of your name symbolizes your free thinking and an open mind. You love deadlines because they ‘force' you to bring out the best of you in a determined period of time.
Go through the following names similar to Deirdra
- Kenriek - Particulary used in English, Kenriek has origin in Celtic, a baby boy name, meaning of Kenriek is "Royal Ruler"
- Callum - Meaning of Callum is Dove is originated from Latin and Celtic, used mostly in Gaelic and Scottish is given to baby boys
- Melbrigði - The boy name Melbrigði is originated from Celtic is predominantly used in Old Norse language. Melbrigði is Nordic cognate of The Old Irish Name Máel Brigte
- Owen - Meaning of Owen is Born of Yew or Rich or Friend is originated from Welsh and Celtic bestowed upon both sexes is used chiefly in Welsh and Danish
- Kallie - Well-Known girl name Kallie is rooted from Celtic, Sanskrit and Old Irish, Kallie means "Black or Ornament of the Wrist" is prevalently used in Swedish, Hindi and English
Sibling Names for Deirdra
Deirdra is a beautiful and unique name for a baby girl. If you're considering naming your little one Deirdra, you might also want to consider some names for her siblings that complement her name. Here are some great options to get you started:
Sister for Deirdra
Names for Deirdra's brother
Famous people named Deirdra
We could not find any notable namesake.
Lists having Deirdra
- Girl names beginning with D
- American Girl Names
- Celtic Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- Girl names that ends with -dra
- Baby Names that mean Sorrowful
- Baby Names that mean Beautiful
- Baby Names that mean Woman
- Baby Names that mean Ancient
- Baby Names that mean King
- Baby Names that mean Young
- Baby Names that mean Girl