Pauline name meaning
On This Page
What does Pauline mean?
Illustrous and Perennial unisex name Pauline is used chiefly in French, English, Greenlandic, Finnish, Danish, German, Swedish and Norwegian, meaning of Pauline is "Small, The Humble or Weak" is originated from Latin.
Pauline is variation of pious and admired Paula. Paula is version of durable and predominant Paulina. Paula is a feminine variant of Paul. Also Paula is effeminate variation of Paulus. Meaning of Paula is The Small, The Word Paulus Which is of the Meaning Little Humble and Snare, Trap is of Latin and Finnish origin.
Pauline is version of dominant and enduring Paulina. Paulina is version of perpetual and sacred Paula. Paulina is a feminine variant of Paulinus. Also Paulina is effeminate variant of Paul. Meaning of Paulina is Female Version of Paul, The Humble and The Small came from Latin.
Pauline is celebrated on January 11th or 26th.
How do I pronounce Pauline?
The most common way to pronounce three syllabled Pauline is pa(u)-li-ne.
Variants of PaulineNames that rhyme with Pauline
How popular is the name Pauline?
Pauline was among the very popular names in United States. Since emerging in 1880 around 226771 babies have been given the first name. When at the peak of its usage in 1915, the moniker grabbed the 32nd spot and 7222 baby girls were given the name.
After 195 years, the name has past its prime. Moreover, the name has been to the top 50 baby names 21 times Also, Pauline was among the very popular names in France.
Since emerging in 1900 around 156657 babies have been given the first name. At its zenith in 1995, the moniker grabbed the 6th spot and 6091 baby girls were given the name.
However after 119 years, the name is on free fall on the charts but still performing better than most of the names. Moreover, the moniker has been to the top 10 baby names 12 times
A common name in Ireland with over 3745 new-borns have been given the name since 1964.
Presently the name is rising, in 1964, it ranked 12nd when 460 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Also, Pauline was a common name in Belgium. Over 6268 babies have been named Pauline since 1995.
When at the peak of its usage in 1995,. However after 24 years, the name is on free fall on the charts. Also, Pauline was a common name in New South Wales.
Over 1673 babies have been named Pauline since 1952. At its zenith in 1954,. After 14 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts.
Pauline is a familiar baby name in Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 and was able to reach the top 100 names.
In 2000, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 95 on girl names chart when 72 babies were given the name Pauline. There are over 981 babies that have been given the name Pauline in Switzerland.
Also, in Queensland, the name had been in use for 13 years beginning from 1960 and had secured the place in top 100 names. In 1961, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 69 on girl names chart when 57 babies were given the name Pauline.
Over 514 people have been named Pauline in Queensland.
Pauline is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, even after 23 years of use, it could not make it big.
Over 217 babies in England and Wales have been named Pauline. However things change on global perspective, Pauline is extremely popular in DR Congo where every 1 in 300 have the name as well as in, England and Cameroon.
Also the baby name is popular in Kenya, Benin, Canada, Burkina Faso, Zimbabwe, Nigeria, South Africa, Uganda, Rwanda, Australia, Netherlands, Chad, Scotland, Jamaica, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Central African Republic, Germany, Malawi, Guinea, New Zealand, Zambia, Ethiopia, Wales, Ivory Coast, Austria, Malaysia, Tanzania and Sudan.
According to our estimate, over 1330000 babies have been named Pauline globally.
Pauline in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological analysis of Pauline
You need to communicate with people in order to expand your knowledge and widen your perspective. The only way to find happiness is to stop searching for it and let it find you first. You have issues with yourself, is what your soul urge number 9 reveals about your emotional state. You are passionate when it comes to relationships but cool off too easily. Keeping your emotions isn't something you usually do. It only happens when you are not sure if a person is being honest with you or not.
Parents who liked Pauline, loved these names
- Similia - The Similia has its origin in Latin, Similia means "Similar"
- Marillin - The girl name Marillin came from Egyptian and Hebrew, Marillin means "Combination of Mary and Ellen and Wished for Child". Marillin is a derivative of Marilyn.
- Rada - Meaning of Rada is Council or Council has origin in Latin, particulary used in Swedish and Norwegian is used as a baby girl name
- Nessie - Origin of Uncustomary Nessie is in Latin and Scottish, meaning of Nessie is "Lamb or Purity" is used for both boys and girls
- Cambria - Cambria's meaning is Change or Wales is a baby girl name which came from Spanish and Latin is used notably in Spanish and English
Middle names for Pauline
Possible options for a child named Pauline include these prevailing and familiar middle names:
View more middle names that goes with Pauline.
Famous people named Pauline
- Pauline Gedge, Canadian novelist best
- Pauline Oliveros, American composer
- Pauline Julien, singer, songwriter, actress
- Pauline Parker,
- Pauline Polaire,
- Pauline Pantsdown, Australian satirist and Australian Senate candidate
- Pauline Gardiner, former New Zealand Member of Parliament
- Pauline Gregg, British historian
- Pauline Bewick, Irish artist
- Pauline Nyiramasuhuko, Rwandan politician
- Pauline de Rothschild, writer, a fashion designer, and
- Pauline Stainer, English poet
- Pauline Payne Whitney, American heiress and a member of the prominent Whitney family
- Pauline Flanagan, County Sligo-born Irish actress
- Pauline Konga, retired Kenyan long-distance runner
- Pauline Menczer, Australian surfer
- Pauline Reade,
- Pauline Sabin, prohibition repeal leader and Republican party official
- Pauline Roland, French feminist and socialist
- Pauline Marie Armande Craven, French author
- Pauline Tompkins, (March 5, 1918 - November 19, 2004
- Pauline Jacobus, American studio potter from Chicago
- Pauline Melville, Guyanese-born writer and actress of mixed European and Amerindian ancestry
- Pauline Kingi, well-known Māori community leader
- Pauline Brailsford, retired English actress
- Pauline Neura Reilly, Australian author and ornithologist
- Pauline Michel, Canadian novelist, poet, playwright
- Pauline of the Agonizing Heart of Jesus, immigrant from Austria-Hungary to Brazil,
- Pauline Mallinckrodt, German Roman Catholic professed religious and the foundress of the Sisters of Christian Charity
- Pauline Goldsmith, actress, comedian and writer from Belfast
- Pauline Félicité de Mailly, second of the five famous 'de Nesle' sisters
- Pauline Davis, served in the California State Assembly
- Pauline Engel, member of the Sisters of Mercy
- Pauline de Ahna, German operatic soprano and the wife of composer Richard Strauss
- Pauline te Beest, Netherlands cricketer
- Pauline Whittier, American golfer
- Pauline Lucca, prominent operatic soprano
- Pauline Phillips, American advice columnist and radio show host
- Pauline Hanson, Australian politician
- Pauline Viardot, leading nineteenth-century French mezzo-soprano
- Pauline Kael, American film critic
- Pauline Mills McGibbon, (October 21, 1910 – December 14, 2001
- Pauline Cushman, American actress and a spy for the Union Army during the American Civil War
- Pauline Baynes, English illustrator whose work encompassed more than 100 books
- Pauline Collins, English actress of stage, television, and film,
- Pauline McLynn, Irish character actress and author
- Pauline Holdstock, British-Canadian novelist
- Pauline Vanier, PC, CC, DStJ, born Pauline Archer
- Pauline Bonaparte, Italian noblewoman
- Pauline Quirke, English actress,
- Pauline Dyer in Expecting Amish as Actress
- Pauline Black in Funny Man as Actress
- Pauline Farr in The Man Who Knew Too Much as Actress
- Pauline Lau in Saam gaang yi as Actress
- Pauline Carton in The Longest Day as Actress
- Pauline Jacquard in L'Apollonide (Souvenirs de la maison close) as Actress
- Pauline Grace in Different Personalities Clash as Actress
- Pauline Brede in Invasion vom Planeten Schrump as Actress
- Pauline Challoner in Tocata y fuga de Lolita as Actress
- Pauline Munro in Tell Me Lies as Actress
- Pauline Andela acted in movie Quartier Mozart
- Pauline Brunius, from 1930 drama movie Charlotte Löwensköld, who played Beate Ekenstedt.
- In 1914, Pauline Bush played the role of Julie de Mortemar in drama and history movie Richelieu.
- Pauline Chan, from 1994 action, drama flick Jian nu, who portrayed the Mu-Lin.
- Pauline Curley played leading role of Ysail in 1918 action and comedy flick Bound in Morocco.
- Pauline Frederick, from 1928 drama and mystery movie On Trial, who characterized Joan Trask.
- In 1928, Pauline Garon characterized the role of Ruth Montaigne in drama, romance movie The Girl He Didn't Buy.
- Pauline Haddon, from 1940 action and adventure flick The Cowboy from Sundown, who played the Bee Davis.
- Pauline Hubert, from 2016 movie UFE (Unfilmévénement), who portrayed N.
- In 1920, Pauline Johnson characterized the role of Nancy in romance movie The Great Gay Road.
- Pauline Lee characterized minor character of N in 1994 comedy film Ching chun mung lei yan.
- Pauline Lord, from 1934 comedy, drama movie Mrs. Wiggs of the Cabbage Patch, who characterized the Mrs. Wiggs.
- Pauline Minear, from 2017 comedy film I need money, who characterized the Judge.
- In 1924, Pauline Neff portrayed the role of Lady De Bohun in drama movie Let Not Man Put Asunder.
- Pauline Paquette portrayed minor character of Fifine in 1924 drama movie Bluff.
- In 1920, Pauline Peters characterized the role of Mabel Manderson in crime movie Trent's Last Case.
- Pauline Pulliam characterized small character of N in 1919 drama movie Carolyn of the Corners.
- Pauline Rehne portrayed central role of Suzanne Kristiansen in 1982 drama movie Pengene eller livet.
- In 1928 drama film, Povara, Pauline Schweighofer played Mme. G. Stralila.
- In 1926 drama flick, Love's Blindness, Pauline Starke characterized Vanessa Levy.
- In 1953 movie, Alf's Baby, Pauline Stroud portrayed Pamela Weston.
- In 1916 drama flick, Hidden Valley, Pauline Taylor played N.
- In 2006, Pauline Malefane played the role of N in drama flick Son of Man.
- In 2017 adventure and drama movie, Les garçons sauvages, Pauline Lorillard characterized Romuald.
- In 1985 drama, musical movie, Tai Bei shen hua, Pauline Lan characterized N.
- In 1982, Pauline Yuk-Wan Wong played the role of Landlady in action and crime movie Pi li da niu.
- Pauline Grossen, from 2005 drama and fantasy movie Buitenspel, who played Emma.
- In 2013 drama, mystery film, Le passé, Pauline Burlet portrayed Lucie.
Lists having Pauline
- Boys names beginning with P
- Girls names beginning with P
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- French Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Girl names that ends with -line
- Popular Girl Names in United States (1938)
- Popular Girl Names in Ireland (1982)
- Popular Girl Names in France (2017)
- Popular Girl Names in Switzerland (2000)
- Popular Girl Names in Belgium (2017)
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (1966)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (1973)
- Baby Names that mean Small
- Baby Names that mean Humble
- Baby Names that mean Female
- Baby Names that mean Little
- Baby Names that mean Weak