Mila meaning and origin
Mila means People, Dear, Gracious, Love, Expensive, Folk, Loving or Fame is a unisex name, rooted from Latin, Slavonic and Old Slavic is used in English, Tamil, Slavic, Danish, Norwegian, Spanish, Swahili, Polish, Swedish, Finnish, Czech, African and Russian. Mila is abridged form of Ludmilla. Ludmilla is a version of well-known Ludmila. Lofty and Evergreen Ludmilla came from Old Slavic, Slavonic and German, meaning of Ludmilla is "People and Loving". Mila is abridged form of Ludmila. Ludmila is form of noteworthy and pious Ludmilla. Also Ludmila is a version of Ljudmila. Predominant and Evergreen Slavonic and Old Slavic Ludmila, meaning of Ludmila is "People, Gracious and Dear". Mila is effeminate form of Milo. Milo is form of immutable and famed Emil. Also Milo is variant form of persistent and preeminent Miles. Milo is shortened form of EmileMiloslaw. Also Milo is short version of Emilio. Milo is also short form of Emil. Milo is German equivalent of Either. Also Milo is Slavic equivalent of Slavic Names Containing the Name Element Mil. Milo means Solider and Loving is rooted from Slavonic, Latin and Old Slavic. Mila is equivalent of Milana in English language.
Variants of Mila
View middle names that goes with Mila like Francesca, Adeline, Dorsey, Doreen, Camila, Iory,Names that rhyme with Mila
Popularity of Mila
Mila was a very popular name in United States. Over 41382 babies have been given the given name in 123 years. When at its peak in 2018, 8126 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 14th position. However after 123 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Moreover, the moniker has been to the top 50 baby names 3 times Also, Mila is a popular in England and Wales where over 5128 new-borns have been given the name since 1996. Recently at its peak, the moniker grabbed the 49th spot and 1050 baby girls were given the name. Moreover, the moniker has been to the top 50 baby names 1 times Also, Mila was a popular name in France. Over 21671 babies have been named Mila since 1926. At its zenith in 2016, it ranked 6th when 3257 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. However after 43 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but still performing better than most of the names. Moreover, the name has been to the top 10 baby names 3 times
A common name in Switzerland having over 912 recievers in 13 years of usage. At the peak of its usage in 2017, 281 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 11st position. Also, A common name in Sweden with over 552 new-borns have been given the name since 2016. Recently peaking at the charts, 238 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 51st position. Also, Mila is a common name in Belgium given to over 1886 babies in 14 years. When at its peak in 2014, the moniker grabbed the 11st spot and 344 baby girls were given the name. Also, A common name in New South Wales with over 1400 new-borns have been given the name since 2012. Currently the name is rising, in 2019, 232 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 25th position. Also, Mila is common in Queensland where over 715 new-borns have been given the name since 2014. Currently the moniker is on a rise, in 2019, it ranked 24th when 154 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Additionally, the name has been in the top 50 baby names 6 times Also, Mila is common in Victoria where over 1170 new-borns have been given the name since 2012. Recently peaked at the charts, 204 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 20th position. Moreover, the name has been to the top 50 baby names 8 times
Mila is a familiar baby name in Ireland, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 200 names. Recently in 2017, 58 babies were given Mila and it reached its peak ranking, 104 on girl names chart. There are over 196 babies that have been given the name Mila in Ireland. But Mila is a popular baby name in Philippines where every 1 in 2000 have the name as well as in, Indonesia, Russia, India, Uzbekistan, Serbia, Bangladesh and Bosnia and Herzegovina. According to our estimate, at least 270000 people have been bestowed Mila around the globe.
Mila in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological analysis of Mila
You can't stand people without a purpose. The letter A as your capstone represents your passion for greater achievements. It's so hard to find someone who fights for true values and doesn't pretend to be something he's not. If you can buy it with money, it means it's cheap. You are sensitive, humane and compassionate by nature. Open up to new suggestions and ideas. You take things too seriously and it makes you nervous when something doesn't go as planned.
Other names similar to Mila
- Clementine - Cherished and All time favorite girl name Clementine means "Gentleness or The Word Clemens with the Meaning Merciful Gentle" which is used in Norwegian, English and Finnish is originated from Latin language
- Vesty - Unisex name Vesty is originated from Latin is predominantly used in Danish and Swedish. Vesty is Danish cognate of Vesti
- Saynt is originated from Latin, Saynt means "A Holy Man" is a baby boy name. Saynt is resulted from Saint.
- Amedea - Used dominantly in Italian, Amedea is used as a baby girl name and came from Latin, Amedea means "Love of God or Amare Which Means to Love"
- Amatah - Girl name Amatah means "The Beloved, My People and Dearly Loved" is rooted from Latin language. Amatah is resulted from Amy.
Namesakes of Mila
- Mila D. Aguilar, Filipina poet, revolutionary, essayist, teacher
- Mila Schön, Italian fashion designer
- Mila Mulroney, wife of the 18th Prime Minister of Canada
- Mila Kunis, American actress
- Mila del Sol, Filipina actress, entrepreneur and philanthropist
- Mila Rechcigl, Miloslav Rechcigl, Jr
- Mila Mason, American country music artist
- Milada Mladova in The Gay Parisian as Actress
- In 1954 drama and music flick, Koncert, Mila Mosinger portrayed Kucepaziteljica.
- Mila Parély, from 1946 drama and fantasy movie La belle et la bête, who portrayed Félicie.
- In 1922 movie, Pod staroto nebe, Mila Savova played Strina Strahilka.
- In 1951 action, fantasy film, Darna, Mila Nimfa played Narda.
- Mila de la Chapelle, from 1921 film Der Schwur des Peter Hergatz, who portrayed N.
- In 1963, Mila Montañez portrayed the role of N in action, thriller movie Angkan ng Matatapang.
Lists having Mila
- Boys names beginning with M
- Girls names beginning with M
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Slavic Baby Names
- African Baby Names
- Czech Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Polish Baby Names
- Russian Baby Names
- Spanish Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that starts with Mil
- Girl names that ends with -ila
- Popular Girl Names in United States (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in England & Wales (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Ireland (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in France (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Switzerland (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Netherlands (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Belgium (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Victoria (2012)
- Popular Girl Names in Victoria (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Sweden (2018)
- Baby Names that mean People
- Baby Names that mean Dear
- Baby Names that mean Gracious
- Baby Names that mean Love
- Baby Names that mean Expensive
- Baby Names that mean Folk
- Baby Names that mean Loving
- Baby Names that mean Fame