Dana name meaning
What does Dana mean?
Used in Tamil, Greenlandic, Danish, Swedish, English, Finnish, Icelandic, Arabic, Old Norse, Nordic and Norwegian unfading and renowned, Dana means "God is My Judge, Judge, Danish, Give, Intelligent, Another Name for God or Grain" used as a gender-neutral name came from Anglo-Saxon, Hebrew and Old English.. Dana is short form of Yordana. Yordana is variant form of perpetual, biblical and illustrous Jordan. Dana is an effeminate variation of Dan. Dan is variation of acclaimed Dangelo. Also Dan is variation of acclaimed Dante. Dan is also version of biblical, predominant and unfading Daniel. Dan is short of DanielDamian. Also Dan is short version of Danforth. Dan is also shortened form of Daniel. Dan is Swedish and Danish cognate of Danr. Dan means Form of Daniel and Judge and God came from Hebrew, Old English and Latin. Dana is effeminate variation of Danr. It is celebrated on December 11th.
How do I pronounce Dana?
The proper pronunciation of two syllabled Dana is d(a)-na.
Variants of Dana
Daena, Daniela, Danka, Ladana, DanamarieNames that rhyme with Dana
How popular is the name Dana?
Dana was a very popular name in United States. Over 244912 babies have been given the name in 274 years. At the peak of its usage in 1971, the moniker grabbed the 44th spot and 6932 baby girls were given the name. But after 274 years, the name has lost its appeal a bit and is now ranking low. Moreover, the given name has been to the top 50 baby names 1 times Dana is a common name in England and Wales given to over 1601 babies in 29 years. Currently the moniker is on a rise, in 1997, 201 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 210th position. Also, A common name in France with over 2028 new-borns have been given the name since 1955. Presently the moniker is on a rise, in 1999, the moniker grabbed the 311st spot and 156 baby girls were given the name.
Dana is a familiar baby name in Netherlands, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 300 names. Recently in 2019, 53 babies were given Dana and it reached its peak ranking, 260 on girl names chart. Over 238 people have been named Dana in Netherlands. Dana is a unique baby name in Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 and was able to reach the top 200 names. In 2006, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 175 on girl names chart when 39 babies were named Dana. There are over 615 babies that have been given the name Dana in Switzerland. Also, in Belgium, it has been in use since 1995 and was able to reach the top 300 names. In 1995, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 298 on girl names chart when 34 babies were named Dana. Over 319 babies in Belgium have been named Dana.
But Dana is a popular baby name in Kazakhstan where every 1 in 300 have the name as well as in, Czech Republic, Ethiopia, Romania, Nepal, Canada, Indonesia, India, Russia, Slovakia, Egypt, Syria, Germany, Jordan, Sudan and Iran. At least, 790000 people globally have carried Dana as their given name according to our findings.
Dana in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Dana?
Staying true to yourself and realizing your promises is what gives you credibility. You are interested in learning new and exciting things. When it comes to career, you prefer to take the easier road but realize soon that it's not the best way. Change your perspective. People respect you for always serving the ugly truth instead of lies. Share your knowledge and positive energy. It's what you are best at.
Do you like Dana? You would love these names
- Yahyah - Boy name Yahyah is used largely in Hindi and Arabic, meaning of Yahyah is "A Prophet's Name"
- Maria - Hot Sky-scraping and Evergreen unisex name Maria is of Hebrew origin and is particulary used in English and Dutch, Maria means "Bitter or Sea of Sorrow". In 2018, customary name Maria captured 116th position among girl names in United States
- Aasaf - Meaning of Aasaf is Clear or Lined Up is predominantly used in Arabic and Greenlandic is a boy name
- Parisa - Rare girl name Parisa is of Old Persian and Arabic origin, meaning of Parisa is "Angelic or Fairy or Like a Fairy" is especially used in Iranian and Arabic
- Jal - Recent and Offbeat Jal is used majorly in Malayalam and Gujarati, Jal means "Prajvalit or Water". Its origin is in English and Gypsy is used as a baby boy name
Middle names for Dana
These are some of the in vogue and familiar options for Dana middle names.
View more middle names that goes with Dana.
Sibling Names for Dana
Choosing the right name for your newborn can be a challenging task, especially when you have siblings to consider. If you have chosen the name Dana for your baby, then here is a list of sibling names that perfectly complement Dana and make a great match for your growing family.
For a sister
Names for Dana's brother
Famous people named Dana
- Dana W. Bartlett, American Congregationalist minister
- Dana Key, American Christian rock guitarist, singer
- Dana Beal, American social and political activist
- Dana Brown, American surfer and filmmaker
- Dana Fabe, member of the Alaska Supreme Court
- Dana Carleton Munro, American historian
- Dana Rayne, success on the American club scene where she started off as a DJ
- Dana Anderson, former field hockey player from Canada
- Dana Rosenblatt, retired left-handed professional boxer
- Dana Howard, was one of the mid-1950s contactees
- Dana Howard, former reporter at KXTV in Sacramento
- Dana Wilson, American composer, jazz pianist, and teacher
- Dana Hamilton, American hammered dulcimer player
- Dana Olmert, Israeli left wing activist
- Dana Mohler-Faria, former president of Bridgewater State University and a member of the Massachusetts Board of Elementary and Secondary Education
- Dana Lewis, TV News Correspondent based out of London
- Dana Kirk, American college basketball coach
- Dana and Ginger Lamb, were American travel writers
- Dana Spálenská, Czechoslovakian luger
- Dana McCauley, Canadian chef, food writer, food trend tracker
- Dana Adam Shapiro, American film director
- Dana Karl Glover, American trumpet player and music composer for video games
- Dana Scott, emeritus Hillman University Professor of Computer Science
- Dana Randall, professor of theoretical computer science at Georgia Tech
- Dana Rohrabacher, member of the U.S. House of Representatives representing
- Dana Plato, American actress
- Dana Carvey, American stand-up comedian and actor
- Dana Andrews, American film actor and a major Hollywood star during the 1940s
- Dana Rosemary Scallon, Irish singer and former politician
- Dana International, Israeli pop singer
- Dana Snyder, American stand-up comedian, actor, producer
- Dana Zátopková, Czech former javelin thrower
- Dana Stubblefield, former professional American football defensive tackle
- Dana Ellis, Canadian former pole vaulter
- Dana Gioia, American poet and writer
- Dana Delany, American actress, producer, and activist
- Dana Porter, Canadian politician and jurist
- Dana Vollmer, American competition swimmer
- Dana Elcar, American television and film character actor
- Dana Murzyn, Canadian former professional ice hockey defenceman
- Dana Ashbrook, American actor
- Dana A. Dorsey, businessman, banker
- Dana Hill, American actress
- Dana Reeve, American actress, singer
- Dana Lyons, folk music and alternative rock musician
- Dana Simpson, American cartoonist
- Dana Gillespie, Originally performing and recording in her teens
- Dana White, Dana Frederick White Jr
- Dana Barron, American actress
- Dana Bash, American journalist
- Dana Bourgeois, Bourgeois's innovations
- Dana Wortley, Australian politician
Lists having Dana
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with D
- Girls names beginning with D
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Arabic Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Norse Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Boy names that starts with Dan
- Girl names that ends with -ana
- Popular Girl Names in United States (1988)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (1996)
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Judge
- Baby Names that mean Learned
- Baby Names that mean Wise
- Baby Names that mean Old
- Baby Names that mean Mother
- Baby Names that mean Intelligent
- Baby Names that mean Grain