France name meaning
On This Page
What does France mean?
Durable and Offbeat France is used dominantly in English is rooted from Italian and Latin, a gender insensitive name, France means "Free or From France". France is resulted from Françoise. Françoise is French cognate of Francisca.
Originated from Latin and Italian, Odd and Perennial Françoise, Françoise means "Little Frenchwoman and Free Condition". France is an abridged form of Francis. Francis is a derivative of François. Francis is English cognate of Franciscus.
Rarefied and Ever lasting Francis's origin is Latin and Italian, meaning of Francis is "Free Condition, From France and Free". France is celebrated on March 9.
How do I pronounce France?
Two syllabled France is most commonly pronounced as f-ran-ce. The name can also be pronounced as fr(a)-nce.Names that rhyme with France
How popular is the name France?
France is a popular in France where over 29963 new-borns have been given the name since 1900. The name is current favorite of the parents, in 1915, it ranked 36th when 1131 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls.
Moreover, the name has been to the top 50 baby names 2 times France is a unique baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1894 and was able to reach the top 2000 names.
In 1918, it ranked 1094th when 39 boys were named France. Over 1531 people have been named France in United States.
France is an uncommon baby name in Belgium and may not be used now.
But France is a popular baby name in Canada where every 1 in 2000 have the name as well as in, South Africa and Tanzania. At least, 70000 people globally have carried France as their given name according to our research.
France in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about France
Once you distance yourself from everything you know inspiration will walk into your life again. You are stubborn and self-motivated. Start fulfilling your wishes, dreams, and needs before it's too late. You always give the best ideas at work but lack of ideas when it comes to your personal life. To have the letter F as a cornerstone represents your caring nature. You would climb the highest rock if that's necessary to accomplish something you want badly.
Looking for names similar to France? Please go through the following names
- Corey - Cherished Corey majorly is used in Finnish and English is a gender insensitive name. It is rooted from Latin and Old Norse, meaning of Corey is "Hill Hollow or Dweller in or Near a Hollow"
- Graziano - Rare boy name Graziano has origin in Latin, meaning of Graziano is "Gratus, The Element Gratus Meaning Pleasing or Thank You" is used specifically in Italian
- Star - Popular unisex name Star came from Latin and English mostly used in English and Danish languages, meaning of Star is "Star or Stella"
- Vinnie - Majorly used in English and Finnish long standing and loved, Vinnie has origin in Latin, meaning of Vinnie is "Conqueror, Polished Chief or Noble Friend" is used as a gender-neutral name
- Christo - Used in Bulgarian atypical, Christo is used as a boy name has its roots in Old Greek and Latin, Christo means "Belonging to Christ or The Anointed One"
Middle names for France
These loveable and intrepid middle names flows beautifully with the baby name France .
View more middle names that goes with France.
Sibling Names for France
France is a beautiful and unique name for a baby, derived from the country known for its art, cuisine, and culture. If you're looking for sibling names that complement this name, here are some options to consider.
Names for France's sister
For a brother
Famous people named France
- France Antelme, OBE, no
- France Gareau, Canadian athlete
- France Bloch-Sérazin, militant communist
- France Staub, Mauritian ornithologist, herpetologist, botanist
- France Winddance Twine, academic, filmmaker and visual artist from Chicago
- France Gall, French 'yé-yé' singer
- France Prešeren, 19th-century Romantic Slovene poet whose poems have been translated into English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Hungarian, Slovak, Polish, Russian, Ukrainian, Belorussian
- France Chrétien Desmarais, Canadian lawyer and businesswoman
- France Nuyen, French actress, model
- France Bonsant, Canadian politician
- France A. Córdova, American astrophysicist and administrator
- France Joli, Canadian singer
- France Silva, first United States Marine of Mexican-American and Hispanic heritage to receive the Medal of Honor
- France Mabiletsa, Olympic light heavyweight boxer from Botswana
- France Laux, J. Francis "France" Laux Jr
- France Gélinas, politician in Ontario, Canada
- Francesca Omilian in I, Zombie as Actress
- Frances Swaggart in as
- Francesca Messinese in La vita è bella as Actress
- Francesca Berrettini in Egeria as Actress
- Frances O'Farrell in Whatever Happened to Peggy as Actress
- Frances Robinson in Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde as Actress
- Francesca Garigue in Breaking Bad Special as Miscellaneous Crew
- Francesca Neeme in Cumback Pussy 10 Britain's Greatest Bums as Actress
- France Bevk was a Slovenian writer, poet and translator.
- France Anglade is notable for her acting in movie Caroline ch�rie
- France Arnel, from 1982 flick Les petites sauvages, who characterized N.
- France Asselin, from 1962 drama flick Portrait-robot, who characterized N.
- In 1952, France Degand characterized the role of Christiane in comedy film Cet âge est sans pitié.
- In 1935, France Dhélia played the role of Madame Camille in flick Le chant de l'amour.
- In 1994 flick, La traversée de la nuit, France Geoffroy portrayed N.
- France Zobda characterized leading character of Ariane in 1983 comedy movie Adieu foulards.
Lists having France
- Boys names beginning with F
- Girls names beginning with F
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Italian Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Popular Girl Names in France (1945)
- Baby Names that mean Free