Dante name meaning
On This Page
What does Dante mean?
Dante means Endure, Withstand or Enduring Steadfast is used in Italian, Swedish, Finnish, English, Norwegian, Danish, Icelandic and German used for both genders is rooted from Latin. Dante is short of Durante.
Durante is a form of widely accepted Dante. Widely Accepted Durante is originated from Latin, Durante means "Firm and Enduring".
How does Dante feel as a baby name?
Dante as a baby name has an air of uniqueness and timelessness to it. It has an old-world sound, yet has been rising in popularity recently.
It is strong, sophisticated and exotic sounding. For parents who want something out of the ordinary but classic, Dante is a great choice. The name also carries a sense of strength and leadership; it's associated with the Italian poet Dante Alighieri who wrote 'The Divine Comedy'.
As such, it can be seen as a sort of legacy name, giving your child a link to the past while allowing them to carve out their own path in life.
How do I pronounce Dante?
The proper pronunciation of one syllabled Dante is DAHN-tay with emphasis on first DAHN syllable. Some people pronounce it as dahn-tay, d(a)-nte or dan-te.
Variants of DanteNames that rhyme with Dante
How popular is the name Dante?
Dante was a popular name in United States. Over 44378 babies have been given the moniker in 154 years. At the peak of its usage in 1997, it ranked 200th when 1670 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys.
However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 154 years but still going strong on charts. Moreover, the moniker has been to the top 500 baby names 46 times Dante used to be a common name in England and Wales, first appeared in 1996 and over 1741 babies have been given the name in 26 years.
At the peak of its usage in 2006,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 26 years. Also, A common name in Sweden with over 421 new-borns have been given the name since 2007.
When at the peak of its usage in 2007, 150 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 90th position.
Dante is a familiar baby name in Netherlands, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 300 names.
In 2015, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 281 on boy names chart when 57 babies were given the name Dante. Over 224 people have been named Dante in Netherlands.
Dante is a unique baby name in France, it has been in use since 1902 and was able to reach the top 300 names. In 1923, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 278 on boy names chart when 28 babies were named Dante.
Over 962 babies in France have been named Dante. Also, in Belgium, it has been in use since 1995 and was able to reach the top 300 names. In 1998, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 252 on boy names chart when 46 babies were named Dante.
Over 672 people have been named Dante in Belgium.
Dante is an uncommon baby name in Ireland still in use today. In Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 and achieved its top ranking of 448 in 2018.
Over 106 people have been named Dante in Switzerland. However things change on global perspective, Dante is extremely popular in Philippines where every 1 in 900 have the name. Also the baby name is popular in Argentina, Italy, Peru, Mexico and Brazil.
At least, 250000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our estimate.
What numerology tells about Dante?
You are a passionate lover but take people for granted. You never get too obsessed with a person because you know that everything in life is temporary, especially relationships. You never come up with a plan to achieve something but make your way as you go. You don't believe much in love. However, deep inside, you secretly wish to find someone who will prove you wrong. What fulfills your soul is your professional success.
Do you like Dante? Read these names too
- Rosanne - Famed Rosannes origin is Latin and Italian is used notably in Swedish and English, meaning of Rosanne is "Grace, Graceful Rose or Rosa" is given to both sexes
- Christianus is originated from Latin, Christianus means "Follower of Christ" is a baby boy name is chiefly used in Old SwedishDanish and Old Norse
- Mabelene - Unfamiliar Mabelene came from Old French and English is a girl name, meaning of Mabelene is "Who Deserves to Be Loved and Lovable" is used in English. Mabelene is shortened form of Mabel.
- Célie - Meaning of Célie is Blind used for baby girls, used in Swedish and Finnish is originated from Latin
- Liana - Prominent Liana is originated from Old Greek, Latin and French is used mainly in French, English and Swedish given to girls, Liana means "Emulum, Julia or Inspired By the Same Vine"
Middle names for Dante
Just in case, you don't know what to pair with Dante, we've got you covered with these trending and familiar middle names.
View more middle names that goes with Dante.
Sibling Names for Dante
Looking for sibling names for your bundle of joy named Dante? We've got you covered! Check out our list of 20 perfect baby names that pair perfectly with Dante, making it the ultimate sibling duo. Explore these unique and timeless names and find the one that suits your family best.
Sister for Dante
Brother for Dante
Famous people named Dante
- Dante Spencer, American model and comedic actor
- Dante Lauretta, Professor of planetary science and cosmochemistry at the University of Arizona's Lunar and Planetary Laboratory
- Dante Milano, Brazilian poet associated with modernism
- Dante Pazzanese, noted Italian-Brazilian physician and cardiovascular surgeon of São Paulo
- Dante Coccolo, French professional bicycle racer
- Dante Alighieri, major Italian poet of the Late Middle Ages
- Dante Gabriel Rossetti, British poet, illustrator, painter and translator
- Dante Bichette, Alphonse Dante Bichette Sr
- Dante Fascell, served as an American politician
- Dante Washington, retired American soccer striker and currently a TV soccer color analyst
- Dante Hall, former American football return specialist and wide receiver
- Dante Basco, American actor, voice actor and dancer
- Dante Lavelli, American football end
- Dante Booker, former professional American football player
- Dante DeCaro, former guitarist/songwriter of the Canadian band Hot Hot Heat
- Dante Ridgeway, former American football wide receiver
- Dante Wesley, former American football cornerback
- Dante Spinotti, Italian cinematographer and a member of the Board of Governors of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences
- Dante Parkin, South African cricketer
- Dante Ferretti, Italian production designer
- Dante Roberson, American drummer, musical director
- Dante Giacosa, Italian automobile designer and engineer responsible for a range of Italian automobile designs — and for refining the front-wheel drive layout to an industry-standard configuration
- Dante López, football player from Paraguay
- Dante Arthurs,
- Dante Caputo, Argentine academic, diplomat and politician
- Dante Tomaselli, Italian-American horror screenwriter, director
- Dante Marsh, former Canadian football cornerback
- Dante Hughes, former American football cornerback
- Dante Tiñga, Filipino politician and jurist
- Dante Marioni, American glass artist
- Dante Scarnecchia, American football offensive line coach and assistant head coach for the New England Patriots of the National Football League
- Dante Amaral, volleyball biography
- Dante Rosario, former American football tight end
- Dante Jones, former linebacker in the NFL
- Dante, Brazilian professional footballer
- Dante Ponce in Mangga at Bagoong as Actor
- Dante Henderson in The Birdcage as Actor
- Dante Lee Arias in Rapture-Palooza as Actor
- Dante Alexander in Woodland Critter Christmas as Actor
- In 2002 action and biography movie, Lapu-Lapu, Dante Rivero played Magellan.
- In 1989, Dante Alou Badara played the role of Sukey's Father in musical film Boulevards d'Afrique.
- Dante Paletti, from 1918 film Perfido incanto, who portrayed the N.
- In 2002 comedy and drama flick, Kasiping, Dante Balboa characterized Boggs.
- In 1997, Dante Salerno characterized the role of DeNiro Fan in comedy flick Flushed.
- Dante Ciriaci played the main role of N in 1935 flick La capanna dell'amore.
- In 2008 drama film, Melancholia, Dante Perez played Rebel 1.
Lists having Dante
- Boys names beginning with D
- Girls names beginning with D
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Italian Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Boy names that starts with Dan
- Boy names that ends with -nte
- Popular Boy Names in Sweden (2014)
- Baby Names that mean Enduring
- Baby Names that mean Steadfast