Griet meaning and origin
Girl name Griet is of Greek and Old Greek origin which is used specifically in Frisian, Finnish, Danish, Dutch, German and Swedish languages, meaning of Griet is "Pearl". Griet is version of sacred and conifer Marguerite. Marguerite is French and English equivalent of Margaret. Also Marguerite is equivalent of Margarita in French language. Marguerite's meaning is The Pearl is rooted from French and Old Greek. Griet is short version of Margaret. Margaret is form of sacred, conifer and customary Marguerite. Margaret is English cognate of Margareta. Margaret has its origin in Old Greek, Margaret means "Pearl and Name of a Saint". Griet is German cognate of Grit. It is celebrated on November 16.
Variants of Griet
View middle names that goes with Griet like Kyara, Harriette,Names that rhyme with Griet
Popularity of Griet
Griet is an uncommon baby name in Belgium, chances of it being still in use are very slim since it isn't seen since 2003. Griet is a common name in South Africa while somewhat familiar name in Netherlands, Germany and Indonesia. According to our estimate, at least 10000 people have been bestowed Griet around the globe.
Griet in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological analysis of Griet
When it comes to career, you don't play on the safe side but take risks in order to achieve even greater success. People hate you for having the guts to say “NO” to society restriction and rules. You are trustworthy and know how to keep a secret for your friends. You lack adventure. You would always choose to work late instead of partying late and waste your time for nothing. If letter T is the last one in your name, it reveals you like to live fast.
If you like Griet, you would love these names
- Jelena - Atypical Jelena chiefly is used in Finnish and Swedish aimed at baby girls that originated from Old Greek, meaning of Jelena is "The Torch or Shining"
- Thiefaine - Meaning of Thiefaine is Crowning is rooted from Greek is used in Greek
- Hermandeana - The girl name Hermandeana means "Valley, Justified and Judge" is originated from Old Greek language. Hermandeana is derived from dina.
- Edeize - Meaning of Edeize is Son is rooted from Greek
- Ianthe - Curious girl name Ianthe is primarily used in Greek and English, meaning of Ianthe is "Violet Coloured Flower, Iole Which Means Violet or Violet Flower" is originated from Old Greek
Namesakes of Griet
- Griet van Damme in Aanrijding in Moscou as Actress
- Griet De Backer acted in TV series Flikken