Jelena meaning and origin
Especially used in Norwegian, Danish, Swedish, Czech, Russian and Finnish far-out, Jelena means "The Torch or Shining" and a baby girl name is originated from Old Greek. Jelena is variant of durable and popular Helen. Helen is equivalent of Helene in English language. Helen's meaning is Shining Light, Wicker and The Element Helios Meaning Sun is originated from Old Greek and English. Also Jelena is form of Helene in Latin and Russian languages.
Variants of Jelena
Jela, Helen, Helene, Eileen, Elle, Leona, Ilene, Helenmarie, Selene, Eilen, Leni, Leny, Jelah, Jella, Ailee, Eyleen, Alene, Aibhilin, Aveline, Eibhlin, Lanelle, Ella, Lenia, Leonia, Leonarda, Leonida, Ileane, Ileen, Ileana, Selen, Selina, Eilin, Lena
View middle names that goes with Jelena like Maia,Names that rhyme with Jelena
Popularity of Jelena
Jelena is a familiar baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1959 and was able to reach the top 3000 names. Recently in 2017, it ranked 2553rd when 68 girl were named Jelena. Over 1393 babies in United States have been named Jelena. The given name is a unique baby name in Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 and was able to reach the top 200 names. In 1998, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 168 on girl names chart when 45 babies were named Jelena. Over 512 babies in Switzerland have been named Jelena. Also, in Belgium, it has been in use since 1995 and was able to reach the top 400 names. In 2004, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 331 on girl names chart when 28 babies were named Jelena. Over 263 babies in Belgium have been named Jelena.
Jelena is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, its highest ever rank is 1836 (2004) in its 14 years run on England and Wales naming chart. In France, it has been in use since 1971 but could not make beyond the top 1000. Over 433 people have been named Jelena in France. But Jelena is a popular baby name in Serbia where every 1 in 200 have the name as well as in, Latvia, Croatia, Estonia, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Lithuania. At least, 160000 people globally have been given the name as per our evaluation.
Jelena in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Jelena
You are very smart and calculative. You are never bored. Even when you are alone. Instead of letting your past pull you back, travel to your future and focus on making plans on how to realize your goals. Stop trying and focus on yourself only. You are courageous but stubborn when convinced you are doing things the right way. Do what your heart tells you to do. Otherwise, you will end up unhappy. You are hard to figure.
Other names similar to Jelena, for soon-to-be-parents
- Stéphanie - Celebrated Stéphanie is used in Norwegian, Finnish and Danish, Stéphanie means "Crowning, The Crowned or The Crowned" has its roots in Old Greek is used as a baby girl name
- Alala - Unusual and Contemporary Alalas origin is Old Greek is mostly used in Greek is a girl name, meaning of Alala is "Mars Sister War Goddess"
- Katrin - Unusual Katrin is used prevalently in Swedish, Scandinavian and Norwegian, Katrin means "The Pure". It is rooted from Old Greek is used as a baby girl name
- Fenna - Meaning of Fenna is Safety or Protection is of Germanic, Old Greek and German origin given to girls is used substantially in Frisian and Bengali
- Leora - Illustrous and Perennial unisex name Leora is used largely in Hebrew, Gujarati and Kannada which of Old Provençal, Hebrew and Old Greek origin, meaning of Leora is "Light"
Namesakes of Jelena
- Jelena Dimitrijević, Serbian short story writer, novelist, poet, traveller
- Jelena Šubić, member of the Bribir branch of the Šubić noble family
- Jelena Dokic, Australian tennis coach, commentator
- Jelena Kostanić Tošić, retired female professional tennis player
- Jelena Karleuša, Serbian singer, socialite and media personality
- Jelena Glebova, Estonian former competitive figure skater
- Jelena Abbou, figure competitor model and personal trainer
- Jelena Đokić, Serbian actress
- Jelena Veljača, Croatian actress and screenwriter
- Jelena Tomašević, Serbian pop singer of international career famed for her strong vocal performances
- Jelena Muhhina, Estonian former competitive figure skater
- Jelena Rozga, Croatian pop singer
- Jelena Budimir in Girltown as Actress
- Jelena Ilic in Biro za izgubljene stvari as Actress
- Jelena Karleusa in Beovizija as
- Jelena Djordjevic in Parada as Costume Designer
- Jelena Mrdja in Tamo i ovde as Actress
- Jelena Curuvija in Budjenje iz mrtvih as Actress
- Jelena Bozic in Dügün Dernek as Actress
- Jelena Zigon in Promised Woman as Actress
- Jelena Veljaca in Episode #1.12 as Actress
- Jelena Bjelicic is well-known for her acting in movie Potraga za zmajem
- In 2010, Jelena Gavrilovic portrayed the role of Marija in horror and mystery film Srpski film.
- In 2014 comedy, drama flick, A Quintet, Jelena Stupljanin characterized Masha.
- Jelena Mijatovic, from 1997 flick Intiharin el kitabi, who characterized N.