Harris name meaning
What does Harris mean?
Preeminent and Perennial unisex name Harris is majorly used in Tamil, English, Danish, Norwegian, Frisian, Swedish and Finnish, meaning of Harris is "Son of Harry, Army, Man or Tamil Music Director Harris" has origin in English. Harris is form of customary and conifer Harry. Harry is a variant form of illustrous and venerable Henri. Harry is diminutive of Harold. Also Harry is short form of Harald. Harry is also shortened form of Henry. Harry is equivalent of Henry or Heinrich in English language. Also Harry is English cognate of Henri. Harry means Form of Harold and Home Ruler is of Old High German and Germanic origin. Harris is a shortened form of Harrison. Acclaimed and Ever lasting Harrison came from English, meaning of Harrison is "Harry's Son and Son of Harry" is largely used in English.
How do I pronounce Harris?
ha(r)-ris is the most common way to pronounce two syllabled Harris.
Variants of HarrisNames that rhyme with Harris
How popular is the name Harris?
A common name in United States with over 15314 new-borns have been given the name since 1880. When at the peak of its usage in 1889, 245 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 313rd position. Moreover, the given name has been to Also, A common name in England and Wales with over 2730 new-borns have been given the name since 1996. Recently the moniker is on a rise, in 2005, 186 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 264th position.
Harris is an uncommon baby name in Ireland still in use today. Also, it is among the top 800 boy names in France. Over 256 people have been named Harris in France. Harris is a rare baby name in Belgium still in use today. But Harris is a popular baby name in Liberia where every 1 in 600 have the name. At least, 40000 people globally have been given the name as per our evaluation.
What numbers say about Harris?
You are passionate when it comes to relationships but cool off too easily. Don't settle for an ordinary life. Don't be ordinary. You have trust issues and anger management problem that you seem to be handling pretty well. You prefer originality and hard work instead of taking the easier road to success. You encourage people to walk the harder path and fight for what they believe is right. You hate copying others.
You would love these names similar to Harris
- Lorie - The popular unisex name Lorie is of Greek and Latin origin which is mainly used in English, Norwegian and Swedish languages, Lorie means "Laurel or Crowned with Laurel". On baby girl chart, famed Lorie was spotted at 474th position in 1976 in United States
- Malinda - Of Old Greek and English origin, Famed and Ceaseless Malinda means "Mel or The Noble Way" and is aimed at girls is principally used in Greek and English
- Abe - Trendy and Perennial boy name Abe is mostly used in English and Arabic has its origin in Hebrew and Germanic, Abe means "Father of Many or Father of the Amount"
- Marietta - Of Old Greek and Hebrew origin, Customary and Perpetual Marietta is a girl name, Marietta means "Little Bitter or Sea of Sorrow" is used in Norwegian and Danish
- Huey - Of Germanic origin, Well-Liked and Perpetual Huey bestowed upon both genders, Huey means "Bright Mind or Form of Hugh" is predominantly used in English
Famous people named Harris
- Harris Mann, British car designer
- Harris Coggeshall, American tennis player in the 1920s and 1930s
- Harris Nelson, Australian politician and member of the New South Wales Legislative Assembly
- Harris A. Houghton, physician and member of the United States military intelligence community during and shortly after World War I
- Harris Insinger, Alfred Harris Insinger, Jr
- Harris Chueu, former South African footballer and football manager
- Harris Armstrong, American regional modernist architect
- Harris Salleh, sixth Chief Minister of the state of Sabah
- Harris Wulfson, American Jewish composer
- Harris Flanagin, American politician
- Harris Blake, Republican member of the North Carolina General Assembly representing the state's twenty-second Senate district
- Harris Publications, Harris Publications Inc
- Harris Wofford, Harris Llewellyn Wofford Jr
- Harris Allan, Canadian actor and recording artist
- Harris Yulin, American actor
- Harris Barton, fund manager and a former All-Pro American football offensive lineman
- Harris W. Fawell, delegate to the Republican National Convention
- Harris Jayaraj, Indian Tamil film composer from Chennai
- Harris McDowell, Harris Brown McDowell Jr
- Harris Faulkner,
- Harris Hull, brigadier general in the United States Air Force
- Harris Hartz, United States Circuit Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- Harris Whitbeck, is CNN's International Correspondent based
- Harris Savides, American cinematographer
- Harris Jacob Bixler, Republican member of the U.S. House of Representatives
- Harris Ellsworth, Republican U.S. congressman from Oregon
- Harris, German rapper from Berlin Kreuzberg
- Harris M. Plaisted, attorney, politician
- Harris Newman, mastering engineer working out of Grey Market Mastering
- Harris George Rogers, farmer and a soldier
- Harris Newmark, Prussian-American businessman, philanthropist
- Harris Laning, prominent officer in the United States Navy
- Harris Anders in movie She-Man: A Story of Fixation as Writer
- In 1918, Harris Gordon portrayed the role of Gen. John J. Pershing as a youth in biography, drama movie Why America Will Win.
Lists having Harris
- Boys names beginning with H
- Girls names beginning with H
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Boy names that starts with Har
- Boy names that ends with -ris
- Baby Names that mean Son
- Baby Names that mean Army
- Baby Names that mean Man
- Baby Names that mean Music