Marietta name meaning
What does Marietta mean?
Renowned and Enduring Marietta is originated from Old Greek and Hebrew is used in Norwegian, Swedish, Danish, English, Finnish and Italian, Marietta means "Beloved, Sea of Bitterness, Rebelliousness, Wished for Child, Sea of Sorrow, Little Bitter, Form of Mary or Princess of the Sea" is given to girls. Marietta is derivative of Marie. Marie is variation of biblical, noteworthy and perpetual Maria. Marie is French, German and English form of Mary. Also Marie is Danish and Norwegian form of Maria. Meaning of Marie is Bitter and Star of the Sea came from Hebrew. Marietta is short of Maria. Maria is derived from Mary. Maria is Latin and Greek cognate of Mirjam. Also Maria is equivalent of Mirjam in Greek and Latin languages. Pleasing and Enduring Hebrew Maria, meaning of Maria is "Mary, Godsend Or: the Fertile and Sorrowful". Marietta is equivalent of Mairead in Scottish language. Also Marietta is equivalent of Margaret in Scottish language.. Also Marietta is English, Italian and French equivalent of Mary. It is celebrated on July 6.
How do I pronounce Marietta?
You can pronounce the three syllabled name Marietta as m(a)-rietta. mari(et)-ta or mare-ee-ehtta are another way(s) to say the name.
Variants of Marietta
Maria, Mariam, Mariamne, Mirjam, Marrietta, Mairead, Margaret, Marie, Mary, Mairéad, Marguerite, Margareta, Grieta, Margaux, Mamie, Tita, Margueritte, Annemargaret, Maarja, Maraike, Mara, Angelamaria, Maite, Marea, Aaliyahmarie, Marieanna, Maaria, Marielle, Mai, Adamary, Marigrace
How popular is the name Marietta?
Marietta was a common name in United States. Over 14804 babies have been named Marietta since 1880. When at the peak of its usage in 1880,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 139 years. In addition to that, the first name has been in Marietta is a unique baby name in France, it had been in use since 1900 and was last seen in 1998, during its 71 years of usage, it was able to reach the top 600 names. In 1956, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 516 on girl names chart when 31 babies were named Marietta. Over 743 people have been named Marietta in France.
Marietta is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales where it is still in use. But Marietta is a popular baby name in Philippines where every 1 in 3000 have the name as well as in Germany. At least, 90000 people globally have been given the name as per our findings.
Marietta in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Marietta
If you want to play with the big players, act like one. Be more flexible and less stubborn. If letter A is your capstone in your name, you are romantic by nature. However, you are also interested in action. Pay more attention to your overall well-being. In order to do something unprecedented, you have to refocus from what's not important such as gossip, partying and messing around to what's really important and that's your dreams and expanding your knowledge.
Do you like Marietta? Other names you would love
- Nereida - Origin of Illustrous Nereida is in Old Greek, meaning of Nereida is "The Word Nereis with the Meaning Sea Nymph" is bestowed upon both sexes
- Doanna - Of Old Greek and English origin, Doanna is used majorly in English and a girl name, Doanna means "Grace or American Compound of Dorothy or Anna"
- Margrith predominantly is used in Danish and Swedish is originated from Old Greek, meaning of Margrith is "The Pearl" is a girl name
- Cosmea - The Cosmea is used dominantly in Greek, Cosmea means "Flower Name or Jewellery Basket"
- Effie - Specifically used in Danish and Norwegian persistent and frequently used, Effie is used as a gender insensitive name has its roots in Old Greek, Old English and Hebrew, meaning of Effie is "Sweet Spoken, Of Fair Fame or Well Spoken"
Famous people named Marietta
- Marietta Alboni, renowned Italian contralto opera singer
- Marietta Voge, noted parasitologist
- Marietta Johnson, educational reformer and Georgist
- Marietta Stow, American politician and women's rights activist
- Marietta Žigalová, former professional Slovak female fitness competitor
- Marietta Marich, American actress, singer, writer, stage director
- Marietta de Pourbaix-Lundin, Swedish politician of the Moderate Party
- Marietta Robusti, Venetian painter of the Renaissance period
- Marietta Roberts, former politician in Ontario, Canada
- Marietta Holley, American humorist
- Marietta Giannakou, Greek politician, member of New Democracy
- Marietta Chrousala, Greek model
- Marietta Blau, Austrian physicist
- Marietta Farrell, Irish politician
- Marietta Peabody Tree, American socialite and political supporter,
- Marietta Shaginyan, Soviet writer and activist of Armenian descent
- Marietta Tsigal-Polishchuk in Obitaemyy ostrov as Actress
- Marietta Slomka in Episode dated 12 May 2012 as
- Marietta Canty in Rebel Without a Cause as Actress
- Marietta DePrima in Power Play as Actress
- Marietta von Hausswolff von Baumgarten is credited as writer of movie Festival
- In 1916 crime, drama movie, London's Enemies, Marietta De Leyse characterized Zareda.
- Marietta Millner, from 1927 adventure flick Die Insel der verbotenen Küsse, who played the N.
- In 1985 movie, Anche lei fumava il sigaro..., Marietta Méhes portrayed Brambilla.
- In 1920, Marietta Weber characterized the role of N In movie Doktor Ruhland.
Lists having Marietta
- Biblical Girl Names
- Girl names beginning with M
- American Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- Greek Girl Names
- Hebrew Girl Names
- Danish Girl Names
- Finnish Girl Names
- Italian Girl Names
- Norwegian Girl Names
- Swedish Girl Names
- Girl names that starts with Mari
- Girl names that ends with -etta
- Baby Names that mean Beloved
- Baby Names that mean Sea
- Baby Names that mean Bitterness
- Baby Names that mean Rebelliousness
- Baby Names that mean Wished
- Baby Names that mean Child
- Baby Names that mean Sorrow
- Baby Names that mean Little
- Baby Names that mean Bitter
- Baby Names that mean Mary
- Baby Names that mean Princess