Irma meaning and origin
The popular and perennial unisex name Irma is used in Marathi, French, Norwegian, Sanskrit, Danish, Hindi, Faroese, Icelandic, Finnish, Indian, Swedish, English, Spanish, German and Italian, Irma means "Constant Movement, Moves Constantly, Whole, Warrior, Entire, Huge, Great or Large" is rooted from Germanic and Old High German. Irma is form of eternal and customary Erma. Erma is form of Old High German Names Containing the Name Element Irm. Erma is short form of names with "Er". Also Erma is shortened form of Ermine. Erma is German equivalent of Irma. Widely Accepted and All time favorite Erma has its origin in German and Germanic languages, Erma means "Immense, Great and Universal".. Irma is an abridged form of Irmingard. Also Irmingard is another transcription of IRM;GERD. Illustrous and Venerable Irmingard's origin is Germanic and Old High German, meaning of Irmingard is "Large and Irmin Meaning Whole Immense Universal + Ermen Whole Immense Universal + Gard Fence Enclosure Protection".. It is celebrated on July 9th.
Variants of Irma
View middle names that goes with Irma like Lorrie, Virl, Emil, Jon, Yian, Olee,Names that rhyme with Irma
Popularity of Irma
Irma was a popular name in United States. Over 73580 babies have been named Irma since 1880. At its zenith in 1911, 1393 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 137th position. However after 180 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Moreover, the given name has been to the top 500 baby names an astonishing 97 times Irma used to be a common name in France, first appeared in 1900 and over 12976 babies have been given the name in 119 years. At the peak of its usage in 1901,. However after 119 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Also, In Sweden, Irma was once a common name since emerging in 2007 it has been given to over 110 babies. At the peak of its usage in 2007,. After 1 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts.
Irma is an uncommon baby name in still in use in England and Wales. Irma is a rare baby name in Sweden and may not be used now. There are over 110 babies that have been given the name Irma in Sweden. However things change on global perspective, Irma is extremely popular in Mexico where every 1 in 400 have the name as well as in, Indonesia and Argentina. Also the baby name is popular in Guatemala, Germany, Peru, Brazil, Colombia, Chile, Venezuela, Puerto Rico, Honduras, Ecuador, Cuba, El Salvador, Georgia, Bolivia, Paraguay, Philippines, Uruguay, Nicaragua and Hungary. According to our estimate, over 1490000 babies have been named Irma globally.
Irma in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological analysis of Irma
You want an extraordinary life. And by focusing on something other than material will get you one. You appreciate freedom and like to hang around open-minded people without prejudgments about others. Nothing can change your mind about something if you truly believe you are the one that's right. When it comes to romance, you prefer to stay single and don't obsess over stupid things such as cheating, jealousy, lack of freedom and all those relationship stuff.
Looking for a name like Irma? Please go through the following names
- Sahrudee - Girl name Sahrudee is dominantly used in Tamil and Hindi, meaning of Sahrudee is "Kind Hearted"
- Parthadhwajagrasamvasine - Particulary used in Malayalam, Telugu and Tamil, Parthadhwajagrasamvasine means "Having Principal Place on Arjunas Flag" is used as a baby boy name
- Dhanunjay - Notably used in Tamil, Oriya and Kannada, Dhanunjay means "One of the Names of Arjuna" is used for baby boys
- Kumudavathi means Another Name of the City Ujjain aimed at baby girls is primarily used in Kannada, Gujarati and Marathi
- Bhuvika - Substantially used in Tamil, Hindi and Kannada new-fangled and unexpected, Bhuvika means "Heaven" is used for girls
Namesakes of Irma
- Irma Brandeis, American scholar of Dante Alighieri
- Irma Capece Minutolo, Italian former opera singer
- Irma S. Raker, American lawyer and jurist from Rockville
- Irma von Cube, German-American screenwriter
- Irma Baltuttis, German singer and entertainer based in Leipzig
- Irma Wyman, early computer engineer and the first woman to become vice president of Honeywell
- Irma Carmona, Latin American voice actress and the Mexican voice of Sailor Neptune
- Irma Goldberg, was one of the first female organic chemists to have and sustain a successful career
- Irma Grese, 'SS' guard at the Nazi concentration camps of Ravensbrück and Auschwitz
- Irma Serrano, Mexican folk-singer, songwriter, actress
- Irma S. Rombauer, American cookbook author, best
- Irma Thomas, American singer from New Orleans
- Irma Flaquer, Guatemalan psychologist and reporter
- Irma Anderson, elected mayor of the city of Richmond, California
- Irma P. Hall, American actress
- Irma Johansson, former Swedish cross-country skier
- Irma Rangel, attorney and Democratic state legislator based
- Irma Boom, Dutch graphic designer—who specializes
- Irma Schultz Keller, Swedish actress and pop singer
- Irma Córdoba, Argentine film actress of the classic era
- Irma Adelman, Romanian-American economist
- Irma Clark-Coleman, politician from the U.S. state of Michigan
- Irma Heijting-Schuhmacher, She also won two gold and two silver medals at the 1947 and 1950 European Championships
- Irma Stern, major South African artist
- Irma Lozano in Sangre derramada as Actress
- Irma Alegre in Diligin ng suka ang uhaw na lumpia as Actress
- Irmak Canpolat in Happy Potter: A Fan Movie for UCLA as Actress
- Irmari Steyl-Basson in Lost Wilderness as Actress
- Irma Wilson in Young as You Feel as Actress
- Irma Ribeiro in Episode #8.241 as Actress
- Irma von Platen in Cirkeln as Actress
- Irma Vila Armida Rojo Gamboa, known artistically as Irma Vila, was a Mexican singer and actress.
- Irma Achten is credited as writer of tvMovie Rigoletto
- Irma Bárdyová, from 1977 drama movie Keby som mal dievca, who portrayed Lady.
- In 1961, Irma Carlón played the role of Amalia de la Torre in crime and drama flick Juego diabólico.
- Irma Christenson, from 1944 drama, war movie Den osynliga muren, who played the Marie de Troy.
- In 1989 film, Amar y vivir, Irma Cristancho characterized Otilia.
- Irma Harrison, from 1921 flick The Daughter of Devil Dan, who played N.
- In 1991, Irma Junnilainen played the role of Lotta in flick Viiva Vinita.
- Irma Leoni, from 1923 drama movie Gamla gatans karneval, who characterized the N.
- Irma Olivero, from 1977 drama flick Compagne nude, who characterized N.
- Irma Patkós portrayed central role of Kegyelmes Asszony in 1976 drama flick Herkulesfürdöi emlék.
- Irma Seikkula, from 1937 comedy, romance movie Juurakon Hulda, who portrayed Hulda Juurakko.
- In 1954 crime and drama movie, Los Fernández de Peralvillo, Irma Torres portrayed Raquel.
- In 1966 drama movie, Onde a Terra Começa, Irma Álvarez portrayed N.
- Irma Adlawan portrayed central role of Janet in 2013 drama, family film Transit.
- Irma Denás, from 1949 comedy, drama movie Todo un héroe, who portrayed the N.
- Irma Polak characterized key role of N in 1917 comedy movie Brcko u Zagrebu.
- In 1991 comedy movie, Las travesuras del diablo, Irma Portillo characterized N.
- Irma Domínguez, from 1921 drama film De raza azteca, who played N.
- In 1990, Irma Cosio played the role of N in thriller flick Reto a la muerte.
- In 2019, Irma Vitovska characterized the role of N in comedy, drama flick My Thoughts Are Silent.
- In 1920 history film, Il Sacco di Roma, Irma Julians played N.
- Irma Maury characterized central character of N in 2017 horror film Nasca Yuukai.
Lists having Irma
- Boys names beginning with I
- Girls names beginning with I
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- French Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Sanskrit Baby Names
- Marathi Baby Names
- Italian Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Spanish Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular Girl Names in France (1911)
- Popular Girl Names in Sweden (2008)
- Baby Names that mean Nature
- Baby Names that mean Wind
- Baby Names that mean Universal
- Baby Names that mean Constant
- Baby Names that mean Whole
- Baby Names that mean Warrior
- Baby Names that mean Entire
- Baby Names that mean Great
- Baby Names that mean Large