Holm meaning and origin
English, Old Norse and Middle name Holm is majorly used in Danish, Norwegian, Scandinavian, Finnish, Swedish and English, meaning of Holm is "Island or Islanders" is used for baby boys. Holm is variation of persistent and loved Holmes. Substantially used in English, Holmes, meaning of Holmes is "From the River Island and Dweller near a Holly Tree from a River Island" has origin in Middle and English. Holm is Danish and Swedish form of Holmr.
Variants of HolmNames that rhyme with Holm
Popularity of Holm
Holm is a common baby name in Germany. At least, 2000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our research, concentrated mainly in Europe.
Holm in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Holm?
You need to start looking out for yourself more. Find out what drives you. You are a walking inspiration with an amazing aura. You are a daydreamer who can spend hours of wandering your imaginative world. You are the inspirational voice that your friends and family admire and are proud of. You are a creative person with a lot of ideas on your mind. Pick the most optimistic and hopeful one, and put it to work.
Go through the following names similar to Holm
- Berend - Dominantly used in Finnish and Danish recent and unexpected choice, Berend means "Bärenstarke" used as a boy name came from Germanic
- Thoralf means Thunder God, Elf or Thunder is of Old Norse origin, used in Scandinavian, Swedish and Danish is used generally as a baby boy name
- Paal - Of Gypsy and English origin, Unwonted Paal means "Guardian" and is specifically used in Kannada and Sanskrit is used as a baby boy name
- Cajetan - Cajetan's meaning is From Caieta or A Native of Gaeta is a baby boy name, notably used in Swedish and English has origin in Latin
- Kata means Name of a Sage or The Pure is substantially used in Swedish, Danish and Sanskrit and is aimed at both sexes has origin in Hungarian and Japanese
Namesakes of Holm
- Holm O. Bursum, politician from the U.S. state of New Mexico