Jewel name meaning
On This Page
What does Jewel mean?
Originated from English, Famous and Perpetual Jewel bestowed upon both boys and girls, Jewel means "Jayanta, Lord Vishnu, Rare Excellence, Precious Stone, A Gem, Play Thing, Delight, Jewel or Joy" is predominantly used in English and Hindi.
Could Jewel be an appropriate name for your new bundle of joy?
Jewel is a beautiful and unique girl name that could be an appropriate choice for your new bundle of joy.
With its French origin, the name means precious stone, which represents the value and beauty of your baby girl. It's a great way to give her a sense of grace and elegance from the very beginning.
The name Jewel also has a spiritual significance as diamonds are considered precious stones associated with purity and clarity. It's easy to pronounce, spell and remember, making it an excellent option for parents seeking an uncommon but not too outlandish name for their daughter.
Overall, Jewel is a lovely girl name that would make your newborn even more special!
How do I pronounce Jewel?
Two syllabled Jewel is pronounced as je-wel.
Variants of JewelNames that rhyme with Jewel
How popular is the name Jewel?
Jewel was a popular name in United States. Over 45192 babies have been named Jewel since 1880. At its zenith in 1904, the moniker grabbed the 198th spot and 826 baby girls were given the name.
However after 271 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. In addition to that, the first name has been in the top 500 baby names an astonishing 73 times Jewel is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, although it has been in use since 1996 but could not make beyond the top 2000.
Over 218 babies in England and Wales have been named Jewel. Also, it appeared first time in 2011 on baby girl names list of Ireland. During its 22 years of usage in France, it had made up to just the top 3000 girl names.
But Jewel is a popular baby name in Bangladesh where every 1 in 2000 have the name. At least, 130000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our findings.
Jewel in Nordic countries
What numbers say about Jewel?
You should stop hoping that everyone will understand and support you. Sometimes, you act like a control freak. Understand that you were born alone, and not with your partner in hand. You made everyone proud in your life, even if no one acknowledges your efforts and hard work to be the best person you can possibly be. You prefer to handle things alone. This reflects your self-confidence and self-reliance.
Do you like Jewel? You would love these names
- Rex - Particulary used in Norwegian, Danish and Finnish unfading and illustrous, Rex means "Rule, Advice or King", a gender-neutral name has origin in Latin. In 1980, preeminent name Rex managed to bag 488th position on baby boy names chart in United States
- Garland - Illustrous and Conifer Garlands origin is English and Old French, meaning of Garland is "Crowned in Victory Wreath, Prize or Ornamental Elements.", used predominantly in English is given to both boys and girls
- Norris - Used principally in Swedish, Finnish and English durable and commonly accepted, Norris has its origin in Germanic is a unisex name, Norris means "Northman Norseman Norman Viking Northerner, Nurse or Northerner"
- Rhett - Rhett's meaning is Enthusiastic, Stream or Rhys came from Scandinavian and Welsh, mainly used in English is given to both sexes
- Harlow - Preeminent and Ceaseless Harlows origin is Old English is used principally in English, meaning of Harlow is "Mound, Army or From the Hare's Hill" is a gender-neutral name
Middle names for Jewel
Just in case, you don't know what to pair with Jewel, we've got you covered with these celebrated and endearing middle names.
View more middle names that goes with Jewel.
Famous people named Jewel
- Jewel McGowan, is best known as a dancer of Lindy Hop
- Jewel, American singer-songwriter, musician, producer
- Jewel Staite, Canadian actress
- Jewel Ens, American infielder
- Jewel Aich, Bangladeshi magician and bansuri player
- Jewel Taylor, Liberian politician and the current Vice President of Liberia
- Jewel Mische, former Filipina model and actress
- Jewel Akens, American singer and record producer
- Jewel Newlander Hubbard in Hook as Actress
- Jewel Affair in North Pole #52 as Actress
- Jewel Carmen was a film actress of American nationality, active during the time of silent films.
- Jewel Brimage acted in tvMovie We're Fighting Back
- In 2000 action movie, Lui fei foo, Jewel Lee characterized N.
Lists having Jewel
- Boys names beginning with J
- Girls names beginning with J
- English Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Baby Names that mean Lord
- Baby Names that mean Vishnu
- Baby Names that mean Excellence
- Baby Names that mean Precious
- Baby Names that mean Stone
- Baby Names that mean Gem
- Baby Names that mean Play
- Baby Names that mean Delight
- Baby Names that mean Jewel
- Baby Names that mean Joy