Oliver name meaning
On This Page
What does Oliver mean?
Predominantly used in Greenlandic, Swedish, Icelandic, Norwegian, English, German, Finnish and Danish durable and preeminent, Oliver aimed at both sexes, meaning of Oliver is "Olive Tree, Elf Army, Elf, Elf Warrior or Olive" is originated from Germanic, French, Old High German, Latin and Old Norse.
Oliver is English equivalent of The Norman French Name Olivier of Uncertain Origin. Oliver is English equivalent of Meaning. The name is celebrated on July 12th.
How do I pronounce Oliver?
The three syllabled name Oliver is commonly pronounced as ah-liv-er. awl-ih-vur is another way(s) to say the name.
Variants of Oliver
Nicknames for Oliver
You can playfully shorten the name Oliver with these possibleNames that rhyme with Oliver
How popular is the name Oliver?
Oliver is an extremely popular in United States where over 166820 new-borns have been given the name since 1880. Presently at its peak, the moniker grabbed the 5th spot and 13389 baby boys were given the name.
Moreover, the given name has been to the top 5 baby names 1 times Also, Oliver was a very popular name in England and Wales. Over 133134 babies have been named Oliver since 1996.
At the peak of its usage in 2009, the moniker grabbed the 1st spot and 8427 baby boys were given the name. However after 23 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but still going strong on charts.
Additionally, the given name has been in the top 5 baby names 14 times Also, Oliver is a popular in Ireland where over 5218 new-borns have been given the name since 1964.
Recently the moniker is on a rise, in 1975, it ranked 14th when 537 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. Moreover, the given name has been to the top 50 baby names 9 times Also, a popular name in Spain with over 7770 new-borns have been given the name since 2010.
At its zenith in 2019, it ranked 22nd when 1356 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. Moreover, the given name has been to the top 50 baby names 4 times Also, Oliver is a popular in Denmark where over 16394 new-borns have been given the name since 1993.
When at its peak in 2008, 947 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 2nd position. Additionally, the given name has been in the top 5 baby names 9 times Also, Oliver was a popular name in Sweden.
Over 8823 babies have been given the given name in 13 years. When at the peak of its usage in 2011, it ranked 6th when 810 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys.
After 13 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts. Moreover, the given name has been to the top 10 baby names 3 times Also, Oliver was a popular name in New South Wales.
Over 11258 babies have been given the moniker in 31 years. When at its peak in 2014, the moniker grabbed the 1st spot and 718 baby boys were given the name.
However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 31 years but still going strong on charts. Additionally, the first name has been in the top 5 baby names 9 times Also, a popular name in Queensland having over 6934 recievers in 24 years of usage.
At the peak of its usage in 2013, 541 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 1st position. Additionally, the name has been in the top 5 baby names 8 times Also, Oliver was among the popular names in Victoria.
Since emerging in 2008 around 5737 babies have been given the first name. When at its peak in 2014, 537 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 1st position.
However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 12 years but still going strong on charts. Additionally, the first name has been in the top 5 baby names 11 times
Oliver is common in France where over 1652 new-borns have been given the name since 1961.
Recently the moniker is on a rise, in 2016, 108 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 497th position. Also, Oliver is common in Switzerland where over 2166 new-borns have been given the name since 1998.
At present the moniker is on a rise, in 1998, it ranked 57th when 128 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. Also, A common name in Netherlands with over 765 new-borns have been given the name since 2015.
At the peak of its usage in 2019, it ranked 75th when 210 parents chose the moniker for their baby boys. Also, A common name in Belgium having over 972 recievers in 24 years of usage.
When at its peak in 2017, the moniker grabbed the 87th spot and 122 baby boys were given the name. Also, Oliver is a common name in Western Australia given to over 2610 babies in 12 years.
When at the peak of its usage in 2014, 277 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 1st position. Moreover, the given name has been to the top 5 baby names 9 times
In Finland, Oliver is a unique name where it has been in use since 2009 and has secured the place in top 100 names.
In 2013, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 1 on boy names chart when 37 babies were named Oliver. Over 376 people have been named Oliver in Finland. Oliver is an uncommon baby name in Northern Territory still in use today.
Over 156 babies in Northern Territory have been named Oliver.
However things change on global perspective, Oliver is extremely popular in Germany where every 1 in 700 have the name.
Also the baby name is popular in Uganda, Philippines, England, Nigeria, Tanzania, Kenya, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mexico, Cameroon, Austria, Canada and Ghana. According to our research, over 750000 babies have been named Oliver globally.
Oliver in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Oliver?
You have a strong attitude but in order to be happy, you have to be open to new things. You hate being in the center of attention but somehow you always are because of your aura and charming expression. You act responsibly when involving other people in your actions. You get up, eat healthily, go to work, avoid jealous and envious people, love and pay attention to the people you love, and stay away from stupid people.
Other names liked by soon-to-be-parents that are similar to Oliver
- Dama - Dama's meaning is Ocean, River or One who Suppresses used for both genders used largely in Hindi and Italian is originated from Latin and Old Greek
- Laureleen means Laurel is of Latin origin
- Jillean - Origin of Offbeat Jillean is in Latin is a gender insensitive name, meaning of Jillean is "Illustrious Roman Family, Soft and Tender Hair and Down-bearded Youth" is used in English. Jillean is abridged form of Julius.
- Sylvain - Meaning of Sylvain is Wood or Forest used for boys, used mostly in French has its origin in French and English
- Celese - Infrequent girl name Celese means "Heavenly, Of the Sky and Divine" has its origin in Latin is used principally in English. Celese is resulted from Celeste.
Middle names for Oliver
These trending and newly-arrived middle names flows beautifully with the baby name Oliver .
View more middle names that goes with Oliver.
Famous people named Oliver
- Oliver Conant, American actor
- Oliver Law, African-American communist and labor organizer
- Oliver Knussen, British composer and conductor
- Oliver R. Smoot, Oliver Reed Smoot, Jr
- Oliver Hudson Kelley, is one of the key founders of the National Grange of the Order of Patrons of Husbandry
- Oliver the chimpanzee, former "performing" ape once promoted as a missing link or "humanzee" due to his somewhat human-like appearance and a tendency to walk upright
- Oliver C. Hartley, American lawyer from Galveston, Texas
- Oliver Smedley, English businessman involved
- Oliver MacDonald, American athlete
- Oliver Plunkett, Catholic Archbishop of Armagh and Primate of All Ireland
- Oliver Selfridge, pioneer of artificial intelligence
- Oliver Taplin, retired British academic and classicist
- Oliver James, chartered psychologist
- Oliver Phelps,
- Oliver Froning, playing at Defqon
- Oliver Perry-Smith, American rock climber
- Oliver Vujović, Yugoslav, German and Austrian former journalist
- Oliver Weindling, British jazz promoter and founder of the Babel jazz record label
- Oliver Herford, a writer, artist, and illustrator, was
- Oliver Samuel Tonks, Ph
- Oliver Winterbottom, British automotive designer
- Oliver Daniel, American arts administrator, musicologist
- Oliver Óge Martyn, Irish Jacobite and landowner, fl
- Oliver Wardrop, British diplomat, traveller and translator
- Oliver Skeete, British showjumper turned reality show contestant and actor
- Oliver Ingham, English knight and landowner
- Oliver Elmes, British graphic designer
- Oliver Horsbrugh, British television director most recently for 'Emmerdale'
- Oliver Edwin Baker, American economic geographer
- Oliver Pollock, merchant and financier of the American Revolutionary War
- Oliver Holden, American composer and compiler of hymns
- Oliver Waterman Larkin, American art historian and educator
- Oliver Zangwill, influential British neuropsychologist
- Oliver Lee, part-time deputy U.S. marshal, rancher
- Oliver Michael Griffiths Newman, Australian metallurgist
- Oliver Danson North, British engineer and automobile designer
- Oliver Kitson, 4th Baron Airedale, British peer
- Oliver Kurtz, former field hockey forward from Germany,
- Oliver H. Dockery, farmer and a politician
- Oliver Elton, English literary scholar whose works include 'A Survey of English Literature '
- Oliver Heaviside, scientist
- Oliver Rackham, academic at the University of Cambridge
- Oliver Wolcott Gibbs, American chemist
- Oliver King, Bishop of Exeter and Bishop of Bath and Wells
- Oliver Perry Hay, American herpetologist, ichthyologist
- Oliver Hart, British-born American economist
- Oliver Smithies, British-American geneticist and physical biochemist
- Oliver Bulman, British palaeontologist
- Oliver Penrose, British theoretical physicist
- Oliver C. Farrington, American geologist
- Oliver Lieb, German electronic music producer and DJ
- Oliver Cromwell, English military and political leader
- Oliver North, American political commentator, television host
- Oliver Hazard Perry, American naval commander, born in South Kingstown
- Oliver Goldsmith, Irish novelist, playwright and poet,
- Oliver Hardy, American comic actor and one half of Laurel and Hardy
- Oliver Postgate, English animator, puppeteer and writer
- Oliver Sacks, British neurologist, naturalist
- Oliver Neuville, German retired footballer who played as a striker
- Oliver E. Williamson, American economist, a professor at the University of California
Lists having Oliver
- Boys names beginning with O
- Girls names beginning with O
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- French Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Norse Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Popular Boy Names in United States (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in England & Wales (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in Ireland (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Switzerland (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in Netherlands (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Denmark (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Denmark (2012)
- Popular Boy Names in Belgium (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in New South Wales (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Queensland (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Northern Territory (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Western Australia (2019)
- Popular Boy Names in Victoria (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Victoria (2012)
- Popular Boy Names in Sweden (2018)
- Popular Boy Names in Norway (2019)
- Baby Names that mean Olive
- Baby Names that mean Tree
- Baby Names that mean Elf
- Baby Names that mean Army
- Baby Names that mean Warrior