Jordy meaning and origin
Widespread unisex name Jordy means "To Flow Down, Descend, Farmer, Earthworker or Worker of the Earth" which of Hebrew and Old Greek origin is used largely in Dutch and English. Jordy is variant form of sacred and customary Georges. Georges is variant of ever lasting, saintly and prevalent George. Georges is French equivalent of Georgius. Famed Georges has its origin in Old Greek, Georges means "Earthworker and Farmer". Jordy is Dutch equivalent of George. It is celebrated on April 23rd.
Variants of JordyNames that rhyme with Jordy
Popularity of Jordy
Jordy is a popular in France where over 3206 new-borns have been given the name since 1973. At its zenith in 1993, the moniker grabbed the 73rd spot and 1206 baby boys were given the name. Moreover, the first name has been to the top 100 baby names 1 times In United States, Jordy was once a common name since emerging in 1957 it has been given to over 5461 babies. When at its peak in 2001,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 52 years but it is still going strong. Also, A common name in Belgium with over 2796 new-borns have been given the name since 1995. At the peak of its usage in 1996, 426 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 15th position.
Jordy is a familiar baby name in Netherlands, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 300 names. In 2015, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 268 on boy names chart when 60 babies were given the name Jordy. There are over 192 babies that have been given the name Jordy in Netherlands. Jordy is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, even after 20 years of use, it could not make it big. Over 110 babies in England and Wales have been named Jordy.
Jordy is a common name in Ecuador and Indonesia while somewhat familiar name in Costa Rica, Venezuela, DR Congo, Gabon, Nicaragua, Canada, Dominican Republic, Chile, Mexico, Philippines, Peru and Spain. At least, 10000 people globally have been given the name as per our findings.
Jordy in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Jordy?
You have a bossy nature in love. Over-thinking kills. This is your motto. Due to your naivety, you are taken advantage of very often. Fighting you own battles like a lone wolf makes you feel strong and confident. To have no 6 as your soul urge number means you are focused on inner healing. Others need you in their life, but you don't need anyone. You have to pay attention to your surroundings and the people you hang out with.
If you like Jordy, you would love these names
- Phillis - Lofty and Quaint unisex name Phillis is used chiefly in English, meaning of Phillis is "Foliage, Leaf or Greenery" is originated from Old Greek
- Anthia - Originated from Old Greek and Greek, Unorthodox Anthia is mainly used in English customarily bestowed upon baby girls, Anthia means "Sea Fish"
- Petur - Boy name Petur is originated from Old Greek is used largely in Swedish and Danish. Petur is Faroese cognate of Pétr. Also Petur is form of Pétur in Swedish, Norwegian and Danish languages
- Dmitrii is used principally in Russian has its origin in Old Greek given to baby boys, Dmitrii means "Dedicated to Demeter and Follower of Demeter". Dmitrii is derived from Demetrius.
- Selinda is originated from English and Old Greek is used majorly in Finnish and Faroese is bestowed upon baby girls. Selinda is Nordic cognate of The English Name Celinda
Namesakes of Jordy
- Jordy Mont-Reynaud, became the youngest ever chess master in the United States when he became a master at the age of 10 years 209 days
- Jordy, French singer and musician
- Jordy Douglas, retired professional ice hockey left winger
- Jordy Buijs, Dutch footballer
- Jordyn Taylor Wilsea in Confessions of a Shopaholic as Actress
- Jordyn Lucas in One Small Step as Actress
- Jordyn A. Davis in June as Actress
- Jordyn Barber in Hurt as Actress
- Jordyn White in Truth or Dare as Actress
- Jordyn-Grace Makiya Duggar in Duggars Make a Movie as
- Jordyn Colemon in Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story as Actress
- Jordyn Blum in The GQ Men of the Year Awards as
- Jordyne Visser in Game of Scones as Actress
- Jordy Clasie is a Dutch soccer player who plays in the midfield demarcation for the Southampton of the Premier League.
- Actor Jordy Benattar, famous for tvMovie Fallen Angel
- Jordy Mul, from 2002 family movie Pietje Bell, who characterized Engeltje.
- Jordy Lucas, from 2015 comedy film Spare Change, who played the Elizabeth.
Lists having Jordy
- Boys names beginning with J
- Girls names beginning with J
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Dutch Baby Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Popular Boy Names in France (1993)
- Popular Boy Names in Belgium (2002)
- Baby Names that mean Flow
- Baby Names that mean Flowing
- Baby Names that mean Farmer
- Baby Names that mean Earthworker
- Baby Names that mean Worker
- Baby Names that mean Earth