Catharina name meaning
On This Page
What does Catharina mean?
Queer girl name Catharina means "Pure or Clear" and is used majorly in Swedish, English, Finnish, Norwegian, Danish and German has its origin in Old Greek language. Catharina is form of sacred and ceaseless Katharina.
Katharina is variant of predominant Karine. Katharina is resultant of Catherine. Unfamiliar Katharina came from Old Greek language, meaning of Katharina is "Hundred and The Pure".. Also Catharina is equivalent of Karine in Scandinavian and Dutch languages.
How do I pronounce Catharina?
c(a)-thari-na is the most common way to pronounce three syllabled Catharina. The other ways to say the name is cath(a)-rina.
Variants of Catharina
How popular is the name Catharina?
Catharina is a unique baby name in Netherlands, during its short term of usage, the name has been to the top 300 names. In 2015, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 272 on girl names chart when 49 babies were named Catharina.
There are over 215 babies that have been given the name Catharina in Netherlands. Catharina is an uncommon baby name in United States, although it has been in use since 1948 but could not make beyond the top 5000.
Over 283 babies in United States have been named Catharina. During its 44 years of usage in France, it had made up to just the top 2000 girl names. Over 233 babies in France have been named Catharina.
Also, it is uncommon in Belgium, where it has been in use since 1995 and peaked in 1995 when it ranked 518th. Over 137 babies in Belgium have been named Catharina.
Catharina is a rare baby name in England and Wales still in use today and also in Ireland. But Catharina is a popular baby name in South Africa where every 1 in 2000 have the name as well as in Brazil.
According to our evaluation, at least 60000 people have been bestowed Catharina around the globe.
Catharina in Nordic countries
Here's what numbers has to say about Catharina
Remember that life is to have fun and don't worry much. Find someone who will change how you see love. Your soul mate is somewhere out there. Open your eyes. Stop treating people like you are better than them even if you really are. You respond to occurrences in an unusual, impulsive but also creative way. You can't stand being imprisoned by your feelings for someone. You would rather pretend that you don't have them.
Do you like Catharina? Other names you would love
- Lira - Unheard-of Lira is used especially in Bengali and Tamil is originated from Old Greek and Gothic, Lira means "Love or Devotee of Goddess Kali" is a girl name
- Phelps - The curious boy name Phelps is used dominantly in English. It is rooted from Old Greek and English, Phelps means "Son of Philip"
- Agueto - The Agueto means "Good" came from Greek
- Dorinda - Persistent and Well-Liked Dorinda is used especially in Spanish and English aimed at girls and of Greek, English and Old Greek origin, Dorinda means "Dora or Combination of Dora or the Name Suffix Inda"
- Iuri - Old Greek name Iuri means "Earthworker or Farmer" used as a baby boy name is used in Portuguese
Middle names for Catharina
Here is a list of favorite and familiar middle names that go with the baby name Catharina.
View more middle names that goes with Catharina.
Sibling Names for Catharina
Choosing a name for your newborn is an exciting and important task. If you have decided on the beautiful name Catharina, you might be looking for sibling names that complement it perfectly. Here's a list of charming names that match the unique elegance and style of Catharina.
Names for Catharina's sister
Names for Catharina's brother
Famous people named Catharina
- Catharina Felser, German race car driver born in Siegburg
- Catharina Bråkenhielm, Swedish social democratic politician
- Catharina Hooft, Catharina Pietersdr
- Catharina Margaretha Linck, Prussian woman
- Catharina of Württemberg, was Queen consort of Westphalia by marriage to Jérôme Bonaparte
- Catharina van Hemessen, Flemish Renaissance painter
- Catharina Lodders, Dutch model and beauty queen
- Catharina Svensson, Danish lawyer, a professional equestrienne
- Catharina Neelissen, former international rower from the Netherlands,
- Catharina Elmsäter-Svärd, Swedish politician
- Catharina Alinder in Chock 5 - Helljus as Actress
- Catharina Conti in Ach jodel mir noch einen - Stosstrupp Venus bläst zum Angriff as Actress
- Catharina Nyqvist Ehrnrooth in Hotell as Production Designer
- Catharina Christie in Shish as Actress
- Catharina Ahlgren was a Swedish feminist writer, poet, translator, editor-in-chief, and one of Sweden's first identifiable female journalists.
- Catharina Cavalli is noted for her acting in tvMiniSeries Sexton
Lists having Catharina
- Girl names beginning with C
- American Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- Greek Girl Names
- Danish Girl Names
- Finnish Girl Names
- German Girl Names
- Norwegian Girl Names
- Swedish Girl Names
- Girl names that ends with -rina
- Girl names that starts with Cat
- Baby Names that mean Pure
- Baby Names that mean Clear
- Baby Names that mean Torture