Jeanette name meaning
On This Page
What does Jeanette mean?
Especially used in Finnish, Norwegian, Swedish, French, English, Greenlandic and Danish durable and darling, Jeanette is of Hebrew origin and is bestowed upon both sexes, meaning of Jeanette is "The Lord is Gracious, Little Jean or Yahweh is Gracious".
Jeanette is a form of perennial and prominent Jeannette. Jeannette is variant form of frequently used and persistent Jeanne. Jeannette is abridged form of Jeanne and Johanna. Jeannette is French equivalent of Jane.
Also Jeannette is French and English cognate of Jean. Jeannette means Yahweh is Gracious and God is Merciful has its origin in Hebrew. Jeanette is a form of venerable, customary and biblical Jane.
Jane is variation of JeanneJean. Also Jane is variant form of biblical and long standing Joan. Jane is shortened form of names ending in "Jane". Jane is an effeminate version of John or.
Jane is English form of Johanna. Meaning of Jane is Yahweh is Gracious Yahweh is Merciful, Yahweh is Gracious and Gracious is largely used in Tamil and Kannada is of Hebrew origin..
Jeanette is French cognate of Jeanne.
How do I pronounce Jeanette?
The proper pronunciation of two syllabled Jeanette is jah-nett. jeen-ette, je(a)-nette or jean(et)-te are the different way(s) to pronounce the name.
Variants of Jeanette
Jehanne, Ieuan, Johanan, Chanet, Jane, Jeannette, Joan, Johanna, Asia, Jennie, Hanna, Janel, Maryjane, Janelee, Jeanne, Jean, Jannette, Annjeanette, Jeanine, Evane, Ivane, Janette, Janina, Joannie, JeannemarieNames that rhyme with Jeanette
How popular is the name Jeanette?
Jeanette was a popular name in United States. Over 163494 babies have been given the first name in 205 years. When at its peak in 1939, 2892 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 82nd position.
However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 205 years. Moreover, the name has been to the top 100 baby names 6 times In New South Wales, Jeanette was once a common name since emerging in 1952 it has been given to over 1323 babies.
When at its peak in 1956,. After 11 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts.
Jeanette is a unique baby name in Ireland, it had been in use since 1964 and was last seen in 1992, during its 29 years of usage, it was able to reach the top 200 names.
In 1964, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 162 on girl names chart when 28 babies were named Jeanette. Over 360 people have been named Jeanette in Ireland. Also, during its short run of just 2 years in Queensland, it had made it to the top 100 names.
In 1960, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 83 on girl names chart when 45 babies were named Jeanette.
Jeanette is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales where it has been in use since 1996 and peaked in 1996 when it ranked 1914th.
Also, it is among the top 500 girl names in France. Over 289 people have been named Jeanette in France. Jeanette is a rare baby name in Queensland there is very thin chances of it still being given.
But Jeanette is a popular baby name in DR Congo where every 1 in 2000 have the name as well as in, England, South Africa, Philippines, Germany, Canada, Australia and Chile.
As per our research, over 480000 babies have been bestowed Jeanette around the globe.
Jeanette in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Jeanette?
Logic isn't your strongest side but perfectionism is something people admire you for. You can hardly resist a temptation, a trait which affects your relationships in a negative way. To have letter J as your cornerstone means to stand for fairness, balance, justice, and equality. You always thrive to accomplish the greatest things, be the best at what you do, and impress yourself instead of impression others.
Other names liked by name hunters that are similar to Jeanette
- Eric - Eric's meaning is Sole Ruler or Honor or Powerful King is a gender insensitive name, rooted from German and Germanic is used in Finnish and Danish. In baby boy names list, acclaimed Eric captured 160th position in 2018 in United States
- Nathan - Originated from Hebrew, Famous and Ceaseless Nathan means "God has Given, Given by God or Controller" and is aimed at both boys and girls is primarily used in Hindi, English and Malayalam
- Shannon means Ancient or Small or Wise used for both genders, used particulary in Hindi and English is originated from English and Anglo-Saxon
- Anita - Anita's meaning is Graceful, Favour or He (God) Was Gracious used for both sexes and is used mostly in Sindhi and Scandinavian is originated from Hebrew
- Krystal - Customary Krystals origin is English is mainly used in English, Swedish and Danish and is bestowed upon both genders, meaning of Krystal is "Ice or Follower of Christ"
Middle names for Jeanette
There are many familiar and short middle names that are commonly paired with Jeanette.
View more middle names that goes with Jeanette.
Famous people named Jeanette
- Jeanette McGruder, singer, comedian, sketch actress, and writer
- Jeanette Abadie, young woman of the village of Ciboure
- Jeanette Söderholm, Swedish singer of Jamaican origin
- Jeanette Sterke, British actress
- Jeanette Wohl, longtime friend and correspondent of Ludwig Börne
- Jeanette Dolson, Canadian athlete
- Jeanette Lunde, former Norwegian sportsperson
- Jeanette Ullyett, in Standerton, South Africa
- Jeanette Powell, British-born Australian politician
- Jeanette Winterson, award-winning English writer,
- Jeanette MacDonald, During the 1930s and 1940s she starred
- Jeanette Fitzsimons, New Zealand politician and environmentalist
- Jeanette Biedermann, German recording artist, actress
- Jeanette Aw, actress, filmmaker and author
- Jeanette Lee, by her friends because,
- Jeanette Jurado, member of the popular girl group Exposé, along with Ann Curless
- Jeanette Arocho-Burkart, Sergeant E-5 in the United States Army
- Jeanette, English-born Spanish singer
- Jeanette Brakewell, professional eventing rider
- Jeanette Nolan, American actress
- Jeanette Mott Oxford, American activist and politician from Missouri
- Jeanette Schmid, professional transgender whistler
- Jeanette I. Sustad, USMC was sixth director of Women Marines
- Jeanette Bolden, American Olympic athlete
- Jeanette Clinger, American singer/vocalist
- Jeanette Loff, American actress and singer
- Jeanette Kwakye, 7
- Jeanette Leung in Yi dai zong shi as Actress
- Jeanette Mills in The Ecstasies of Women as Actress
- Jeanette Mühlmann in Reporter des Regenbogens as Actress
- Jeanette Pavini in The Vagrant as Actress
- Jeanette McMahon in Extraordinary Measures as Actress
- Jeanette Hatlestad in A Country Christmas as Actress
- Jeanette Ottesen Gray is a Danish swimmer.
- In 1919, Jeanette Horton played the role of Katherine Crowninshield in comedy, romance flick A Virtuous Vamp.
- In 1990 comedy and fantasy movie, Cootie Garages, Jeanette Smith portrayed Wella.
- In 1965, Jeanette Lin Tsui characterized the role of N In movie Hu tu nu zhen tan.
- Jeanette Fernando played key role of Rowena Cordero in 1995 action and adventure movie Bunso: Isinilang kang palaban!.
- In 2008 horror movie, Live Animals, Jeanette Comans played Erin.
- Jeanette Eng played leading character of Vicki In drama film Penance.
- Jeanette Rourke portrayed the role of Sharon in sci-fi flick Embrace Eternity.
Lists having Jeanette
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with J
- Girls names beginning with J
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- French Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Girl names that ends with -nette
- Popular Girl Names in United States (1941)
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (1963)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (1962)
- Baby Names that mean Lord
- Baby Names that mean Gracious
- Baby Names that mean Little
- Baby Names that mean Female
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Merciful
- Baby Names that mean Yahweh