Leone meaning and origin
Cherished and Venerable unisex name Leone is of Latin origin which is principally used in English, Swedish, Norwegian, Italian, Finnish and Danish languages, meaning of Leone is "The Lion". Leone is variant form of durable and acclaimed Leona. Leona is form of persistent and trendy Helen. Also Leona is variation of Leonida. Leona is a feminine form of Leon. Originated from Old Greek and Latin, Famous and Venerable Leona, Leona means "Lioness and The Word Leo with the Meaning Lion".
Variants of Leone
View middle names that goes with Leone like Tian, Ace, Kaie, Jeremiah, Salvador, Kiel,Names that rhyme with Leone
Popularity of Leone
Leone is common in United States where over 6421 new-borns have been given the name since 1880. Currently the moniker is on a rise, in 1904, it ranked 333rd when 253 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. In addition to that, the name has been in Leone is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales, although it has been in use since 1996 but could not make beyond the top 2000. Over 123 people have been named Leone in England and Wales. Also, in Ireland, it has been in use since 1966 and achieved its top most rank of 363 in 1970. In France, it has been in use since 2010 and achieved its top ranking of 1714 in 2018. In Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 and peaked in 2018 when it ranked 775th.
But Leone is a popular baby name in Italy where every 1 in 5000 have the name. At least, 30000 people globally have been given the name as per our evaluation.
Leone in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Leone?
Working solo brings out the best of you but working with others helps you improve your old ideas. Allow yourself to think more freely. You are an attractive person with an impressive character and formed life values. You watch your mouth and think twice before you say something. Skin touch makes you nervous because you feel it so deeply that it makes you tremble. You are highly resourceful and respectful around people who value honesty, justice, and dreams.
Other names similar to Leone
- Jermane means Variant of Germaine, From Germany or Brotherly is rooted from Latin and English and is commonly used in English and English is used for both genders
- Enzo - Widely Accepted unisex name Enzo means "Laurel or Ruler" used in Norwegian and Italian is of Italian and Germanic origin
- Mélia - Mélia's meaning is Honey is originated from Latin
- Florient - Origin of Florient is in Latin, meaning of Florient is "Flowered"
- Sis - Girl name Sis is used majorly in English, meaning of Sis is "Blind and Sixth" is of Latin origin. Sis is a short of Cicely.
Namesakes of Leone
- Leone Levi, English jurist and statistician
- Leone Caetani, Italian scholar
- Leone Sinigaglia, Italian composer and mountaineer
- Leone de' Sommi, Jewish-Italian playwright, director, actor, poet
- Leone Frollo, Italian comic book artist
- Leone Strozzi, Italian condottiero belonging to the famous Strozzi family of Florence
- Leone Carpi, Jewish Italian political economist and journalist
- Leone Sforza, Italian condottiero
- Leone Leoni, Italian sculptor of international outlook
- Leone Bagnall, farmer
- Leone Ginzburg, Italian editor, writer, journalist and teacher
- Leone J. Peters, American businessman and an owner-breeder of Thoroughbred racehorses
- Leone Carey in Do or Die as Actress
- Leonette Scott in Boyz n the Hood as Actress
- Actor Leone Carton, well-known for movie Shifting Sands
- In 1917, Leone Morgan portrayed the role of Jane Raleigh in comedy, romance movie Bab's Matinee Idol.
- Leone Papa, from 1915 adventure film Maciste, who characterized Ercole.
- Leone Heller characterized small role of N in 1921 movie Maciste salvato dalle acque.
- Leone Vitale, from 1920 film Il piccolo santo, who characterized N.