Lila name meaning
On This Page
What does Lila mean?
Long standing and Famous Lila is used in Assamese, English, Telugu, Danish, Sindhi, Norwegian, Malayalam, Gujarati, Finnish, African, Kannada, Sanskrit, Bengali, Arabic, Swedish, Marathi, Oriya, Indian, Hindi, Tamil and Hebrew came from Latin, Sanskrit, Arabic and Persian, Lila means "Good, Night, Feminine of Lyle, Seductive, Dark Beauty, Lily, Purity, Pleasure, Sport, Pastime, Delicate, Playful, Play Amusement, Lioness, Gods Creation or Attractive" is used usually as a gender-neutral name .
Lila is a form of perennial and biblical Delila. Delila is a version of biblical and prevailing Dalila. Delila is a variant spelling of Delilah. Persistent and Cherished Delila particulary is used in German and English, meaning of Delila is "Feeble and Tendon" has origin in Hebrew.
Lila is form of hot in fashion and all time favorite Lily. Lily is form of Lilian and Elizabeth. Also Lily is variant of eminent and biblical Lilli. Lily is diminutive of ElisabethLilian.
Lily means Form of Lillian and The Lily Flower has origin in Hebrew, English and Latin. Lila is resultant of Léa. Principally used in French pleasing and enduring, Léa is originated from Latin and Hebrew, meaning of Léa is "Lioness, Wild Cow and Weary,Tired".
Lila is celebrated on March 22.
How is Lila regarded as a baby name?
Lila is a charming name for a baby girl with multiple layers of significance. Its Arabic roots give the name its essence, meaning night, beauty, purple, and divine play.
Lila carries an air of mystery and allure due to its connection to the night's enchanting darkness. The name also suggests elegance and gracefulness through its association with beauty and purple color.
One cannot help but imagine a child full of wonder and magic when hearing the name Lila. Overall, Lila is an excellent choice for parents who seek a distinct yet engaging name for their little girl that speaks to her uniqueness and spirit.
How do I pronounce Lila?
LY-laorLEE-la is the most common way to pronounce one syllabled Lila. There should be emphasis on first LY syllable while speaking. Some people pronounce it as ly-lah or l(i)-la.
Variants of LilaNames that rhyme with Lila
How popular is the name Lila?
Lila was a popular name in United States. Over 66553 babies have been given the moniker in 149 years. When at the peak of its usage in 2010, the moniker grabbed the 155th spot and 1969 baby girls were given the name.
However after 149 years, the name is on free fall on the charts but still dominating the charts. Moreover, the first name has been to the top 500 baby names an astounding 93 times Also, Lila is a popular in France where over 14548 new-borns have been given the name since 1945.
At its zenith in 2012, the moniker grabbed the 79th spot and 813 baby girls were given the name. Additionally, the first name has been in the top 100 baby names 6 times
Lila is common in England and Wales where over 2514 new-borns have been given the name since 1996.
At the peak of its usage in 2015, it ranked 234th when 214 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Lila is a familiar baby name in Belgium, it has been in use since 1997 and was able to reach the top 200 names.
Recently in 2018, 78 babies were given Lila and it reached its peak ranking, 123 on girl names chart. Over 810 people have been named Lila in Belgium.
In Switzerland, Lila is a unique name where it has been in use since 1998 and has secured the place in top 300 names.
Recently in 2018, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 275 on girl names chart when 29 babies were named Lila. There are over 286 babies that have been given the name Lila in Switzerland.
Lila is an uncommon baby name in still in use in Ireland. However things change on global perspective, Lila is extremely popular in India where every 1 in 2000 have the name as well as in Nepal.
Also the baby name is popular in Afghanistan, Algeria, Peru, Indonesia, Madagascar, Venezuela, Egypt and Brazil. At least, 980000 people globally have carried Lila as their given name according to our research.
Lila in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numerology tells about Lila?
You keep your promises and people trust you for that. You aren't selfish, so you allow everyone in it. You are a peacemaker and always avoid conflicts. You prefer to have people work on your success instead of working on it yourself. Good things don't just fall from the sky. You have to earn them. You know this. You attract wealth and successful people with your charisma. Be the living proof to those who ignored you, they need to realize you were right this whole time.
Looking for names similar to Lila? Please go through the following names
- Khorvash - Old Persian name Khorvash means "Like the Sun" used as a baby boy name is used in Iranian and Arabic
- Surayj - Used in Arabic and Sindhi, Surayj means "Name of an Authority of Hadith" is used for baby boys
- Baghawi - Meaning of Baghawi is Baghshur or Bagshur in Khurasan aimed at boys is used especially in Arabic and Sindhi
- Musaykah - Musaykah's meaning is She Narrated Hadith from Sayyidina Ayshah or She Narrated Hadith is used in Arabic and Arabic is given to both sexes
- Tahseenah - Used primarily in Arabic and Sindhi, Tahseenah means "Acclaim or Appreciation" is a baby girl name
Famous people named Lila
- Lila Acheson Wallace, American magazine publisher and philanthropist
- Lila Meade Valentine, American educational reformer and a participant
- Lila Ratsifandrihamanana, Malagasy politician and diplomat
- Lila Feng, Canadian weather presenter currently working for CNN International
- Lila McCann, American country music singer
- Lila Downs, musical artist
- Lila Kedrova, Russian-born French actress
- Lila Leeds, American film actress
- Lila Lee, prominent screen actress, primarily a leading lady
- Lila Morillo, Venezuelan actress and singer
- Lila Leslie, Scottish actress of the silent era
- Lila Waters in Paper Moon as Actress
- Lila Garrett in The Threat as Writer
- Lilah Reese in King's Man as Actress
- Lila Flores in Bedroom Hymns as Actress
- Lila Bassior in The Break Up as Actress
- Actor Lila Andres, notable for movie My Son Don't Turn Round
- In 1914, Lila Barclay characterized the role of Poppaea in drama flick The Sign of the Cross.
- Lila Chester, from 1914 drama film Cardinal Richelieu's Ward, who characterized Marion de Lorme.
- Lila Cobo, from 1937 film Sangre de selva, who characterized the N.
- Lila Kafantari, from 1985 adventure, drama movie En plo, who portrayed the Tourist.
- Lila Cano played leading character of N in 1997 film The Petticoat Expeditions.
- Lila Mukherjee played minor role of N in 1946 drama film Pather Saathi.
- Lila Dasgupta, from 1950 drama flick Sati Samintani, who portrayed the N.
- Lila Luna portrayed significant character of N in 1951 musical movie Yolanda.
- In 2010, Lila Monti portrayed the role of N in film El perseguido.
Lists having Lila
- Boys names beginning with L
- Girls names beginning with L
- Arabic Baby Names
- Sanskrit Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Persian Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- African Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Assamese Baby Names
- Bengali Baby Names
- Gujarati Baby Names
- Kannada Baby Names
- Malayalam Baby Names
- Marathi Baby Names
- Sindhi Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Telugu Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Popular Girl Names in France (2018)
- Baby Names that mean Good
- Baby Names that mean Night
- Baby Names that mean Dark
- Baby Names that mean Beauty
- Baby Names that mean Lily
- Baby Names that mean Purity
- Baby Names that mean Pleasure
- Baby Names that mean Delicate
- Baby Names that mean Divine
- Baby Names that mean Lioness
- Baby Names that mean Play
- Baby Names that mean Attractive