Madison meaning and origin
Prevalently used in English unfading and noteworthy, Madison means "Son of Maud, Son of the Mighty Warrior, Son of Madde, Child of Matthew, Villager of Galilee Where Lived Mary Magdalene or God's Gift" used as a unisex name is rooted from Hebrew and English.. The name is celebrated on July 22nd.
Variants of Madison
View middle names that goes with Madison like Jas, Alon, Benton, Truman, Aury, Edin,Names that rhyme with Madison
Popularity of Madison
Madison was an extremely popular name in United States. Over 388237 babies have been named Madison since 1880. At its zenith in 2001, it ranked 2nd when 22162 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. However after 179 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Additionally, the first name has been in the top 5 baby names 8 times Also, Madison was a popular name in England and Wales. Over 16728 babies have been given the moniker in 40 years. At the peak of its usage in 2007, it ranked 35th when 1556 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 40 years. Additionally, the first name has been in the top 50 baby names 4 times
Madison used to be a common name in France, first appeared in 1985 and over 4840 babies have been given the name in 51 years. When at the peak of its usage in 1997,. After 51 years, the name has past its prime. Also, Madison was a common name in New South Wales. Over 4563 babies have been named Madison since 1993. When at its peak in 2000,. However after 26 years, the name is on free fall on the charts. Also, Madison was a common name in Queensland. Over 3835 babies have been named Madison since 1993. When at its peak in 2000,. However after 27 years, the name is on free fall on the charts. Also, Madison is common in Victoria where over 1130 new-borns have been given the name since 2008. Presently the name is rising, in 2008, the moniker grabbed the 25th spot and 159 baby girls were given the name.
Madison is a familiar baby name in Ireland, it has been in use since 1995 and was able to reach the top 100 names. In 2014, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 86 on girl names chart when 80 babies were given the name Madison. Over 872 people have been named Madison in Ireland. Also, in Belgium, it has been in use since 1995 and was able to reach the top 200 names. In 1995, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 143 on girl names chart when 82 babies were given the name Madison. Over 615 babies in Belgium have been named Madison.
Madison is an uncommon baby name in Northern Territory where it is still in use. Madison is a common name in Liberia, Canada and Australia while somewhat familiar name in Indonesia, Philippines, Brazil, England, Zimbabwe, Ghana, Morocco and Mexico. As per our findings, over 420000 babies have been bestowed Madison around the globe.
Madison in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Madison
You never get too obsessed with a person because you know that everything in life is temporary, especially relationships. Nothing can stop them from achieving what they intended. You push yourself to your limits and beyond. You are a blending mix of creativity and brains. Your friends have a hard time decoding your mood. You are often taken as crazy because of your fearlessness and courageous acts you take to achieve your aspirations.
Do you like Madison? You would love these names
- Leroy - Prevailing and Ceaseless Leroy has its origin in French is used majorly in English, Leroy means "Inspired By a Family Name, King or The King" is given to both boys and girls. Among baby boy names, celebrated Leroy elevated to 492nd position in 1992 in United States
- Lois - Frequently Used and Ever lasting unisex name Lois means "Struggle or Well: Healthy Wood". Its origin is in Old High German, Old Greek and Hebrew is commonly used in English and French
- Hunter - Hunter's meaning is A Huntsman or Hunter is a gender insensitive name dominantly used in English is rooted from English
- Bill - The prevalent and venerable unisex name Bill came from Old High German and Germanic which is substantially used in Swedish and Danish languages, Bill means "Will Helmet or Protect"
- Ray - Eternal and Pleasing Ray dominantly is used in Telugu, Norwegian and Malayalam, meaning of Ray is "Grace or Wise Protector" has its roots in Old English, Germanic and English is bestowed upon both boys and girls
Namesakes of Madison
- Madison Smartt Bell, American novelist
- Madison Cawein, poet from Louisville, Kentucky
- Madison Nguyen, American politician from California
- Madison Cooper, Madison Alexander Cooper, Jr
- Madison Local School District, public school district that serves students in eastern parts of the city of Mansfield
- Madison Roswell Smith, United States Representative from Missouri
- Madison Clinton Peters, American clergyman,
- Madison Avenue, Australian electronic music duo consisting of writer-producer Andy Van Dorsselaer and singer-lyricist Cheyne Coates
- Madison Grant, American lawyer, writer
- Madison S. Perry, fourth Governor of Florida
- Madison Park, American electronica duo composed of husband and wife James and DeAnna Cool
- Madison Hedgecock, fullback
- Madison, Canadian professional wrestler
- Madison Hemings, son of the mixed-race slave Sally Hemings
- Madison, Labrador Retriever
- Madison Hubbell, American ice dancer
- Madison Pettis, American actress, voice actress and model
- Madison Miller, US soldier, military officer and railroad manager
- Madison Davenport, American actress and singer
- Madison Miner Walden, Civil War officer, teacher, publisher, farmer
- Madison Lygo in The Zero Theorem as Actress
- Madison Kerry in Mulligan as Actress
- Madison Eror in Wahine'inoloa as Actress
- Madison Scott in The Stalker as Actress
- Madison Oldroyd in The Prince of the Blood as Actress
- Madison Hathaway in A Poptastic Dance for Two as Actress
- Madison Poer in The Young and the Restless as Actress
- Madison Absher in The Sacrament as Actress
- Madison Kent in Frequency as Actress
- Madison Clark is known for her acting in movie Embrace the Darkness
- Madison Vollmer, from 2019 comedy and crime film Chicago, who portrayed the Roxie Hart.
- Madison Avery played the small role of Lindsay In drama and romance film The Scarlet Pointe Siren Song.
- Madison Cruz, from 2004 action, drama film Bottom Out, who portrayed Helen.
- Madison Ford portrayed the central role of Laura in 2018 adventure and drama flick Nathan's Kingdom.
Lists having Madison
- Boys names beginning with M
- Girls names beginning with M
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that starts with Mad
- Boy names that ends with -son
- Popular Girl Names in United States (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in England & Wales (2013)
- Popular Girl Names in Ireland (2017)
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Northern Territory (2013)
- Popular Boy Names in Victoria (2012)
- Popular Girl Names in Victoria (2019)
- Baby Names that mean Son
- Baby Names that mean Mighty
- Baby Names that mean Warrior
- Baby Names that mean Child
- Baby Names that mean Villager
- Baby Names that mean Mary
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Gift