Jas meaning and origin
The widespread and evergreen unisex name Jas is principally used in Bengali, Hindi, Oriya, Tamil, Gujarati, Telugu, Polish, Marathi, Sikh, Kannada and Malayalam is originated from Hebrew, Jas means "God is Gracious, Kirti or Good Wishes". Jas is variant form of ever lasting and biblical John. John is a short form of Johannes. John is form of Johannes in German and English languages. John's meaning is Yahweh is Gracious Yahweh is Merciful, Yahweh is Gracious and God has Been Gracious: has Shown Favor In the Bible John the Baptist Baptized Christ In the Jordan is rooted from Hebrew. Jas is a short form of James. James is variant form of preeminent and biblical Jacques. James is English equivalent of Jacomus. Of English and Hebrew origin, Customary and Evergreen James, James means "Supplanter, A Cheerful Boy and He who Supplants".
Variants of Jas
View middle names that goes with Jas like Kingston, Keegan, Nixon, Arden, Houston, Gage,Names that rhyme with Jas
Popularity of Jas
Jas is an uncommon baby name in United States, although it has been in use since 1884 but could not make beyond the top 1000. There are over 118 babies that have been given the name Jas in United States. In England and Wales, it is relatively new, first appeared in 1996. But Jas is a popular baby name in India where every 1 in 100000 have the name as well as in Canada. At least, 20000 people globally have carried Jas as their given name according to our evaluation.
Here's what numbers has to say about Jas
You can't stand in one place for a long time because it bores you. You are a child of change. You always doubt yourself and your abilities. Learn your value. You believe only people who love and respect themselves are able to truly love and respect any other living being on earth. You easily adapt to new environments and want to hang around with new people. You have the ability to predict things before they happen thanks to your strong intuition.
Looking for names similar to Jas? Please go through the following names
- Ephron - Meaning of Ephron is Inspired By a Field Name, Alluded to In the Book of Genesis: "The Name of the Second Called He Ephraim: for God Hath Caused Me to Be Fruitful In the L and Double Fertile is used particulary in Hebrew and English. Its origin is in Hebrew is bestowed upon boys. Ephron is derivation of Ephraim.
- Aviad - Originated from Hebrew, Unfamiliar Aviad bestowed upon baby boys, Aviad means "Everlasting Father" is mainly used in Hebrew
- Marysick has its origin in Hebrew, Marysick means "Princess of the Sea"
- Yeudiel - Meaning of Yeudiel is I Give Thanks to God is of Hebrew origin is aimed at boys
- Sabas - Outlandish Sabas came from Hebrew bestowed upon baby boys, meaning of Sabas is "Conversion or South Arabian People"
Namesakes of Jas
- Jas H. Duke, cult figure
- Jas Gawronski, Italian journalist and politician
- Jas Mann, British songwriter, musician, singer
- Jasmine Luna Gold in The Joys of Anal as Actress
- Jasmin Pasteuning in Mijn vader is een detective as Actress
- Jasmine Lawrence in Teen Entrepreneurs as
- Jasmine Mohamed in Definitely, Maybe as Miscellaneous Crew
- Jasmine Du'Pre in Spirits Asunder as Actress
- Jasmine Simpkins in 11-04-08: The Day of Change as Producer
- Jasmine James in Honey We Blew Up Your Pussy 11 as Actress
- Jas Arora in movie Monsoon Wedding as Actor
Lists having Jas
- Boys names beginning with J
- Girls names beginning with J
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Bengali Baby Names
- Gujarati Baby Names
- Kannada Baby Names
- Malayalam Baby Names
- Marathi Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Telugu Baby Names
- Polish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Gracious
- Baby Names that mean Good
- Baby Names that mean Wishes