Matthews meaning and origin
Matthews is variant of eternal and well-known Mason. Mason means Mason and To Make is originated from Old French and Old English.
Variants of MatthewsNames that rhyme with Matthews
Popularity of Matthews
Matthews is a unique baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1882 and was able to reach the top 1000 names. In 1882, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 943 on boy names chart when 41 babies were named Matthews. Over 1519 people have been named Matthews in United States. Matthews is an uncommon baby name in France, in use since 1989, peaked in 1998 when it ranked 2144th. Matthews is a rare baby name in England and Wales where it is still in use. But Matthews is a popular baby name in Malawi where every 1 in 2000 have the name as well as in South Africa. According to our findings, over 20000 babies have been named Matthews globally.
What numbers say about Matthews?
You appreciate your time enough not to spend it on doing things you don't want and stupid people. Number 6 as your soul urge no represents your caring nature. You are undoubtedly a born leader. You are stubborn and self-motivated. Details matter to you, especially when it comes to choosing your love partner. Even if you help people fight their battles, you prefer to fight yours on your own. You hate copying others.
If you like Matthews, you would love these names
- Natanaël - Natanaëls origin is Hebrew, meaning of Natanaël is "God Gave"
- Mannaïck - Meaning of Mannaïck is Princess of the Sea has its origin in Hebrew is used mostly in Breton
- Joseline - Used largely in English and German noteworthy, Joseline means "God Adds or Gaut" and of Hebrew and Old French origin is aimed at baby girls
- Noëly is originated from Hebrew, Noëly means "God is with Us"
- Susette - Famed Susette is originated from Hebrew bestowed upon baby girls is used mainly in Finnish and Norwegian. Susette is Nordic form of Suzette
Namesakes of Matthews
We could not find any notable namesake.