Jovan name meaning
What does Jovan mean?
Famed Jovan came from Hebrew is commonly used in Slavic, Old SwedishFinnish, Yugoslav, Marathi, Norwegian, Hindi, English, Swedish and Danish, meaning of Jovan is "Youth, Yahweh is Gracious or God is Merciful" is a gender insensitive name . Jovan is form of famed and persistent John. John is abridged form of Johannes. John is English and German equivalent of Johannes. Widely Accepted John is originated from Hebrew language, John means "Yahweh is Gracious Yahweh is Merciful and God is Merciful". Also Jovan is Swedish cognate of Johan. It is celebrated on December 27th.
Variants of JovanNames that rhyme with Jovan
How popular is the name Jovan?
Jovan was a common name in United States. Over 10302 babies have been named Jovan since 1966. At the peak of its usage in 1979,. However after 78 years, the name is on free fall on the charts but it is still going strong. Jovan is a familiar baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 700 names. Recently in 2017, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 621 on boy names chart when 58 babies were named Jovan. There are over 653 babies that have been given the name Jovan in England and Wales.
Jovan is a unique baby name in France, it has been in use since 1967 and was able to reach the top 2000 names. In 2006, it ranked 1028th when 31 boys were named Jovan. There are over 412 babies that have been given the name Jovan in France. Jovan is an uncommon baby name in Switzerland, although it has been in use since 1998 but could not make beyond the top 400. Over 220 babies in Switzerland have been named Jovan.
But Jovan is a popular baby name in Serbia where every 1 in 200 have the name as well as in, North Macedonia and Bosnia and Herzegovina. At least, 100000 people globally have been given the name as per our findings.
Numerological aspects of Jovan
You believe in yourself because it's the secret to achieving your aspirations and realize your life goals. Your bad habits and addictions block your way to success. You are creative and free-spirited. Once you overcome an obstacle, you feel invincible and it boosts your self-confidence. You live to surprise yourself. You have a bossy nature in love. You react fast and don't think much when it comes to taking a risk for improvement or gaining profits.
Do you like Jovan? You would love these names
- Mosès means Saved from the Waters is originated from Hebrew
- Jean-Bernard - Jean-Bernard means "Bear or Strong or God is Merciful" is of Hebrew and German origin
- Dinora - Dinora's meaning is Light or Fire is predominantly used in Portuguese and Spanish and is used for girls is originated from Aramaic and Hebrew
- Gaylor - Origin of Unwonted Gaylor is in Old French and Hebrew bestowed upon boys, meaning of Gaylor is "God is My Joy"
- Mahieu - Originated from French and Hebrew, Mahieu is used as a baby boy name, Mahieu means "Gift of God"
Famous people named Jovan
- Jovan Ristić, Serbian statesman, diplomat and historian
- Jovan Čokor, Serbian epidemiologist, infectologist
- Jovan Sundečić, Serbian poet from Livno, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Jovan Soldatović, Serbian sculptor
- Jovan Zivlak, Serbian poet, publisher and essayist
- Jovan Ajduković, Serbian linguist
- Jovan Popović, Serbian writer and poet
- Jovan Žujović, anthropologist, known as a pioneer in geology
- Jovan Cvijić, Serbian geographer and ethnologist
- Jovan Karamata, was Serbian mathematician
- Jovan Jovanović Zmaj, was one of the best-known Serbian poets
- Jovan Kirovski, former American soccer player
- Jovan Dučić, Bosnian Serb poet, writer and diplomat
- Jovan Nenad, Serb military commander
- Jovan Rašković, Serb psychiatrist, academic and politician
- Jovan Rajić, Serbian writer, historian, traveller
- Jovan Sterija Popović, Serbian playwright, poet
- Jovan Haye, former American football defensive lineman
- Jovan Divjak, retired Bosnian Army general who
- Jovan Šajnović, renowned Yugoslavian conductor and university professor
- Jovan Stanković, Serbian retired footballer
- Jovan Krkobabić, Serbian politician
- Jovan Tanasijević, former footballer
- Jovan Jovanov, Macedonian-Canadian songwriter, composer, and producer of pop
- Jovan Aćimović, former Serbian football player
- Jovan Bowles, South African rugby union footballer
- Jovana Gavrilovic in The Sky Above Us as Actress
- Jovana Balasevic in Kao rani mraz as Actress
- Jovana Lara in Imagine 013: A Celebration of Children's Hospital Los Angeles as
- Jovani S. Rampersad in Garbage Men as Actress
- Jovana Stojiljkovic in Klip as Actress
- Jovanka Vuckovic in The Captured Bird as Director
- Jovanna Nicole in Forest from the Trees as Actress
- Jovan Vladimir was governor of Doclea, the most powerful Serbian principality of the time, between 1000 and 1016. He ruled during the prolonged war between the Byzantine Empire and the First Bulgarian Empire.
- Jovan Acin is notable for directing movie Hey Babu Riba
- Jovan Antonijevic-Djedo characterized vital role of Tomas in 1948 drama flick Zivot je nas.
Lists having Jovan
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with J
- Girls names beginning with J
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Marathi Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Slavic Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Boy names that ends with -van
- Baby Names that mean Youth
- Baby Names that mean Yahweh
- Baby Names that mean Gracious
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Merciful