Monika meaning and origin
Meaning of Monika is A Wise Counsellor, Hermit, Monk, Advise, To Warn, to Advise, to Remind, Admonish, Exhort, Counsel or Advisor is of Old Greek, English, Slavic, German, Polish, Czech, Latvian, Greek, Lithuanian, Latin and Scandinavian origin, used mainly in Icelandic, Kannada, Sindhi, Norwegian, Bengali, Danish, Telugu, Oriya, Marathi, Swedish, Tamil, German, Hindi, Greenlandic, Scandinavian, Faroese, Finnish, Gujarati and Malayalam is given to baby girls.. It is celebrated on August 27th.
Variants of MonikaNames that rhyme with Monika
Popularity of Monika
In United States, Monika was once a common name since emerging in 1942 it has been given to over 9608 babies. When at its peak in 1978,. However after 72 years, the name is on free fall on the charts. Monika is a unique baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 900 names. In 1998, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 869 on girl names chart when 37 babies were named Monika. Over 501 people have been named Monika in England and Wales.
Monika is an uncommon baby name in Ireland, its highest ever rank is 314 (2009) in its 12 years run on Ireland naming chart. In France, it has been in use since 1926 but could not make beyond the top 500. There are over 754 babies that have been given the name Monika in France. Also, it appeared first time in 1996 on baby girl names list of Belgium. However things change on global perspective, Monika is extremely popular in Germany where every 1 in 200 have the name as well as in, Poland and India. Also the baby name is popular in Austria, Czech Republic, Switzerland, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Slovakia, Tanzania, England, Sweden, Namibia, Egypt, Uganda, Canada, Romania and Lithuania. At least, 2320000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our findings.
Monika in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Monika
You don't want to live an ordinary life and be remembered as some other folk who lived and died for nothing. You prefer to take advantage of people, but feel disappointed when someone takes you for granted. You act responsibly when involving other people in your actions. You want an extraordinary life. And by focusing on something other than material will get you one. Liberating from your self-imposed restrictions will affect your life in a positive rather than negative way as you assume.
Do you like Monika? Read these names too
- Lukas - Lukas's meaning is Shining, Daylight Babies or Light is used predominantly in Danish, Greek and Norwegian which originated from Old Greek and Latin is bestowed upon both sexes
- Salvin - Boy name Salvin is used substantially in English. Its origin is in Latin, meaning of Salvin is "Derived from the Word Salvino, Saved or Saviour"
- Ignatia - Ignatia's meaning is Fire or Red Hot is originated from Etrusk and Latin and a gender insensitive name is used especially in German
- Clairissa - Meaning of Clairissa is Diminutive of Clarence and Shining is used dominantly in English aimed at girls has origin in English and Latin. Clairissa is effeminate version of Clair.
- Cally - The queer unisex name Cally means "Dove" which is used in Finnish, Danish and Norwegian is originated from Irish and Scottish languages. Cally is diminutive of Calum.
Namesakes of Monika
- Monika Mann, German author and feature writer
- Monika Flašíková-Beňová, Slovak politician
- Monika Olejnik, Polish radio, newspaper and TV journalist
- Monika Maron, German author
- Monika Deol, Canadian television personality
- Monika Treut, German lesbian filmmaker
- Monika Mrozowska, Polish actress and child singer
- Monika Brüning, German politician and member of the Christian Democratic Union
- Monika Debertshäuser,
- Monika Bejnar, retired Polish sprint athlete
- Monika Schäfer-Korting, German Pharmacologist and Toxicologist
- Monika Fludernik, a native Austrian
- Monika Fornaçon, German football referee
- Monika Antonelli, voice actress and librarian best
- Monika Kaserer, Alpine skiing World Championship 1974 in St
- Monika Hamann, retired East German sprinter
- Monika Germann, former Swiss cross country skier
- Monika MacDonagh-Pajerová, chairperson of the pro-European organization ANO pro Evropu and lecturer at New York University
- Monika Wołowiec, Polish skeleton racer who has competed since 2004
- Monika Schnarre, Canadian model, actress and television host
- Monika Dannemann, German figure skater and painter
- Monika Rosca, Polish former child actress and a current pianist
- Monika Niederstätter, former 400 m hurdler
- Monika Pyrek, retired Polish pole vaulter
- Monika Kaelin, model and actress
- Monika Zehrt, retired East German sprinter
- Monika Griefahn, is co-founder of Greenpeace Germany and a German politician of the SPD
- Monika Wagner, German curler
- Monika Ryniak, Polish politician
- Monika von Habsburg, Duchess de Santangelo
- Monika Brodka, She has since released 3 albums
- Monika Baumgartner, German television actress and theatre director
- Monika Kallies, German rower
- Monika Merl, : 2:00
- Monika van Paemel, Belgian writer
- Monika Cassens, German former badminton player
- Monika Pflug, former speed skater from Germany
- Monika Harms, German lawyer
- Monika Meyer, retired German football striker
- Monika Hertwig in Hitler's Children as
- Monika Kis in Nikolina & Tomislav, Nikolina & Tomislav as Actress
- Monika Kälin in Mädchen nach Mitternacht as Actress
- Monika Gruber in Eine ganz heiße Nummer as Actress
- Monika Hansen in In weiter Ferne, so nah! as Actress
- Monika Wipper in Anal Cougars as Actress
- Monika Romic in Vukovar, jedna prica as Actress
- Monika Ramirez in Bigfoot and Wildboy as Actress
- Monika Spruch in Sin City as Actress
- Monika Absolonová is a Czech singer and actress.
- Writer Monika Raebel, renowned for short Der Sieg
- Monika Brugger played the leading character of Lucia Cansino in 1967 action and adventure movie Wanted Johnny Texas.
- In 1973, Monika Dzienisiewicz-Olbrychska characterized the role of Agnieszka in drama movie Iluminacja.
- Monika Hetterle, from 1979 flick Mutter heiratet, who played the N.
- In 2000, Monika Hilmerová characterized the role of Grétka in drama and history flick Pramen zivota.
- In 1978 drama, romance flick, Cekání na dést, Monika Hálová played Pavlová dívka.
- Monika Lundi, from 1972 comedy and drama film Grün ist die Heide, who played Ursula.
- Monika Rak, from 1991 drama movie Tre giorni d'amore, who played the Cinderella.
- Monika Ringwald, from 1976 comedy, romance film Intimate Games, who played the Secretary.
- In 1988 adventure and family movie, Pan Kleks w kosmosie, Monika Sapilak portrayed Agnieszka.
- In 1970 film, Dornwittchen und Schneeröschen, Monika Strauch portrayed Dornröschen .
- Monika Zigová, from 1984 crime, drama film Radikální rez, who characterized Naha.
- Monika Zinnenberg, from 1970 drama, thriller film Mädchen mit Gewalt, who portrayed the N.
- In 1986 comedy, romance flick, Slané cukríky, Monika Horáková characterized Vlasta Sláviková.
- In 2018, Monika Biciunaite portrayed the role of Jadvyga in drama flick Peledu kalnas.
- In drama film, Snowing!, Monika Posívalová played N.
- In 1965 movie, Terra incognita, Monika Tews played Helga Stüwe.
- In 2019 comedy and drama flick, Marynarz bez Lodzi, Monika Buchowiec played Stefcia.
- In 1985 drama flick, Alabama, Monika Alwasiak portrayed Monika.
- Monika Gaba characterized the important role of Kalini Mistry in 2014 action, crime movie The Spirit of Mumbai.
- Monika Munoz played significant character of Angelica Valdez in 2016 comedy and drama flick Una Noche En Mexico.
Lists having Monika
- Biblical Girl Names
- Girl names beginning with M
- American Girl Names
- Czech Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- German Girl Names
- Greek Girl Names
- Latin Girl Names
- Latvian Girl Names
- Lithuanian Girl Names
- Polish Girl Names
- Slavic Girl Names
- Danish Girl Names
- Finnish Girl Names
- Hindi Girl Names
- Bengali Girl Names
- Gujarati Girl Names
- Kannada Girl Names
- Malayalam Girl Names
- Marathi Girl Names
- Sindhi Girl Names
- Tamil Girl Names
- Telugu Girl Names
- Norwegian Girl Names
- Swedish Girl Names
- Indian Girl Names
- Girl names that ends with -nika
- Girl names that starts with Mon
- Baby Names that mean Wise
- Baby Names that mean Counsellor
- Baby Names that mean Warn
- Baby Names that mean Alone
- Baby Names that mean Counsel
- Baby Names that mean Advisor