Mona meaning and origin
Famed and Ever lasting unisex name Mona means "Solitary, Adviser, Nun, Wish, Desire, Aristocratic, Individual, Little, Giver or Single" which is used mostly in Scandinavian, German, Sanskrit, Tamil, Gujarati, Oriya, Marathi, Kannada, Hindi, English, Malayalam, Telugu, Arabic and Bengali is originated from Arabic, Irish, Celtic, Greek and Latin. Mona is variation of frequently used and biblical Monique. Monique is variant form of biblical, preeminent and timeless Monica. Monique is French equivalent of Monika. Also Monique is French equivalent of Monika. Monique means Single and Monk has its origin in Greek and Old Greek. Mona is a short of Monika. Monika is a version of MoniqueMonica. Predominant and Perennial Scandinavian and Latin Monika, meaning of Monika is "To Warn, to Advise, to Remind and Admonish, Exhort". Mona is equivalent of Mona that is usedforeign in Welsh language. It is celebrated on August 27th.
Variants of Mona
View middle names that goes with Mona like Nataly, Holly, Julia, Jenifer, Jimena, Aileen,Names that rhyme with Mona
Popularity of Mona
Mona was a popular name in United States. Over 45166 babies have been named Mona since 1880. When at its peak in 1950, the moniker grabbed the 230th spot and 1233 baby girls were given the name. However after 145 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Additionally, the given name has been in the top 500 baby names an astounding 92 times A common name in France having over 5037 recievers in 77 years of usage. At present the moniker is on a rise, in 2000, 178 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 291st position. Also, Mona is common in Belgium where over 1709 new-borns have been given the name since 1995. At present peaked at the charts, it ranked 48th when 146 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls.
Mona is a familiar baby name in Switzerland, it has been in use since 1998 and was able to reach the top 200 names. In 2008, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 125 on girl names chart when 55 babies were given the name Mona. Over 752 babies in Switzerland have been named Mona. The given name is a unique baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1996 and was able to reach the top 2000 names. In 2008, it ranked 1065th when 28 girls were named Mona. Over 346 people have been named Mona in England and Wales.
However things change on global perspective, Mona is extremely popular in Egypt where every 1 in 200 have the name as well as in, Sudan, Iraq and Yemen. Also the baby name is popular in India, Iran, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Lebanon, Palestine, Sweden, Eritrea, Libya, Norway, Tunisia, Kuwait, Philippines, United Arab Emirates, Indonesia, Haiti, Canada, Pakistan, Denmark, Morocco, Germany, Oman, England and Bangladesh. According to our findings, over 1940000 babies have been named Mona globally.
Mona in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Mona
Push yourself but not others who clearly don't like to be pushed but enjoy their comfort zone. You are an active person but lack motivation and persistence to finish goals. You are a good listener and friend. You are the most passionate partner your lovers have ever had. You are a guardian angel for life for those loyal to you. Good things don't just fall from the sky. You have to earn them. You know this.
Go through the following names similar to Mona
- Nailah - Uncustomary Nailah dominantly is used in Arabic and Arabic is a unisex name, meaning of Nailah is "Poet or One who Succeeds" is rooted from Arabic
- Sulaima - Meaning of Sulaima is Beloved or Diminutive of Salma is largely used in Arabic and Arabic is used for both genders
- Huseyn - Boy name Huseyn means "Beautiful or Good" which originated from Arabic is used primarily in Azerbaijani and Arabic
- Rahmah - Specifically used in Arabic and Arabic outlandish, Rahmah is used as a gender-neutral name, meaning of Rahmah is "Compassion or Full of Mercy"
- Ahilya prevalently is used in Telugu, Malayalam and Sanskrit is rooted from Sanskrit used as a girl name, meaning of Ahilya is "Maiden"
Namesakes of Mona
- Mona Van Duyn, American poet
- Mona Juul, official
- Mona May Karff, American competitive chess player
- Mona Tyndall, Sister Dr
- Mona Caird, English novelist and essayist
- Mona Fitzalan-Howard, 11th Baroness Beaumont, British peer
- Mona Steigauf, retired German heptathlete
- Mona Mur, vocalist, composer and audio designer
- Mona Jönsson, Swedish Green Party politician
- Mona Simpson, American novelist
- Mona Sahlin, Swedish politician
- Mona Best, British music club proprietor
- Mona Hatoum, Palestinian multimedia and installation artist
- Mona Eltahawy, freelance Egyptian-American journalist
- Mona Charen, American columnist, political analyst, and author
- Mona Freeman, American actress and painter
- Mona Darkfeather, American actress
- Mona Marshall, American voice actress known for her work
- Mona Grudt, Norwegian TV Host, dancer
- Mona Hammond, Jamaican-born actress of Chinese descent and co-founder of the Talawa Theatre Company
- Mona Røkke, Norwegian and politician for the Conservative Party
- Mona Washbourne, English actress of stage, film, and television
- Mona Barrie, English-born actress
- Mona Zaki, Egyptian actress
- Mona Maris, Argentine film actress from Buenos Aires
- Mona Rico, Mexican-born American actress
- Mona Lisa, American pop and R&B singer-songwriter, actress
- Mona Ray, American stage and screen comedian / actress
- Mona Vasquez, former Scientologist
- Mona Johannesson, Swedish model
- Mona Singh, Indian actress and television presenter
- Mona von Bismarck, American socialite
- Mona Zandi Haghighi, Iranian film director
- Mona Hofland, Norwegian actress of theatre and television
- Mona Rudao, son of a chief of the Seediq tribe of Taiwanese aborigines
- Mona Nemer, Lebanese Canadian scientist specializing
- Mona Malm, Swedish film, stage, and television actress
- Mona Mahmudnizhad, Iranian Bahá'í who
- Mona Yamamoto,
- Mona Siddiqui, OBE, FRSE
- Mona Burgin, teacher and active in the Girl Guiding movement
- Mona Miller in L.A. as Actress
- Mona Brown in Shadows Light as Actress
- Mona Lisa Moon in Birdemic: Shock and Terror as Actress
- Mona Bruns in Another World as Actress
- Mona C. Vasiloiu in Retro Puppet Master as Producer
- Mona Albert is well-known for her acting in movie Johnny Montana
- In 2000, Mona Davoudnejad characterized the role of N In movie Behesht az ane to.
- Mona Geijer-Falkner, from 1960 comedy movie Åsa-Nisse som polis, who portrayed Kristin.
- Mona Goya, from 1936 mystery movie Juggernaut, who played the Yvonne Clifford.
- In 2018, Mona Lee Fultz played the role of Ms. Johnson in horror film Virgin Cheerleaders in Chains.
- Mona Matteo characterized crucial character of Wilma Calyton in 1995 drama, sci-fi movie Johnny Shortwave.
- Mona McKinnon, from 1959 horror, sci-fi film Plan 9 from Outer Space, who played Paula Trent.
- In 1950, Mona Monick played the role of Monique Limoux in comedy movie Coeur-sur-Mer.
- Mona Mårtenson portrayed central character of Nina in 1928 drama, romance movie Viddenes folk.
- Mona Palma portrayed the main role of Dotty Sinclair in 1926 comedy and romance film Fascinating Youth.
- In 2001, Mona Reffitt played the role of Kathy in film Closure.
- Mona Sem portrayed small role of Constance Bonacieux in 1934 comedy movie Les quatre mousquetaires.
- In 1973 crime, drama flick, Wajh Al Akhar Lil Hub, Mona Wassef played N.
- Mona Ambegaonkar played significant character of ACP Nisha Velankar in 1999 adventure and mystery flick Bindhaast.
- In 1972, Mona Liza Arbi portrayed the role of N in crime, drama movie To emporio tis amartias.
- In 2009, Mona Eadington portrayed the role of Brittany in horror flick The Hog.
- In 1989, Mona Abdel Ghani characterized the role of Soad in drama, romance film El Mealema Samah.
- In 1917, Mona Gondré played the role of Chrétien - as a child in drama movie Le coupable.
- Mona Shetty, from 2005 animation movie Hanuman, who characterized Sita.
- In 2009, Mona Grenne portrayed the role of N in drama movie Sammen.
Lists having Mona
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with M
- Girls names beginning with M
- Arabic Baby Names
- American Baby Names
- Celtic Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Irish Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Sanskrit Baby Names
- Bengali Baby Names
- Gujarati Baby Names
- Kannada Baby Names
- Malayalam Baby Names
- Marathi Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Telugu Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Boy names that starts with Mon
- Girl names that ends with -ona
- Popular Girl Names in Belgium (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in Norway (1966)
- Baby Names that mean Adviser
- Baby Names that mean Wish
- Baby Names that mean Desire
- Baby Names that mean Aristocratic
- Baby Names that mean Little
- Baby Names that mean Giver
- Baby Names that mean Lady
- Baby Names that mean Alone
- Baby Names that mean Wise
- Baby Names that mean Guardian
- Baby Names that mean Helmet
- Baby Names that mean Protection
- Baby Names that mean One
- Baby Names that mean Noble
- Baby Names that mean God
- Baby Names that mean Warn