Penelope meaning and origin
Lofty and All time favorite unisex name Penelope means "A Penelope, Wife of Odysseys, White Shoulder, Fionnula, Dream Weaver, Duck, Hard Working or Penelops", principally used in Norwegian, English, Finnish, Swedish, Greek, Danish and German has origin in Old Greek. Penelope is equivalent of Πηνελοπη, a Greek Name Possibly Derived from Greek Πηνελοψ = Duck in Latin language.
Variants of Penelope
View middle names that goes with Penelope like Isadore, Xian, Janine, Aspen, Tracie, Jodie,Names that rhyme with Penelope
Popularity of Penelope
a very popular name in United States having over 65601 recievers in 129 years of usage. When at its peak in 2017, 6639 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 24th position. Moreover, the name has been to the top 50 baby names 5 times Also, a popular name in England and Wales having over 6243 recievers in 23 years of usage. Presently at its peak, the moniker grabbed the 48th spot and 1068 baby girls were given the name. Additionally, the name has been in the top 50 baby names 1 times
In France, Penelope was once a common name since emerging in 1949 it has been given to over 3217 babies. At its zenith in 2007,. However after 57 years, the name is on free fall on the charts. Also, A common name in New South Wales having over 2017 recievers in 21 years of usage. Currently the name is hotter than ever, the moniker grabbed the 47th spot and 138 baby girls were given the name. Also, Penelope is common in Queensland where over 617 new-borns have been given the name since 2013. Presently the moniker is on a rise, in 2019, it ranked 33rd when 124 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Also, In Victoria, Penelope was once a common name since emerging in 2013 it has been given to over 543 babies. At the peak of its usage in 2017,. After 7 years, the name has past its prime.
Penelope is a unique baby name in Ireland, it has been in use since 1964 and was able to reach the top 200 names. Recently in 2019, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 119 on girl names chart when 46 babies were named Penelope. Over 291 people have been named Penelope in Ireland. Also, in Western Australia, in just 1 years, it has made it to the top 100 names. Recently in 2019, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 38 on girl names chart when 49 babies were named Penelope.
Penelope is an uncommon baby name in Switzerland, even after 21 years of presence it could not make beyond the top 600. Over 107 people have been named Penelope in Switzerland. It also recently appeared in Belgium baby girl names chart. Penelope is a rare baby name in Western Australia where it is still in use. But Penelope is a popular baby name in England where every 1 in 3000 have the name as well as in South Africa. At least, 80000 people globally have been given the name as per our evaluation.
Penelope in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological analysis of Penelope
Expression number 7 reveals your disrespect for people who gossip, lie and have no special purpose in life. Having vowel E as your first one in your name represents your sensitivity. You live to inspire and energize people because you know how it is when you have no role model to look up to. You are a born teacher, philosopher, educator, or researcher. When it comes to life goals, you are cautious and always plan precisely your next steps.
Looking for names similar to Penelope? Please go through the following names
- Stefanas - Of Old Greek origin, Stefanas means "The Crowned and Crowned" is a baby boy name. Stefanas is derivation of Stephen.
- Tephanie - Tephanie's meaning is Appearance of God and Manifestation of God is originated from Old Greek and is used chiefly in English is used for girls. Tephanie is resulted from Tiffany.
- Taïssa - The Taïssa is originated from Old Greek, Taïssa means "A Kind of Headband"
- Nerida means Sea Sprite, Daughter of Nereus or Nymph is of Old Greek and Welsh origin and is prevalently used in English is used as a girl name
- Tobie - Dominantly used in Norwegian and French durable and widespread, Tobie is rooted from Hebrew and Greek and is bestowed upon both genders, meaning of Tobie is "Abbreviation of the Hebrew Name Tobiah, Yahweh is Good or The Lord is Good"
Namesakes of Penelope
- Penelope Delta, Greek author of teenage literature
- Penelope Tree, English former fashion model prominent
- Penelope Houston, English film critic and journal editor
- Penelope Aubin, English novelist, poet, and translator
- Penelope Farmer, English fiction writer well
- Penelope Maddy, American philosopher
- Penelope Keith, English actress, active
- Penelope Wilton, English actor
- Penelope Spheeris, American film director, producer and screenwriter
- Penelope Fitzgerald, English Booker Prize-winning novelist, poet
- Penelope Rosemont, a visual artist, writer, publisher
- Penelope Ann Miller, American actress
- Penelope Coelen, South African actress
- Penelope Blount, Countess of Devonshire, English court office holder
- Penelope Heyns, South African former swimmer
- Penelope Lively, British writer of fiction for both children and adults
- Penelope Blackmore, retired Australian rhythmic gymnast
- Penelope Leach, British psychologist
- Penelope Milford, American stage and screen actress
- Penelope Sudrow, American actress
- Penelope Windust, American television, film, and stage actress
- Penelope Dudley-Ward, English actress
- Penelope Kenny, was executed by hanging for the murder of her child
- Penelope Plummer, Australian actress, model and beauty queen
- Penelope Houston, American singer-songwriter best known as the singer for the San Francisco-based punk rock band the Avengers
- Penelope Mortimer, Welsh-born English journalist, biographer
- Penelope Gilliatt, English novelist, short story writer, screenwriter
- Penelope Corrin, Canadian actress and writer
- Penelope Schott, feminist poet and former professor of English at Raritan Valley Community College and Rutgers University
- Penelope Fillon, wife of French politician and former Prime Minister of France François Fillon
- In 1975, Penelope Allen characterized the role of Sylvia in biography and crime film Dog Day Afternoon.
- Penelope Horner characterized pivotal character of Anne Rider or English Version in 1961 crime and drama flick Das Geheimnis der gelben Narzissen.
- In 1936 musical movie, Beloved Impostor, Penelope Parkes portrayed Connie.
- In 1986 comedy, drama flick, Epangelma: Gynaika, Penelope Pitsouli characterized Marika.
- Penelope Reed characterized the central role of Tashi in 1986 action and adventure flick Amazons.
- In 2009 drama and mystery movie, Fugue, Penelope Andrews characterized Sara.
- Penelope Lagos portrayed leading role of Brooke Lynne Monroe in 2011 comedy flick Stuck in the Middle.
Lists having Penelope
- Boys names beginning with P
- Girls names beginning with P
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- German Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Popular Girl Names in United States (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in England & Wales (2018)
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (2019)
- Popular Girl Names in Victoria (2019)
- Baby Names that mean Wife
- Baby Names that mean White
- Baby Names that mean Dream
- Baby Names that mean Hard
- Baby Names that mean Working