Nellie name meaning
What does Nellie mean?
Dominant and All time favorite Old Greek, Old English, Old Provençal, Latin and Greek Nellie is used as a gender-neutral name which is especially used in Norwegian, English, Danish, Swedish and Finnish, meaning of Nellie is "Shining Light, Eleanor, Most Beautiful Woman, Diminutive of or Sun Burst". Nellie is variant form of timeless and preeminent Nell. Nell is variation of durable and darling Eleanor. Also Nell is variant form of eternal and illustrous Helen. Nell is English equivalent of Nelli. Nell means Torch and Sun Ray has its origin in Old Provençal and Greek. Nellie is form of timeless and commonly accepted Cornelia. Cornelia is derivative of Corneille. Cornelia is effeminate variant of Cornelius. Cornelia's meaning is Cornu Which Means Horn, War Horn and Raven is rooted from Latin. Nellie is variation of frequently used and ceaseless Helen. Helen is English cognate of Helene. Helen means Basket, Shining Light and Sun Ray is rooted from Old Greek and English. Nellie is variant form of long standing and celebrated Penelope. Penelope is Latin cognate of Πηνελοπη, a Greek Name Possibly Derived from Greek Πηνελοψ = Duck. Prevailing and Conifer Penelope has its origin in Old Greek, Penelope means "Fionnula, Wife of Odysseys and White Shoulder". Nellie is a version of desirable and venerable Ellen. Ellen is a version of HelenHelen. Also Ellen is variant form of durable and noteworthy Eleonora. Ellen is also variant form of Its Variants. Ellen is also form of unfading and renowned Helene. Ellen is also variation of biblical and famed Gabriella. Ellen is equivalent of Helene in English language. Also Ellen is Norwegian cognate of Ellend. Widespread and Ceaseless Ellen has its origin in Old Provençal and Old Greek, Ellen means "The Torch and Variant of Helen". Nellie is variation of imperishable and admired Eleanor. Eleanor is derivation of Helen. Eleanor is form of Eleonora in English language. Eminent and Ever lasting Eleanor's origin is Old Greek and Old Provençal, meaning of Eleanor is "Torch and Light". Nellie is form of Nelly in English language. The name is celebrated on October 26th.
How do I pronounce Nellie?
The two syllabled name Nellie is pronounced, n(el)-lie.
Variants of Nellie
Nelie, Cornelia, Eleanor, Ellen, Helen, Nell, Penelope, Nelia, Cornelius, Carnelia, Cornelie, Conny, Alienor, Eleonora, Aleanor, Aline, Helene, Gabriella, Ellend, Elen, Eline, Maryellen, Ellenmarie, Eileen, Elle, Leona, Ilene, Helenmarie, Nelli, Lanell, Neli, Jenell, Lopa, Nelly, Nelson, YaneliNames that rhyme with Nellie
How popular is the name Nellie?
Nellie is a popular in United States where over 150155 new-borns have been given the name since 1880. Currently the name is rising, in 1881, 4048 girls were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 14th position. Additionally, the moniker has been in the top 50 baby names 29 times Also, a popular name in Sweden having over 4505 recievers in 12 years of usage. Currently the name is rising, in 2007, it ranked 13rd when 675 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Additionally, the given name has been in the top 50 baby names 8 times
A common name in England and Wales having over 1230 recievers in 21 years of usage. Presently peaking at the charts, the moniker grabbed the 180th spot and 291 baby girls were given the name. Nellie is a unique baby name in France, it has been in use since 1900 and was able to reach the top 500 names. In 1946, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 494 on girl names chart when 26 babies were named Nellie. Over 798 babies in France have been named Nellie.
Nellie is an uncommon baby name in Ireland where it is still in use. Nellie is a rare baby name in Belgium where it is still in use. But Nellie is a popular baby name in Malawi where every 1 in 1000 have the name as well as in, England, South Africa and Philippines. At least, 150000 people globally have been given the name as per our research.
Nellie in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Nellie?
Forgive in order to receive forgiveness. What makes you happy is seeing a person trying to expose their true personality instead of pretending to be something they're not. Let go of your past before it ruins your future because your future is bright. You are a good listener, and always give the best advice, especially when it comes to relationships. You need to acquire personal independence and hit the road of success.
Parents who liked Nellie, loved these names
- Loriane - Mostly used in French and English rarefied, Loriane means "Laurel" has its origin in Latin and English-American is a baby girl name
- Julisa - Frequently Used Julisa is used in Spanish and English came from English-American and Latin and a baby girl name, Julisa means "Dedicated to Jupiter"
- Vincenza - Used specifically in Italian eternal and prevalent, Vincenza means "The Winning or Victor" has its roots in Latin is used as a girl name
- Valesca - Of Latin origin, Valesca is mainly used in Polish and English and is bestowed upon baby girls, Valesca means "The Strong or The Healthy"
- Biago - Origin of Biago is in Latin is used as a baby boy name, meaning of Biago is "Lisping" is specifically used in Italian
Middle names for Nellie
These are the well-liked and familiar middle names that we love for the name Nellie.
View more middle names that goes with Nellie.
Famous people named Nellie
- Nellie Melba, Australian operatic soprano
- Nellie Cornish, pianist, teacher, writer
- Nellie Morrow Parker, first African American school teacher
- Nellie Unthank, Mormon pioneer, Utah settler
- Nellie Briercliffe, English singer and actress best
- Nellie Stewart, Australian actress and singer
- Nellie Halstead, English track and field athlete
- Nellie Sengupta, Englishwoman who fought for Indian Independence
- Nellie Y. McKay, American academic and author
- Nellie Dale, British school teacher
- Nellie Shabalala, wife of Ladysmith Black Mambazo leader and founder
- Nellie Farren, English actress and singer best
- Nellie Neilson, American historian
- Nellie Tayloe Ross, American politician
- Nellie Bly, American journalist
- Nellie McClung, Canadian suffragette, politician, author
- Nellie Fox, American professional baseball player
- Nellie McKay, British-American singer and songwriter
- Nellie Lutcher, African-American R&B and jazz singer and pianist
- Nellie Cashman, became noted across the American West and in western Canada as a nurse, restaurateur
- Nellie Kim, retired Tajik gymnast
- Nellie Stockbridge, early Idaho frontier mining district photographer
- Nellie Pou, (born May 20, 1956
- Nellie Cournoyea, Canadian politician
- Nellie Bellflower, American actress and voice artist
- Nellie Connally, First Lady of Texas from 1963 to 1969
- Nellie Grant, third child and only daughter of U.S. President Ulysses S. Grant and First Lady Julia Grant
- Nellie Oleson, fictional character
- Nellie Walker, American sculptor best
- Nellie Wong, poet and activist for feminist and socialist causes
- Nellie Jane DeWitt, sixth and final Superintendent of the Navy Nurse Corps and became its first Director
- Nellie Pierce in Timeless as Actress
- Nellie Adams in Things to Do in Denver When You're Dead as Miscellaneous Crew
- Nellie Ann Prestine-Lowery in The Amazing Spider-Man as Art Department
- Nellie Campbell in Miles as Actress
- Nellie Gonzalez in Episode #1.7 as Producer
- Nellie Daniels in Escanaba in da Moonlight as Actress
- Nellie Benner in Vlees as Actress
- Nellie Burt in The Guests as Actress
- Nellie McQuinn in Lesbian Vampire Killers as Actress
- Nellie Bly Baker acted in movie The Salvation Hunters
- Nellie Allen portrayed the small role of Bertha Schriver in 1917 crime and drama movie The Phantom's Secret.
- Nellie Anderson portrayed the small role of Mrs. Larrymore in 1919 comedy, romance film Castles in the Air.
- Nellie Barnes characterized the vital role of Judy Cross in 1936 crime and drama movie Thoroughbred.
- Nellie Hutin Britton, from 1923 fantasy film The Wandering Jew, who portrayed Judith.
- Nellie Ferguson portrayed pivotal character of N in 1926 drama, thriller flick The Sealed Room.
- Nellie Hill, from 1941 comedy and crime film Murder with Music, who played the Lola.
- In 1912, Nellie Kemberman characterized the role of Stephanie in drama movie The Midnight Wedding.
- Nellie Lindrith, from 1917 comedy film At First Sight, who characterized the Mrs. chaffin.
- In 1922 comedy, drama flick, Watch Him Step, Nellie Peck Saunders portrayed Mrs. John Travers.
- Nellie Savage, from 1927 film The Broadway Drifter, who played the Mignon Renee.
- Nellie Slattery characterized the main character of Baroness Maxine in 1917 comedy, drama film A Royal Romance.
- Nellie Parker Spaulding portrayed significant role of Caroline Marshall in 1920 comedy, romance flick Good References.
- In 1920 comedy flick, The Golden Pippin Girl, Nellie Wallace characterized N.
- In 1917, Nellie Spencer portrayed the role of N in film The Coming Out of Maggie.
- In 1921 film, The Guyra Ghost Mystery, Nellie Regan characterized N.
Lists having Nellie
- Boys names beginning with N
- Girls names beginning with N
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that ends with -lie
- Popular Girl Names in United States (1925)
- Popular Girl Names in Sweden (2018)
- Baby Names that mean Shining
- Baby Names that mean Light
- Baby Names that mean Eleanor
- Baby Names that mean Beautiful
- Baby Names that mean Woman
- Baby Names that mean Greek
- Baby Names that mean Bright
- Baby Names that mean One
- Baby Names that mean Horn
- Baby Names that mean Yellow
- Baby Names that mean Sun
- Baby Names that mean Ray
- Baby Names that mean Torch
- Baby Names that mean Moon
- Baby Names that mean Elope
- Baby Names that mean Burst