Shania name meaning
What does Shania mean?
Of Yiddish, Ojibway, American-Ojibwa and Native origin, Cherished Shania means "I'm on My Way, Beautiful or I Am on My Way", predominantly used in Kannada, Bengali, Telugu, Tamil, English, Marathi, Oriya, Malayalam, Gujarati and Hindi is given to girls. Shania is variant of acclaimed Shaina. Shaina means The Beautiful, The Element Shain Which is of the Meaning Beautiful and Happiness is of Yiddish origin. Shania is variant form of predominant and biblical Shane. Shane is form of desirable Shan. Also Shane is a version of Shanahan. Shane is a feminine version of Sean. Prevalent Shane is originated from Hebrew, Gaelic and Irish is prevalently used in Irish and English, Shane means "Yahweh is Gracious".
How do I pronounce Shania?
The one syllabled name Shania is pronounced, shan-EYE-a. There should be emphasis on second EYE syllable while speaking. The other ways to say the name is sh(a)-nia.
Variants of Shania
Shainya, Shaina, Shane, Shainah, Jehanne, Ieuan, Johanan, Shan, Shanahan, Lashay, Jeanne, Johanna, Ivan, John, Johannes, Hanan, Shahn, Shana, Sean, Shandy, Seanachan, Lashai
View middle names that goes with Shania like Noda, Violetta,Names that rhyme with Shania
How popular is the name Shania?
Shania is a popular name in United States given to over 15193 babies in 49 years. Currently the name is rising, in 1996, the moniker grabbed the 171st spot and 1835 baby girls were given the name. In addition to that, the name has been in the top 500 baby names 12 times Shania used to be a common name in England and Wales, first appeared in 1996 and over 2811 babies have been given the name in 23 years. When at the peak of its usage in 2000,. However after 23 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts. Also, Shania used to be a common name in New South Wales, first appeared in 1997 and over 296 babies have been given the name in 3 years. At the peak of its usage in 1998,. After 3 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts.
Shania is a familiar baby name in France, it has been in use since 1998 and was able to reach the top 600 names. In 2000, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 526 on girl names chart when 79 babies were named Shania. Over 546 babies in France have been named Shania. Also, in Belgium, the name has been in use since 1998 and has secured the place in top 200 names. In 2003, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 101 on girl names chart when 93 babies were given the name Shania. Over 624 babies in Belgium have been named Shania. Also, during its short run of just 4 years in Queensland, it had made it to the top 100 names. In 1998, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 50 on girl names chart when 76 babies were given the name Shania. There are over 273 babies that have been given the name Shania in Queensland.
Shania is a unique baby name in Ireland, it has been in use since 1995 and was able to reach the top 200 names. In 2000, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 143 on girl names chart when 28 babies were named Shania. Over 245 babies in Ireland have been named Shania. The given name is a common name in Bangladesh while somewhat familiar name in India, Indonesia, Uganda, Malawi, Pakistan, Tanzania and Kenya. According to our evaluation, over 10000 babies have been named Shania globally.
Shania in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological analysis of Shania
Set up a positive mindset and enjoy. You want to know how everything works, how everything was created. You prefer originality and hard work instead of taking the easier road to success. Focus on your dreams and create the life you always imagined for yourself. You try to teach others to follow your example and work hard on their dreams but they ignore you, thinking you are losing time. Appreciate your time on this earth. Invest it in the right place.
Do you like Shania? Read these names too
- Myrtis - The popular and quaint unisex name Myrtis is used notably in Swedish and English, Myrtis means "Evergreen Shrub, An Aromatic or Myrtle" is rooted from English. On baby girl names chart, prevalent Myrtis reached 469th position in 1921 in United States
- Aurelia - Principally used in Danish and Finnish durable and celebrated, Aurelia has its origin in Latin and a girl name, meaning of Aurelia is "Golden-Haired, Aureus Which Means Golden or Golden"
- Judah - Judah's meaning is Praised or Praised He who is Praised is a gender insensitive name specifically used in Danish, Finnish and Swedish came from Hebrew
- Almon - Commonly Accepted and Conifer Almon has its origin in Hebrew, Almon means "Forsaken a Widower" and is particulary used in English is used as a gender-neutral name
- Hugo - The popular and venerable unisex name Hugo is originated from Old High German and Germanic and is used in Latin and Dutch languages, Hugo means "Heart or Spirit"
Famous people named Shania
- Shania Twain, Canadian singer and songwriter
- Shania Accius in Boogie Toasties as Actress
Lists having Shania
- Girl names beginning with S
- American Girl Names
- English Girl Names
- Yiddish Girl Names
- Hindi Girl Names
- Bengali Girl Names
- Gujarati Girl Names
- Kannada Girl Names
- Malayalam Girl Names
- Marathi Girl Names
- Tamil Girl Names
- Telugu Girl Names
- Indian Girl Names
- Girl names that starts with Shan
- Girl names that ends with -nia
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (1999)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (2000)
- Baby Names that mean Beautiful