Walker name meaning
On This Page
What does Walker mean?
Walker means Fuller, Cloth Washer, Occupational Name, Cloth-walker, Roll or Muffle Up is predominantly used in English and is given to both sexes is originated from Old English.
Does Walker sound like a good baby name?
Walker is a unique and modern baby name that has been gaining popularity over the years. The name is of British origin and means "to walk; tread," which makes it perfect for parents who want to give their child a name that conveys strength and independence.
One of the specialities of the name Walker is that it is gender-neutral, making it a great option for both boys and girls. Another speciality of this name is its association with nature, as walking is an activity that many people enjoy doing in the great outdoors.
Overall, Walker is a wonderful name that combines tradition and innovation, and it's sure to make any child feel special and unique.
How do I pronounce Walker?
wa(l)-ker is the most common way to pronounce two syllabled Walker.
Variants of WalkerNames that rhyme with Walker
How popular is the name Walker?
Walker is a popular in United States where over 25334 new-borns have been given the name since 1880. At present peaked at the charts, 1332 boys were bestowed the name and it was ranked at 266th position.
Additionally, the given name has been in the top 500 baby names an astonishing 55 times Walker is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales where it is still in use.
Walker is a common name in Brazil while somewhat familiar name in Peru, Ghana, DR Congo, Bolivia, Malawi, Canada, Haiti, Liberia, Zimbabwe, China, England and Zambia. According to our evaluation, at least 20000 people have been bestowed Walker around the globe.
What numerology tells about Walker?
When it comes to your job, you are always the one with a new idea to present. You have a powerful appearance. You always make the best entrance, no matter where you appear. You like to establish deep connections for life rather than just hang around with different people all the time. You are self-reliant, self-motivated and persistent. You have to pay attention to your surroundings and the people you hang out with.
Other names similar to Walker, for soon-to-be-parents
- Damon - Persistent and Frequently Used Damon majorly is used in Icelandic, Norwegian and Finnish is a gender-neutral name, meaning of Damon is "Spirit, The Element Daman Meaning to Tame to Subdue to Kill or Tamer" has origin in Old Greek and Latin. On list of baby boy names, illustrous Damon was spotted at 427th position in 2018 in United States
- Carrol - Admired and Perennial unisex name Carrol is mostly used in Romanian, Carrol means "Husband, Song of Joy and Man" has its origin in Germanic. Carrol is a variant transcription of Carol.
- Alvah - Origin of Darling and Perpetual Alvah is in English and Hebrew is a gender-neutral name, meaning of Alvah is "Light Skinned or Sublime" is used in Arabic, Swedish and Danish
- Clint - Persistent and Illustrous Clint commonly is used in English aimed at both genders. Its origin is in Old English and Saxon, meaning of Clint is "Form of Clinton or White"
- Galen - Prevailing and Ceaseless Galen has its origin in English and Old Greek, Galen means "Healer or The Element Galene Meaning Calm" used as a gender-neutral name is used in English and Old SwedishOld DanishFinnish
Middle names for Walker
There are many mushrooming and famous middle names that are commonly paired with Walker.
View more middle names that goes with Walker.
Famous people named Walker
- Walker Hancock, American sculptor and teacher
- Walker Wainwright, English first-class cricketer,
- Walker Smith, English first-class cricketer
- Walker Howard, American actor
- Walker Lee Cisler, noted American engineer, business executive
- Walker Percy, Obl
- Walker Evans, American photographer and photojournalist best
- Walker Keith Armistead, military officer
- Walker Cooper, American professional baseball player
- Walker Evans, Off-road Motorsports Hall of Fame driver
- Walker Brooke, American politician
- Walker Powell, Canadian businessman
- Walker Edmiston, American actor and voice actor
- Walker Russell, Walker D. Russell Sr
- Walker Lee Ashley, retired American football linebacker
- Walker Lewis, early African-American abolitionist, Freemason
- Walker Gillette, former American football wide receiver
- Walker Connor, was Distinguished Visiting Professor of Political Science at Middlebury College
- Walker Banks, Walker Burrell Banks Jr
- Actor Walker Boone, known for movie The Last Chase
Lists having Walker
- Boys names beginning with W
- Girls names beginning with W
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Popular English Boy Names
- Baby Names that mean Cloth
- Baby Names that mean One