Tennyson name meaning
What does Tennyson mean?
Uncommon unisex name Tennyson has origin in Old Greek and English predominantly used in English language, meaning of Tennyson is "Son of Dennis". Tennyson is variant form of illustrous, durable and pious Dennis. Dennis is variant of prevalent and ceaseless Denis. Dennis is English equivalent of Denis. Also Dennis is English equivalent of Dionysius. Dennis means God of the Vine and Follower of Dionysius has origin in Old Greek.
How do I pronounce Tennyson?
You can pronounce the three syllabled name Tennyson as t(e)-nny-son.
Variants of Tennyson
Dennis, Dionysios, Dionysius, Denis, Dainis, Dionys, Dion
How popular is the name Tennyson?
Tennyson is a unique baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1913 and was able to reach the top 3000 names. In 1915, it ranked 2184th when 48 boys were named Tennyson. There are over 1279 babies that have been given the name Tennyson in United States. Tennyson is an uncommon baby name in England and Wales where it is still in use. Tennyson is a common name in Zimbabwe while somewhat familiar name in Nigeria, South Africa, Brazil, India, Zambia, Malawi, Canada and Jamaica. At least, 4000 people globally have carried Tennyson as their given name according to our findings.
Here's what numbers has to say about Tennyson
You are creative and free-spirited. People have a hard time figuring you out but once they do, they see you are kind-hearted and try to take advantage of your naivety. Achieving inner peace and harmony in life is what's most important to you. When it comes to love, be more open with your partner. You stay true to your opinion and beliefs. It's like you never get angry and anything can piss you off.
Do you like Tennyson? Read these names too
- Coralise - Originated from Greek, Coralise means "Girl of the Sea"
- Démétrius means Earth-Lover is originated from Greek
- Mélyn - Mélyn's meaning is Brown or Black is rooted from Greek
- Myosotis has its origin in Greek, Myosotis means "Mouse Ear"
- Girolamo - Anomalous Girolamos origin is Old Greek is mainly used in Italian, meaning of Girolamo is "Sacred Name" is aimed at baby boys
Middle names for Tennyson
Below are trending and admired middle names we think go particularly well with Tennyson:
View more middle names that goes with Tennyson.
Famous people named Tennyson
- Tennyson Bardwell, American film and TV commercial director and screenwriter
- Tennyson Guyer, member of the United States House of Representatives
- Tennyson Ferrada in TV series La madrastra as Actor
Lists having Tennyson
- Boys names beginning with T
- Girls names beginning with T
- American Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Greek Baby Names
- Girl names that starts with Ten
- Boy names that ends with -son
- Baby Names that mean Son