Dionys name meaning
What does Dionys mean?
Boy name Dionys is of Old Greek origin, Dionys means "Dedicated to Dionysos, God of the Vine or Of the God Dionysus Devotees" is commonly used in German and Greek. Dionys is variant of popular, ceaseless and sacred Dennis. Dennis is variant form of acclaimed and virtuous Denis. Dennis is English form of Denis. Also Dennis is English form of Dionysius. Dennis means Follower of Dionysius and Servant of has origin in Old Greek. Dionys is diminutive of Dionysius. Dionysius is version of lofty and virtuous Dennis. Dionysius is equivalent of Διονυσος, the Greek God of Wine, Fertility, Revelry;Dance in Greek and Latin languages. Dionysius's meaning is Dedicated to Dionysos and God Dionysus Sanctified is used in Swedish and Finnish came from Old Greek. The name is celebrated on October 9.
Variants of DionysNames that rhyme with Dionys
How popular is the name Dionys?
Dionys is an uncommon baby name in still in use in France. Also, Dionys is a familiar name in Germany, Dominican Republic, Venezuela and Switzerland. At least, 900 people globally have carried Dionys as their given name according to our findings.
Here's what numbers has to say about Dionys
Your friends enjoy your sarcasm and dark sense of humor. Due to your naivety, you are taken advantage of very often. If the letter D is your cornerstone, you are a determinate, but down to earth and self-reliant. You are an inspirational person who respects the rules and social restrictions. You are intuitive but never use your intuition when it comes to making important decisions in life. You sleep a lot because it's your way of escaping reality.
Other names similar to Dionys
- Zenaida - Substantially used in Faroese, Finnish and Spanish, Zenaida is used as a girl name is rooted from Old Greek. Zenaida is form of Ζηναις from the Greek God Zeus in Greek and Latin languages
- Polyzena - The girl name Polyzena is rooted from Old Greek, Polyzena means "Hospitable". Polyzena is a derivative of Polyxena.
- Maria-Angéla - Maria-Angéla means "Messenger or Princess of the Sea" came from Hebrew and Greek
- Grégon is originated from Greek, Grégon means "To Watch"
- Fania - Especially used in Arabic and Italian rarefied, Fania means "From France or Feminine of Francis" that of Italian and Old Greek origin is a baby girl name
Famous people named Dionys
- Dionys Burger, Dutch secondary school physics teacher and author of the novel 'Sphereland'
- Dionysis Papagiannopoulos in To kanoni kai t' aidoni as Actor
- Dionys Breukers composed the music of movie Amsterdam Global Village
- In 1978, Dionys Mascolo played the role of Le père de Barbara in comedy film Flammes.