Ab meaning and origin
Persistent and Predominant Old English, Germanic, Hebrew and Arabic Ab is a baby boy name. Ab is version of persistent and predominant Abbott. Commonly used in English persistent and predominant, Abbott, meaning of Abbott is "Father" is of Old English origin. Also. Ab is variation of Abbas.
Variants of AbNames that rhyme with Ab
Popularity of Ab
Ab is a unique baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1880 and was able to reach the top 900 names. In 1885, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 836 on boy names chart when 41 babies were named Ab. There are over 362 babies that have been given the name Ab in United States. But Ab is a popular baby name in India where every 1 in 100000 have the name as well as in Bangladesh. At least, 40000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our findings.
Here's what numbers has to say about Ab
You are a daydreamer who can spend hours of wandering your imaginative world. You are innovative and like to plan but enjoy when spontaneity kicks in. Giving up is never an option for you. Unrestricted lifestyle is your mark. You never come up with a plan to achieve something but make your way as you go. You are all about independence, and like to have your own possessions because you like to enjoy luxury but not at any prize.
If you like Ab, you would love these names
- Anah - Anah's meaning is Perseverance, Answer or Patience is principally used in German, English and Arabic that originated from Hebrew is used for both boys and girls
- Zakarie - Infrequent boy name Zakarie means "Father of John" which is rooted from Arabic and Hebrew is specifically used in Arabic and French
- Sadan - The uncommon and modern unisex name Sadan is used specifically in Hindi and Arabic, Sadan means "Happy or Fortunate"
- Faruk - Rare boy name Faruk has its origin in Arabic, meaning of Faruk is "Who Distinguishes the True from the False, Bless Full or Distinguisher (Between Right And Wrong)" is mostly used in Arabic and Turkish languages
- Seema - Meaning of Seema is Wave, Treasure or Symbol is majorly used in Tamil, Indian and Hindi and is used for both boys and girls has origin in Sanskrit
Namesakes of Ab
- Ab Tresling, Dutch field hockey player
- Ab Box, Canadian professional football halfback
- Ab McDonald, Canadian ice hockey forward
- Ab DeMarco, Albert George DeMarco, Sr
- Ab Klink, former Dutch politician of Christian Democratic Appeal
- Ab DeMarco Jr., Albert Thomas "Ab" DeMarco Jr
- Ab Jenkins, professional race car driver
- Actor Ab Abspoel, well-known for TV series De Brekers
- Ab Vegvary portrayed the significant role of Bill Grayston in 2012 action, drama movie Agent Provocateur.
Lists having Ab
- Boy names beginning with A
- Arabic Boy Names
- American Boy Names
- English Boy Names
- German Boy Names
- Hebrew Boy Names
- Baby Names that mean Lion
- Baby Names that mean Looking
- Baby Names that mean One
- Baby Names that mean Family
- Baby Names that mean Severe
- Baby Names that mean Father