Adil name meaning
On This Page
What does Adil mean?
Unwonted Adil has its origin in Arabic, Adil means "Sincere, Just, Fair, Judicious, Honest, Righteous, Negotiation, Exchange, Justice, Upright, Kindness, Fear, Nest, Supreme Being, Equitable, The Element Adala Which Means to Act Justly or Judge" mainly used in Kannada, Gujarati, Marathi, Arabic, Hindi, Sindhi and Malayalam is bestowed upon both genders.
How does Adil feel as a baby name?
Adil is a popular Arabic name for baby boys that means "righteous". This name has gained widespread popularity across the Middle East and Asia due to its unique pronunciation and meaningful origin.
Adil is a simple yet powerful name that carries a lot of positive connotations, such as honesty, integrity, and morality. It's also easy to spell and pronounce for people of different languages and cultures.
Adil is the perfect choice for parents who want their son to have a strong and meaningful name that reflects their values of righteousness and justice. Overall, Adil is an excellent choice for those looking for a simple yet impactful baby boy name with Arabic origins.
How do I pronounce Adil?
Two syllabled Adil is most commonly pronounced as a-dil.
Variants of AdilNames that rhyme with Adil
How popular is the name Adil?
In England and Wales, Adil was once a common name since emerging in 1996 it has been given to over 1912 babies. At the peak of its usage in 2001,. However after 23 years, the name is on free fall on the charts.
Also, A common name in France with over 5072 new-borns have been given the name since 1971. At present the moniker is on a rise, in 1980, the moniker grabbed the 252nd spot and 164 baby boys were given the name.
Adil is a unique baby name in United States, it has been in use since 1973 and was able to reach the top 3000 names. In 1997, it ranked 2095th when 48 boys were named Adil.
There are over 1269 babies that have been given the name Adil in United States. Also, in Belgium, it has been in use since 1995 and was able to reach the top 300 names.
In 2002, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 227 on boy names chart when 48 babies were named Adil. There are over 662 babies that have been given the name Adil in Belgium.
Adil is an uncommon baby name in Switzerland where it has been in use since 1998 and peaked in 2014 when it ranked 684th. However things change on global perspective, Adil is extremely popular in Morocco where every 1 in 300 have the name as well as in Sudan.
Also the baby name is popular in Pakistan, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, India, Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Uzbekistan and Afghanistan. According to our findings, over 650000 babies have been named Adil globally.
Adil in Nordic countries
Numerological aspects of Adil
The only thing holding you back is your lack of flexibility. It's time you realize that your life success and accomplishments don't depend on other people and their opinion of you but on you and your opinion of yourself. Unfortunately, you are not a keeper because you don't know how to love a person. You are all about independence, and like to have your own possessions because you like to enjoy luxury but not at any prize.
Other names similar to Adil
- Duha - Unusual Duhas origin is Arabic is commonly used in Sindhi, Arabic and Tamil and is used for both sexes, meaning of Duha is "Early Morning or Before Noon"
- Mahirah - Unexpected choice and Contemporary Hebrew Mahirah bestowed upon girls, meaning of Mahirah is "Expert or Adept" is predominantly used in Sindhi and Arabic
- Maria - Maria's meaning is Godsend Or: the Fertile or Sorrowful used for both boys and girls that of Hebrew origin is especially used in Portuguese, Greek and Swedish. On baby girl chart, preeminent Maria managed to reach 116 in year 2018 in United States
- Izhar - Izhar's meaning is Clearness, Submission or Oil is used substantially in Hindi and Bengali. Its origin is in Sanskrit is used as a boy name
- Riyah - The curious unisex name Riyah is used largely in Tamil and Malayalam, Riyah means "Comfort"
Sibling Names for Adil
Adil is a popular name for boys, meaning "just and equitable". If you are looking for sibling names for your little Adil, consider these options:
For a sister
Brother to Adil
Famous people named Adil
- Adil Kaouch, Moroccan middle distance runner
- Adil Abdul-Mahdi, Iraqi Shi'a politician
- Adil Shah Suri, seventh and final ruler of the Sur dynasty
- Adil Giray, was khan of the Crimean Khanate from 1666 to 1671
- Adil Belgaïd, Moroccan judoka
- Adil Zulfikarpašić, prominent Bosniak intellectual and politician
- Adil Çarçani, Albanian politician
- Adil Charkaoui, Morocco-born Canadian citizen
- Adil Ramzi, Moroccan former footballer
- Adil Kamil al-Wadi, citizen of Bahrain
- Adil Hadi bin Hamlili, citizen of Algeria
- Adil Rashid, English cricketer
- Adil Ray, British actor
- Adil Hermach, Moroccan footballer
- Adil Auassar, Dutch footballer of Moroccan origin.
- Adil Abdelwahab in movie Kingdom of Heaven as Actor
- In 1955, Adil Güldürür played the role of N in drama, romance flick Seyh Ahmet'in gözdesi.
- Adil Iskenderov portrayed the central character of Karbalayi Ismayil in 1971 drama film Axrinci Ashirim.
- In 2016 comedy, drama flick, Hotel Salvation, Adil Hussain played Rajiv.
Lists having Adil
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- Arabic Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Gujarati Baby Names
- Kannada Baby Names
- Malayalam Baby Names
- Marathi Baby Names
- Sindhi Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Baby Names that mean Sincere
- Baby Names that mean Fair
- Baby Names that mean Honest
- Baby Names that mean Righteous
- Baby Names that mean Justice
- Baby Names that mean Upright
- Baby Names that mean Kindness
- Baby Names that mean Fear
- Baby Names that mean Supreme
- Baby Names that mean Act
- Baby Names that mean Judge