Alana meaning and origin
Popular unisex name Alana has origin in Celtic, Hawaiian and Latin which is mainly used in Arabic, Irish, Finnish, Norwegian, English, Danish, Tamil and Swedish languages, meaning of Alana is "Beautiful, Darling Child or Ailin Meaning Little Rock". Alana is feminine variation of Alan. Alan is resultant of Alain. Origin of Renowned Alan is in Latin and Celtic, meaning of Alan is "Handsome, Peaceful, Rock or Noble and Little Rock". Alana is celebrated on September 9th.
Variants of Alana
Alanus, Aalana, Alline, Adelaide, Aileen, Alina, Aline, Alayne, Allynn, Adalayde, Aleit, Eline, Adelice, Adalheidis, Adaliz, Adelais, Adela, Adelheid, Adélaïde, Aeleen, Alene, Ileen, Aibhilin, Aveline, Eileen, Helen, Aelina, Alena, Alinda, Helena, Helene, Alianne, Eleanor
View middle names that goes with Alana like Tania, Tressie, Kay, Cordie, Natalia, May,Names that rhyme with Alana
Popularity of Alana
a popular name in United States having over 56947 recievers in 91 years of usage. At the peak of its usage in 2007, it ranked 143rd when 2459 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Additionally, the moniker has been in the top 500 baby names 43 times Alana was a common name in England and Wales. Over 5076 babies have been named Alana since 1996. At its zenith in 2016,. However after 23 years, the name is currently sliding down on the charts but it is still going strong. Also, A common name in France with over 1987 new-borns have been given the name since 1984. Presently the moniker is on a rise, in 2007, it ranked 345th when 173 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Also, In New South Wales, Alana was once a common name since emerging in 1980 it has been given to over 2887 babies. When at the peak of its usage in 1991,. After 29 years of usage, the name has fallen out of the charts.
Alana is a familiar baby name in Ireland, it has been in use since 1980 and was able to reach the top 100 names. In 2004, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 89 on girl names chart when 63 babies were given the name Alana. Over 1051 people have been named Alana in Ireland. Also, in Belgium, it has been in use since 1995 and was able to reach the top 200 names. In 1998, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 187 on girl names chart when 58 babies were given the name Alana. Over 388 people have been named Alana in Belgium. Also, in Queensland, the name had been in use for 24 years beginning from 1979 and had secured the place in top 100 names. In 1983, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 54 on girl names chart when 76 babies were given the name Alana. Over 986 babies in Queensland have been named Alana. Also, in Victoria, in just 3 years, it has made it to the top 100 names. In 2011, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 73 on girl names chart when 69 babies were given the name Alana. Over 179 babies in Victoria have been named Alana.
Alana is an uncommon baby name in Switzerland, even after 21 years of use, it could not make it big. Over 171 babies in Switzerland have been named Alana. But Alana is a popular baby name in Brazil where every 1 in 20000 have the name as well as in, Russia, Canada and Australia. According to our findings, at least 80000 people have been bestowed Alana around the globe.
Alana in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
What numbers say about Alana?
You never get tired from trying to be better than you were yesterday. Try to be more compassionate and humane. You like to believe that whatever we think, we become. Remember that life is to have fun and don't worry much. It's time you change your attitude when it comes to love and start focusing on your goals. Dreams are important to you because you think that a person without dreams is like a walking dead.
Looking for a name like Alana? Please go through the following names
- Shahrukh - Offbeat Shahrukh predominantly is used in Arabic and Sindhi bestowed upon baby boys, meaning of Shahrukh is "Concerning, Monarchy or The Kings Face"
- Rao - Used dominantly in Arabic and Hindi, Rao is used as a boy name, Rao means "Victorious"
- Muqatadir means Name of an Abbasid Khalifah is notably used in Arabic and Sindhi is used as a baby boy name
- Amzi - Chiefly used in Arabic, Hebrew and English new-fangled and uncustomary, Amzi aimed at both sexes, meaning of Amzi is "Strong" is originated from Hebrew
- Naja - Naja's meaning is Eternal Salvation, Success or Successful is predominantly used in African and Arabic and is aimed at both genders is originated from Old Greek and Inuktitut
Namesakes of Alana
- Alana Cordy-Collins, was Professor of Anthropology at the University of San Diego
- Alana Beard, American professional basketball player for the Los Angeles Sparks of the Women's National Basketball Association
- Alana de la Garza, American actress
- Alana Grace, American actress and singer-songwriter
- Alana Davis, American singer-songwriter
- Alana DeLong, Canadian politician and candidate for the BC Liberals for the Nanaimo-North Cowichan riding
- Alana Stewart, American actress and former model
- Alanah Rafferty in The Desert Island All Time Top 5 Songs of Tragedy as Actress
- Alana De Roma in Amy as Actress
- Alana Lasry in Episode #1.4 as Actress
- Alana Peyton Smith in Lies I Told My Little Sister as Actress
- Alana Hamilton in Barely Bar Mitzvah'd as Actress
- Alana Luv in MILF and Kitten as Actress
- Alana Chester in No Prom Tuxedos for Lesbians as Actress
- Alana Dante in Big Brother VIPS as
- Alana Hood in Episode #2.4 as Actress
- Alana De La Garza, from 2006 comedy, romance movie Mr. Fix It, who played Sophia.
- In 2013, Alana Jackler characterized the role of Jade in horror, thriller movie The Taking.
Lists having Alana
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- American Baby Names
- Celtic Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Hawaiian Baby Names
- Latin Baby Names
- Arabic Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Irish Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Popular English Girl Names
- Girl names that starts with Ala
- Girl names that ends with -ana
- Popular Girl Names in Ireland (2006)
- Popular Girl Names in New South Wales (2011)
- Popular Girl Names in Queensland (2003)
- Popular Boy Names in Victoria (2012)
- Popular Girl Names in Victoria (2011)
- Baby Names that mean Beautiful
- Baby Names that mean Darling
- Baby Names that mean Child
- Baby Names that mean Rock
- Baby Names that mean Light
- Baby Names that mean Offering
- Baby Names that mean Tribe
- Baby Names that mean Black
- Baby Names that mean Sea
- Baby Names that mean Dear
- Baby Names that mean Little