Amal name meaning
What does Amal mean?
Unconventional unisex name Amal means "Expectation, Bird, Hard Work, Bright, Clean, Pure, Unblemished, Hope, Aspiration or Wish" and is specifically used among Sikhs, Icelandic, Malayalam, Telugu, Arabic, Marathi, Swedish, Sindhi, Bengali, Tamil, Hindi, Danish, Turkish, Kannada, Norwegian, Gujarati and Finnish is rooted from Arabic, Hebrew and English languages. Amal is variant of persistent and prevailing Amalia. Amalia is a version of predominant and evergreen Emily. Amalia is derivative of Emilie. Amalia is Latin cognate of Germanic Names Beginning with Amal-. Originated from Latin and Gothic, Unfamiliar Amalia, Amalia means "Emulus, Brave and Efficient".
How does Amal feel as a baby name?
Amal is a charming baby name that stands out for its fascinating qualities. Its origin is Arabic and it means "hope", which reflects the beautiful sentiment behind this name. Amal is a great choice for parents looking for a short and sweet name that still holds significant meaning. It's an easy name to spell and pronounce, so your child won't have to deal with spelling mistakes or mispronunciations throughout their life. Furthermore, the simplicity of Amal's letters makes it a versatile name that can fit any personality type or character trait. Overall, Amal is an excellent option for parents seeking a delightful and meaningful baby name for their little one.
How do I pronounce Amal?
a-mal is the most common way to pronounce two syllabled Amal.
Variants of Amal
Aamaal, Amalia, Emily, Aimil, Amy, Aemilie, Emi, Milka, Emilse, Emilie, Émilie, Aami, Amata, Amei, Amymarie, Amatus, AiméeNames that rhyme with Amal
How popular is the name Amal?
In United States, Amal was once a common name since emerging in 1962 it has been given to over 3016 babies. When at the peak of its usage in 2018,. However the graph is now showing a downward trend after 89 years. Also, A common name in England and Wales with over 1186 new-borns have been given the name since 1996. Presently at its peak, it ranked 419th when 104 parents chose the moniker for their baby girls. Also, Amal was a common name in France. Over 3441 babies have been named Amal since 1961. When at the peak of its usage in 1983,. But after 77 years, the name has lost its ground and appears to be dropping out of sight.
Amal is a unique baby name in Belgium, it has been in use since 1995 and was able to reach the top 300 names. In 2001, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 259 on girl names chart when 39 babies were named Amal. Over 615 babies in Belgium have been named Amal. The first name is an uncommon baby name in Switzerland, in use since 2000, peaked in 2018 when it ranked 607th. However things change on global perspective, Amal is extremely popular in Egypt where every 1 in 300 have the name as well as in, Morocco, Iraq, Sudan and India. Also the baby name is popular in Yemen, Jordan, Libya, Tunisia, Eritrea, Palestine, Lebanon, Sri Lanka, Syria, Algeria, Somalia, United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Oman, Iran, Israel, Bangladesh, Uzbekistan, Pakistan, Ethiopia and Indonesia. At least, 1660000 people around the globe have been given the name as per our findings.
Amal in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Numerological aspects of Amal
You respond to occurrences in an unusual, impulsive but also creative way. You always watch not to hurt anyone's emotions. You have a sharp focus and hard-working nature. You are interested in learning new and exciting things. Your family isn't very happy with how you handle things and treat people when it comes to romantic relationships. You love life and life loves you. It takes a long time for someone to gain a special place in your heart.
Do you like Amal? Other names you would love
- Amanah - Creative and adventurous and Modernistic Amanah majorly is used in Arabic and Arabic is a gender-neutral name, meaning of Amanah is "Faithful to Believe, Trust or The Gift"
- Abay - Meaning of Abay is Father of a Multitude used for both boys and girls is used chiefly in Hindi, Malayalam and Marathi
- Kishwar - Principally used in Arabic, Arabic and Sindhi, Kishwar means "Realm, A Country or Region" is a gender insensitive name
- Amiran - The boy name Amiran is rooted from Hebrew and Arabic, Amiran means "Prince or Royal" is prevalently used in Hebrew and Arabic
- Azza - Meaning of Azza is Powerful, Young Gazelle or Young Female Gazelle came from Arabic, notably used in Kannada and Tamil is used as a girl name
Sibling Names for Amal
If you're looking for the perfect names to complement your little one's moniker, we've got a list of sibling names that go great with Amal. From classic choices to trendy picks, here are some options to consider for your growing family.
For a sister
Brother for Amal
Famous people named Amal
- Amal Syam, member of the Palestinian group Hamas
- Amal Kumar Raychaudhuri, leading Indian physicist
- Amal Murkus, Palestinian singer
- Amal Silva, former Sri Lankan cricketer
- Amal McCaskill, American former professional basketball player
- Amal Hijazi, Lebanese singer
- Amaly Junco in Conducta as Actress
- Amal Al-Agroobi in The Brain That Sings as Producer
- Amaliya Mordvinova in Vor as Actress
- Amalia Scaliter in Malevo as Actress
- Amal Ayouch in movie The Gospel of Matthew as Actress
- Amal Farid, from 1959 drama and romance movie Min ajal emraa, who portrayed Nadia.
- Amal Faouzi portrayed the central character of N in 1946 film Yasmina.
Lists having Amal
- Biblical Baby Names
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- Arabic Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Danish Baby Names
- Finnish Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Bengali Baby Names
- Gujarati Baby Names
- Kannada Baby Names
- Malayalam Baby Names
- Marathi Baby Names
- Sindhi Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Telugu Baby Names
- Norwegian Baby Names
- Swedish Baby Names
- Turkish Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- Baby Names that mean Bird
- Baby Names that mean Hard
- Baby Names that mean Work
- Baby Names that mean Bright
- Baby Names that mean Clean
- Baby Names that mean Pure
- Baby Names that mean Hope
- Baby Names that mean Wish