Aditya name meaning
On This Page
What does Aditya mean?
Widely Accepted unisex name Aditya means "Sun, The Sun, As Bright as Sun, Lord Surya, Related to Aditi, Belonging to Aditi, Thesun, Lord of Sun or Newly Risen Sun" has its roots in Sanskrit is dominantly used in Indian, Hindi, Malayalam, Assamese, Kannada, Marathi, English, Gujarati, Oriya, Sindhi, Tamil, Bengali, Sanskrit and Telugu.
How do I pronounce Aditya?
The proper pronunciation of two syllabled Aditya is a-dit-ya. It can also be pronounced as ad(i)-tya.
Variants of AdityaNames that rhyme with Aditya
How popular is the name Aditya?
Aditya used to be a common name in United States, first appeared in 1979 and over 4816 babies have been given the name in 41 years. When at its peak in 2008,.
However after 41 years, the name is on free fall on the charts but it is still going strong. Aditya is a familiar baby name in England and Wales, it has been in use since 1997 and was able to reach the top 600 names.
In 2008, it achieved its highest ever ranking of 538 on boy names chart when 62 babies were named Aditya. Over 706 people have been named Aditya in England and Wales.
Aditya is an uncommon baby name in France, its highest ever rank is 3181 (1998) in its 14 years run on France naming chart. However things change on global perspective, Aditya is extremely popular in India where every 1 in 7000 have the name.
Also the baby name is popular in Indonesia. According to our estimate, at least 280000 people have been bestowed Aditya around the globe.
Aditya in Nordic countries
|First Name||Secondary Name||First Name||Secondary Name|
Here's what numbers has to say about Aditya
You are your own person who likes to live on the edge. Work on your ability to understand how people feel. Focus on your dreams and create the life you always imagined for yourself. In order to achieve great things and become the influencer you always dreamed to be, you have to pay attention to people because believe it or not, they play their part in a person's career success. In order to achieve something great and unseen so far, you have to rely on your talents, creativity, and intuition.
Other names similar to Aditya
- Asuga - Meaning of Asuga is Wind or Fleet aimed at baby boys is used commonly in Sanskrit
- Navina - Of Sanskrit origin, Unorthodox and Contemporary Navina bestowed upon both boys and girls used notably in Tamil, Telugu and Sanskrit, Navina means "New, ***, Youthful or The New"
- Gorakshanath - Boy name Gorakshanath is largely used in Sanskrit, Gorakshanath means "Mastered his Senses, A Famous Medieval Hindu Yogi or Name of a Saint of Gorakh Community"
- Apritapa - Used principally in Sanskrit, Apritapa mainly bestowed upon baby boys, Apritapa means "Lord Vishnu or Guarding the Joyous"
- Ahanna - Origin of Uncustomary and Modernistic Ahanna is in Irish is used as a gender insensitive name, meaning of Ahanna is "Born During the Day and Sunrise". Ahanna is derivation of Ahana.
Sibling Names for Aditya
Aditya is a name of Hindu origin and it means “The Sun". It has a beautiful, lyrical sound that would make the perfect sibling name for your baby. Here are some sibling names that go well with Aditya:
For a sister
Brother for Aditya
Famous people named Aditya
- Aditya Babu, Tollywood producer and actor
- Aditya Raut, international open water swimmer
- Aditya Chopra, Indian filmmaker
- Aditya I, Chola king
- Aditya Karikalan, Chola prince
- Aditya Mittal, president and CFO of ArcelorMittal and CEO of ArcelorMittal Europe
- Aditya Dibabha, member of the Thai Royal Family and a Siamese political figure
- Aditya Pancholi, Indian film actor
- Aditya Narayan, Indian playback singer
- Aditya Vikram Birla, Indian industrialist
- Aditya Assarat in Wonderful Town as Director
- Aditya Seal in Purani Jeans as Actor
- Aditya Lakhia in Lagaan: Once Upon a Time in India as Actor
- Aditya Rai in Dil Ka Rishta as Producer
- Aditya Datt in Aashiq Banaya Aapne: Love Takes Over as Director
- Aditya Kapadia in Jaanwar as Actor
- Aditya Y.S. in Little Soldiers as Actor
- Aditya Bal in Mashooka as Actor
- Aditya Chandora is noted for directing movie No Pills in Happyland
- In 2004 action and crime flick, Black Friday, Aditya Srivastav portrayed Badshah Khan and Nasir Khan.
- Aditya Suryo played small character of Rino in 2018 horror flick Arumi.
Lists having Aditya
- Boys names beginning with A
- Girls names beginning with A
- Sanskrit Baby Names
- Indian Baby Names
- English Baby Names
- Hindi Baby Names
- Assamese Baby Names
- Bengali Baby Names
- Gujarati Baby Names
- Kannada Baby Names
- Malayalam Baby Names
- Marathi Baby Names
- Sindhi Baby Names
- Tamil Baby Names
- Telugu Baby Names
- Baby Names that mean Sun
- Baby Names that mean Bright
- Baby Names that mean Lord
- Baby Names that mean Son
- Baby Names that mean Goddess
- Baby Names that mean Parvati
- Baby Names that mean First
- Baby Names that mean Belonging
- Baby Names that mean Risen